A LIFE WITH THE FUTURE

By MimieLover

WHAT would you do when you fall in love with an unexpected person and at unexpected time? Zhang Rounan, he ha... More

Prologue
LIFE 1
LIFE 2
LIFE 3
LIFE 4
LIFE 5
LIFE 6
LIFE 7
LIFE 8
LIFE 9
LIFE 10
LIFE 11
LIFE 12
LIFE 13
LIFE 14
LIFE 15
LIFE 16
LIFE 17
LIFE 18
LIFE 20
LIFE 21
LIFE 22
LIFE 23
LIFE 24
LIFE 25
LIFE 26
LIFE 27
LIFE 28
LIFE 29
LIFE 30
LIFE 31
LIFE 32
LIFE 33
LIFE 34

LIFE 19

154 2 0
By MimieLover

ROUNAN was not feeling well that she slept most of the time inside the flight back to Beijing. As usual, Wei Ting never failed to take care of her. It was not long hours of flight anyway yet Wei Ting requested the flight attendant for the blanket for her. She knew that he was tired as well, but he prioritized in taking care of her.

"Rounan, wake up. You should eat something," she finally opened her eyes after he gently tapped her shoulder. She usually a heavy sleeper, especially when she was exhausted yet she did not have a trouble to wake up when he touched her.

She glanced at the foods on the tray table. The delicious aroma of foods made her stomach growled from hunger yet it nauseated her at the same time. She did not want to vomit in front of him later. So, she refused to eat and want to go back to sleep.

"No! You must eat something to fill your empty stomach," Wei Ting said firmly. Rounan knew that he was concerned about her, but his authority tone irked her somehow. She felt like scolding him for impregnating her, and she had to go all these trouble because of him. The pregnancy hormones had caused her to become emotionally sensitive.

In split of seconds, she felt touch when Wei Ting wanted to spoon-feed her. She glanced at the fried rice on the spoon and ate it, praying that she would not vomit right away after eating. She forced herself to chew the food and swallowed it. She liked the taste of this fried rice and her nausea gradually disappeared. Hurm, it must their baby that wanted Wei Ting to pamper her like this.

Wei Ting kept feeding her and she even requested him to feed her other dishes on the table tray. They were inside business class anyway, and other passengers were minding own business as well. So, she did not mind to be spoon feeding by him until she finished her foods.

"You should eat as well," she said, looking at his empty table tray. As much as she loved being pampered by him like this, she did not want to trouble him anymore.

"Later," he replied. She was not agreed with him. So, she tried to take the spoon from him and eat by herself, earning the sharp glare from him. She did not want them to fight over trivial matter, so she just kept quiet and continued eating whatever he was feeding her.

"I'm full," she stopped him, looking at him with the puppy eyes. Wei Ting looked at the plate and satisfied with amount of food that had entered her stomach. He would not force her anymore. He then requested the flight attendant to take away her plate and bring his foods to the table.

After the plane touched down and they finished sorting out all the documents and luggage, it was time to say goodbye. As they had been informed that the number of fans were waiting outside the arrival lobby, they decided to leave separately to avoid chaos. And since Rounan was not feeling well, Wei Ting ordered her team to leave from parking garage. She did not argue and followed the plan.

Rounan went inside the van while Yuxi and the driver put the luggage and stuffs at the back. Her phone battery was running low, so she reached her backpack to get the power bank inside it. However, once she opened her backpack, she noticed a long navy-blue box inside it, with a memo note attached to it.

'Thanks for the friendship bracelet,'

"What is that?" asked Yuxi after she closed the van's door. Rounan was quiet, wondering when Wei Ting put this thing inside her bag. It must be during she was sleeping inside the flight just now. She then decided to open his gift for her. It was Binyeo, a Korean traditional hairpin.

"Wow! That is beautiful," Yuxi said when Rounan took out the long golden stick with beautiful phoenix at the end of the stick.

"I want to see Wei Ting Ge," she said in low voice, but clear enough to surprise Yuxi.

"You mean now? You can't go out. There are a lot of fans at outside," Yuxi opposed the idea. She was not in good condition anyway to encounter with fans now.

"I mean just stop at the lobby area. I really want to see him from inside here," she looked at Yuxi with glassy eyes, leaving Yuxi no choice but to grant her wish. Rounan looked back at the Binyeo inside her grip. This gift was way more expensive than the bracelet she had given to him. She really did not expect him to purchase this Binyeo in return to their cheap friendship bracelet.

She loved it anyway and instantly inserted into her bun. Few minutes later, the van finally stopped nearby the arrival lobby, where she still could see Wei Ting from her seat. Many of his fans had waited for him at outside and even though he was exhausted, he still stopped for the pictures.

She smiled at the sight. That was how the man she loved treated his beloved fans, always trying the best to accommodate them. The man she loved was the centre of attraction. Whenever they attended the shows together previously, he always sat at the centre while she always sat at the side. Why? Because he was the brightest stars among them. And he was one the brightest stars she had ever seen in her life.

"Are you sure about this, Rounan?" Yuxi gently touched her shoulder, questioning back the huge decision she had made few days ago. Rounan was quiet as she opened the photo gallery and played the sonogram video. She cried in happiness at the sound of fetal heartbeat. Then her gaze shifted back to the man that she loved wholeheartedly.

"I've never been so sure in my life," Rounan smiled widely with tears running down her cheeks. She had loved him during his happiest time, during his lowest time, during his sad and loneliest day, and she had loved him in all the ways she possibly could. Now she was going to love him unconditionally as she finally found the closure for her heart. There was no more pain of loving him as she was contented with her unrequited love for him. And there was no regret because he had given her the best farewell gift.

"And I am going to give you all my love. I promise that," she touched her tummy in bliss. She must be strong for her baby. Few weeks after returned to Beijing was the craziest weeks for her. The management was freaked out when she disclosed her pregnancy to them. She had no choice because she needed their help to clear out her packed schedule and she had to drop her upcoming drama because her tummy would grow bigger and visible by then. She did not disclose the father of the baby, but it was not hard for them to guess anyway.

"Leave him alone. He doesn't know about this and it is my decision alone to keep this pregnancy," she sternly warned her management not to drag Wei Ting along in this matter. As much as her management did not agree with her, they had to respect her decision and would come out with the plan later, especially the timing to release the breakup news of her and Zixin to the public.

Then all the photoshoot events had to be rescheduled and brought forward, and it was so tight and crazy that she did not get enough rest for herself. On top of that, her vomiting worsened that she actually was required hospitalization for hydration and close monitoring. However, she had to refuse it. She had no much time left and could not push back her schedule, so she had to trouble Yuxi by asking the help from her sister-in-law.

Every night when Rounan got home, the nurse would drop at her place to poke her veins and gave fluid and vitamin for her. She had lost significant of weight as the complication of vomiting. Her hands and arms got bruises from the multiple needle insertion, that she had to cover them with foundation before went to work. And tonight, Wei Ting's agency had thrown a celebration party for him before he left to Los Angeles tomorrow.

Even though he had personally invited her few days ago to his party, she really could not make it. She did not inform him beforehand because she did not want to ruin his mood. However, Wei Ting clearly not please with her action that he ended showing up at her place without warning. Yuxi also did not inform her anything about Wei Ting coming to her place. Truthfully, as much as she missed him, she actually did not want him to see her current state, especially how ill she appeared without any makeup.

As much as she missed being pampered by him, she hated when he treated her like a problematic child that he had to rummage her kitchen just to cook something for her. They ended up fighting which she ended up leaving him alone in the kitchen. She was exhausted that she had fallen asleep inside her room but she had woken up when Wei Ting knocked the door and entered her bedroom.

This was the first time he came to her place anyway. Rounan kept her eyes closed, pretending to sleep when he brushed away the strands of hair on her face. Oh, how she missed him so badly that even the few phone calls could not ease away this agony. How she wished to spend more time with him and she lost to her feeling when she grabbed his hand, stopping him from leaving.

"Are you going to leave now?" she asked with low voice, still not looking at his face.

"I'm not welcomed here," Rounan could sense the disappointment in his voice. She did not want him to leave yet. This whole month was the roller-coaster ride of emotions for her, especially when her parents and sisters paid a surprise visit to her last week.

"Stay here. Can you accompany me tonight?" she lowered her pride by asking him to stay at her place. Wei Ting looked at her until she felt embarrass, that she almost released his hand from her grip. However, she was taken aback when he gripped back her hand, refusing to let it go.

"Are you sure?" his tone was serious. Rounan looked at him. His intense gaze had made her cheeks blushing yet the dim light had concealed her red face.

"I'm not going to seduce you," she added, shifting her body to other side of bed without breaking her gaze with him. Wei Ting put his things away and got into the bed. Rounan gasped when Wei Ting gently pinned her on bed as he held her in his arms.

"Wei Ting Ge," she called his name in whisper when his fingers lightly traced the outline of her face. Oh, how she missed his touches and his scent so badly! She then noticed his gaze fixed on her trembling lips.

"I am not going to do anything," he whispered, his warm breath caressed her lips and cheek.

"But can I kiss you?" her heart skipped a beat at his request. Her heart and body yearned and longed for him, and he gently kissed her after she gave the permission. Owh, how he missed his lips so much! They shared soft and longing kisses, which later Wei Ting broke the kiss and hugged her tightly. Oh, how she missed the warmth of his body.

"Rounan..." he called her name with sleepy voice as his fingers played with her soft hair.

"Humm..." she hummed as the response.

"What are we?" she was taken aback by his question. Why he suddenly brought up this matter when they had decided to stay as friend? She could feel his fingers stopped moving as he had fallen asleep. Rounan closed her eyes and hugged him tighter and finally sleep consumed him. She then woke up at 3 in the morning, feeling so hungry that she needed something to eat right now.

Rounan looked at Wei Ting who was still in the deep sleep because he did not move a bit when she left the bed. She usually would take bath before sleeping but just now she was too exhausted that she only removed her makeup and cleaned her face. She went to take a bath and even after she had finished bathing, Wei Ting was still sleeping. Rounan did not blow dry her hair because she did not want to disturb his sleep, so she just wrapped her wet long hair using towel and left the room.

The foods that Wei Ting had cooked for her had turned cold, so she needed to reheat the porridge and soup on stove. While she was stirring the porridge, she surprised when a pair of muscular arms hugged her waist from behind. Before she could react, Wei Ting placed his chin on her shoulder and hugged her tighter.

"Why you left the bed without me?" he said in bedroom voice. Her body stiffened as she blinked in confusion. What was wrong with him? Was he still dreaming and not fully conscious?

"You smell so good," he said before kissing lightly her neck from behind. Rounan gasped when his warm lips touched her cold skin. She knew where it would lead to if she did not stop him now. So, she quickly turned off the stove and gently released his arms around her waist.

"Wei Ting Ge, you are not fully awake," she chuckled awkwardly, walking away from him. But then he immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him until her body collided with him. He then held her in his arms and stared at her face. Rounan tried to hide her nervousness because she was not dumb not to understand what she was seeing inside his eyes now.

"Who says that I'm not fully awake?" he desired her when she felt her body was the least attractive to him now. Rounan startled when he removed the towel from her head and threw it onto the floor. He closed his eyes as he buried his face on her damp hair and inhaled it.

"Wei Ting Ge..." her voice was getting low when he kissed again her neck. She felt like her whole body turned limp, causing her arms to clung around his neck for support. These pregnancy hormones had made her body sensitive to his touches. She mewled when he lifted her body and placed her on the kitchen counter, not liking the cold surface that touched her skin.

He wanted to unbuttoned her shirt but she reflexively held his arm to stop. She needed the time to process what was happening right now. Was she dreaming right now? Wei Ting's gaze fell on her bruised hands. He held them tightly so he could have better look.

"What have you done to yourself?" he then looked at her regrettably, as if he blamed himself for fail to look after her. Tears filled her eyes the moment he kissed those bruises on her hands before he caressed her cheek.

"I have missed you," the way he looked at her had terrified her, because she did not want to misinterpret what she was seeing in his eyes right now. There was no way that he finally reciprocated her feeling after five years. Rounan closed her eyes when he kissed her lips. She kissed him back anyway and let him do whatever he wanted right now.

He pushed down her shirt to the waist, leaving her in white bra. She wrapped her legs around his waist, pulling him closer to her as he was kissing and nipping her neck and collarbone. Suddenly their moment was interrupted by Wei Ting's ringing phone. Who was calling him at this hour? He broke the kiss and took out his phone from the pocket. She thought he was going to answer it but he rejected the call, turned his phone into silent mode and threw it aside on the countertop.

He clearly had no intention to stop when he pulled his shirt over the head and threw it on the floor. He went to claim back her lips, ignoring the sound of vibrating phone beside them.

"It's Roby. Don't mind him," he now was getting intoxicated by her scent. Rounan stopped him when he was about to unclasp her bra and slightly pushed him away from her.

"It must be something important since he calls you non-stop. Please answer it," she gently touched his face and looked at his phone, requesting him to stop ignoring the calls from Roby. Wei Ting sighed and bent forward to reach his phone, his body was till trapping Rounan from moving away from him.

"What's up?" he answered the call, eyes were still on Rounan's blushing face.

"I'm still at Rounan's place," Rouna surprised when Wei Ting was being honest with Roby. He moved the phone away from his ear after hearing Roby's shrieking over the phone. Even Rounan could hear it. He was scolding Wei Ting for staying overnight at her place and he might be getting caught by paparazzi if he did not leave her place right now. Rounan pulled back her shirt to cover her body and the truth was, she was secretly grateful for Roby's phone calls because he had brought her back to sanity.

"Roby is right. You should leave by now," she hopped off from the counter and properly buttoned back her shirt. She even collected Wei Ting's shirt on the floor and handed to him. He grabbed his shirt but then he pulled along Rounan and kissed her again.

"Promise me we will talk about this when I get back," he said in between the kisses. Rounan just quietly stared at him. Honestly, she had no idea what was inside his head, but she could not make any promises to him right now, not when she had planned her future without him by her side. Their moment once again was interrupted by ringing phone.

"Yes. I'm leaving now," Wei Ting was pissed off with Roby now. He put back his shirt and went back inside Rounan's room to get his things. Before he left, he reminded her again to take care of herself and he would keep in touch with her when he is in USA later. 

*************

Enjoy reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 291 16
I know she's in denial about her feelings towards me, but I'm just glad she feel something towards me. I can't imagine my life without her. She wa...
72.5K 5.6K 35
Two best friends grew up together in the orphanage .. They are so close that they never left each other's side..In childhood, they stayed together, a...
19.3K 1.1K 29
What if you fall for your BESTFRIEND, will you risk for her Love? Disclaimer this story is just a FAN FICTION! Read it on your own risk! Enjoy Rea...
2.9K 184 13
Nanon need some time to find a new boyfriend......In 2023 to call off his engagement with a girl he didn't like... Ohm in his life didn't get any Lov...