A LIFE WITH THE FUTURE

By MimieLover

WHAT would you do when you fall in love with an unexpected person and at unexpected time? Zhang Rounan, he ha... More

Prologue
LIFE 1
LIFE 2
LIFE 3
LIFE 4
LIFE 5
LIFE 6
LIFE 7
LIFE 8
LIFE 9
LIFE 10
LIFE 11
LIFE 12
LIFE 13
LIFE 14
LIFE 16
LIFE 17
LIFE 18
LIFE 19
LIFE 20
LIFE 21
LIFE 22
LIFE 23
LIFE 24
LIFE 25
LIFE 26
LIFE 27
LIFE 28
LIFE 29
LIFE 30
LIFE 31
LIFE 32
LIFE 33
LIFE 34

LIFE 15

55 2 0
By MimieLover

IF ONE would ever ask Rounan how or when did she fall in love with Wei Ting, she probably did not have answer for it. She had always been a fan of him, and working with him in a drama few years ago just like a dream came true. From fan and idol relationship, they started to become close friends. He had always taken a good care of her whenever they were together and one day, Rounan just opened her eyes and realized that she had fallen in love with him.

She really had no idea when she had loved him. Falling in love with Wei Ting was irresistible when you get to know him personally where he let you see his true self. He had always been in the limelight, and people loved his easy going and friendly personality. However, seldom people he had ever shown his vulnerable side to and shared his dream with, which Rounan felt privileged to become one of people he had trusted in his life.

Rounan was sitting alone inside the resting room, flipping the fashion magazine and she stopped at few pages where Wei Ting's pictures were printed there. She smiled alone like an idiot, thinking about the cooking show that she and Wei Ting had been invited as guests next week. Finally, she got the chance to meet him again after few months not seeing each other.

"Rounan!" Rounan startled when someone called out her name. She looked up and saw Zixin was standing in front of her, giving her a weird look because she was smiling foolishly just now.

"What?" Rounan managed to cover her nervousness by nonchalantly flipped next page of the magazine. Currently they had couple photoshoot for the Harper's BAZAAR magazine. This was their second time featured in this magazine because even after their drama had finished airing four months ago, they somehow still become a phenomenal couple and many people wished for them to become real life couple.

"When are you going to accept my proposal to become my girlfriend?" Zixin playfully asked after he sat on opposite the couch in front of her. Rounan glimpsed at him with a small smile. In many previous interviews, he had always been vocal about his feelings for her yet he always told in playful manner. Of course, Rounan flattered when Zixin had huge crush on her.

"Stop joking around," she replied without looking at his face.

"Why not? We look great together and people love us," Zixin tried to lure Rounan even though he had been rejected by her numerous times.

"You are not a match to my crush," and he knew that she had crush on someone else.

"Then tell me who is he so I can compete fairly with him," as usual, Zixin tried to dig about Rounan's secret crush yet he had no idea who that person could be as Rounan told him that he was someone outside the entertainment industry. Of course, Rounan would tell lie to Zixin, so he would not find out her true feeling for Wei Ting. After all, she did not have many close male friends in this industry.

However, her love for Wei Ting had been rejected even before she could confess to him. It happened during the break time of cooking show, where Wei Ting was suffering from flu at that time. Of course, she paid extra attention to him and made sure he took medication on time. She was about to enter the room when she accidentally heard Wei Ting's conversation with Fang Hui, another male guest for the show today.

"Are you sure there is nothing going on between you guys? She looks so worried as if you are terminally ill when you just having flu right now," he teased Wei Ting kept wiping and cleaning his runny nose.

"She is always sweet to me," Wei Ting replied, reaching another tissue to wipe again his nose.

"Then, don't you like her? For your information, I know few of my friends actually have crush on her. She is pretty anyway," added Fang Hui, trying to see any hint of jealousy on Wei Ting's face.

"I do like her but as a younger sister only. I will never develop any romantic feeling for her. That's for sure. She also considers me as her brother, nothing more than that," he replied casually, not realizing that his whole conversation had been heard by Rounan. Rounan felt her heart broke into million pieces and it took her all the strength to act around Wei Ting whole day as if she had never heard about his conversation just now.

She cried alone when she got back home. Of course, it was all her fault alone for falling in love with Wei Ting. She thought she could get over this heartbreak over few days but she was wrong. She found out it was extremely hard to act around Wei Ting, and today she had to attend CANOTWAIT fashion show. She had promised him anyway.

The brand just released its new collection of Modern Fairytale which it received many positive feedback from public. It was a huge success for Wei Ting's company, another milestone he had achieved in this fashion and clothing industry. Now Rounan was attending the afterparty. She still had not got the chance to congratulate Wei Ting after the fashion show as he was being surrounded by other celebrities and the reporters.

Even though she was suffering from the heartbreak, she still could not help but felt proud of him. She just stood among the crowds, watching him gave the speech and it was such an emotional night for him as he did not expect the huge success of the fashion show tonight. He humbly thanked everyone that had supported him through thick and thin, and that had become another reason Rounan kept falling in love with him.

"Where is he? Is he still not feeling well?" Rounan did not see him around after his speech. She had no idea where was him but seeing him still having runny nose, she afraid that he was not feeling well. Probably he was resting in VIP room. Rounan left the ballroom and went to second floor, where there were few VIP rooms provided to the guests.

As she almost reached the hallway, Rounan heard sound of people running and giggling, so she hid behind the wall and peeked behind there. Her heart stopped beating at the sight. It was Wei Ting who was running at the hallway, giggling and laughing with a beautiful tall woman beside him. Wei Ting then pushed the woman against the wall and kissed her passionately. Rounan immediately covered her mouth as if she just witnessed a crime scene.

That woman was no other than Lui Lin Yi, one of the popular models and she also was one of CANOTWAIT's models for tonight. So, the rumours were true. They were not just friends but also secret lovers. He never admitted their relationship so he could protect Lui Lin Yi. How fool she was for not understanding how the entertainment and showbiz industry worked. Wei Ting pulled Lui Lin Yi inside one of the VIP rooms and only God knew what was happening inside there.

Rounan ran to the restroom, trying to calm her emotions as she wiped away the tears that had ruined her makeup. She still could not believe what she had seen just now. Now she realized that Wei Ting could never love her because he already had someone inside his heart. Plus, she was out of his league. She compared herself to Lui Lin Yi and realized she could never be a match to Lui Lin Yi. Probably she fell into the type of women that Wei Ting might not find attractive at all.

After about fifteen minutes inside the restroom, Rounan went back to ballroom. She went to her table and grabbed a glass of cold water to drink. She was hoping no one noticed how trembling her hands just now. Rounan tried to calm herself, and she found hard to stay here any longer. She wanted to go home. When she was about to take her phone to text Yuxi, she caught of Lui Lin Yi returned to ballroom. And alone.

Her dress was still same, so did her hair and makeup. She looked perfectly fine and mingled back with her friends as usual. Few minutes later, Wei Ting also returned to ballroom. He acted as usual, greeting everyone that walked passing him but he did not notice Rounan at all when he walked passing her table. He went to a group of people and chatted with them, but Lui Lin Yi was standing not far from him.

Rounan suddenly felt sick in the stomach as she watched the secret lovers were stealing glances at each other. It just like watching a scene from the drama, and Rounan was the insignificant characters in their love story. She was totally invisible to him right now. Probably he would not even realize about her even after she had left the party.

'I can't stand it anymore,' she had to leave now. However, God had decided to play with her tonight. Instead of leaving the party quietly, she had accidentally bumped with the waiter behind her when she pushed out her chair to leave. The tray of on his hand slipped and the glasses filled with red wine fell onto her hair and dress. Luckily none of the glasses broke and injured her.

"Miss, I'm very sorry!" the waiter apologized endlessly even though it was never his fault to begin with. Rounan did not know how to react. She was drenched in the red wine. What a great way to humiliate herself tonight. Now she had become the centre of attention. Rounan did not dare to open her eyes. People around must be laughing at her. They must take many pictures of her and posted it online later. However, in less than a minute, she felt someone was hugging her.

"Rounan, are you okay?" without waiting for her answer, he removed his jacket and covered her body. Rounan felt like laughing at herself for finally able to divert Wei Ting's attention from Lui Lin Yi, only when she had accidentally humiliated herself in front of crowd and ruined his party tonight. She just followed him when he brought her out from the ballroom.

************

WEI TING brought Rounan to his room after the wine incident in the ballroom. He asked her to change the clothes and clean herself. She did not talk much and went inside the bathroom to take quick shower. She wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. Rounan wore the CANOTWAIT shirt and pants that he brought to her, and she was not impressed at how he got her size right.

Rounan had called Yuxi earlier, but she had no idea how long it would take Yuxi to arrive since the traffic was bad due to road accident. Rounan stuffed her dirty dress into the bag and quickly left the bathroom. She was planning to take taxi but when she stepped out of bathroom, she surprised to see that Wai Ting was still waiting for here inside the room. She thought he had returned to the party.

"You are done? Come here and have some tea," Wei Ting pulled her to sit on the couch. He even prepared the hot tea for her.

"Are you not feeling well? Your eyes and nose are red. Did you get infected by me?" Wei Ting referred to the flu that he had suffered for days, but he had completely recovered now.

"Probably," she replied shortly, trying to cover her hoarse and crack voice. Wei Ting glanced at Rounan before he moved to the table to get hair dryer.

"Then you should dry yourself properly," Rounan moved away when he touched her head. She felt like she had been deceived by him after she found out his relationship with Lui Lin Yi, yet at the same time he did not owe any explanation to her. It was his personal life anyway.

"Stay still," he held her shoulders and forced her to sit. Rounan did not fight back. She just quietly sat, clenching her fists as she was trying to hold back her tears. This was the second time he had helped drying her hair.

"You have such a long and beautiful hair," Wei Ting said out of nowhere.

'But I'm still not your type,' Rounan was trying hard to hold back her tears. She had always wanted to spend time with him but right now, it was too painful to spend even a second with him. She wanted to be alone. She wanted to cry out her heart tonight. God finally answered her prayer when Wei Ting received the call and he had to return to ballroom because the investors were looking out for him.

"It's okay, Wei Ting Ge. You have been gone for too long now. I can take care of myself. Plus, Yuxi is almost here," Rounan faked a smile as she reassured him that she would be fine here alone. Wei Ting looked hesitate at first but he was forced to leave when he received another phone call from the investor.

"I'm sorry that I have to go. Please take care yourself, okay," she always loved when he showed concern to her, but now she seemed hating it. She just wanted him to stop being so kind to her so she could find a reason to hate him and stop loving him. She must do something to stop her feeling from grow deeper. She had to do something to get over this heartbreak.

And few days later, she found herself in the restaurant as she finally accepted Zixin's invitation for dinner. It was just two of them. After countless time she had turned down Zixin's invitation, she finally agreed to go out with him for the first time.

"Zixin..," Rounan called his name with a low voice. Rounan was not really good with the alcohol. She just had few glasses of wine, but her cheeks had blushed as she was getting tipsy. Zixin smiled widely because he found this side of her was very cute.

"What?"

"Do you want to become my boyfriend?" she blurted out. Zixin was taken aback at first, but then he smiled as he realized about something.

"Did you get reject by your crush?" he asked teasingly, and Rounan's reaction said it all. Her body straightened as she looked at him in shock.

"How did you know?" she mumbled while pointed her finger straight at his face. Zixin chuckled, putting his arms over the chest and leaning against the chair.

"It's not hard to guess because you are finally agreed to go out with me," Rounan blinked her eyes because what Zixin's had said was completely true. Suddenly she felt so pathetic for going out with Zixin just to get over her heartbreak. Rounan reached the wine glass and finished the drink inside it. She was quiet for a while until she finally broke into tears again.

"He said that he will never love me," Rounan laughed at herself for being so pathetic. She recalled how she accidentally saw Lui Lin Yi social media page. She posted few of her pictures having fun in Hawaii beach and Rounan knew the couple had secretly left for the vacation the next day after the party. Lui Lin Yi's smile had said everything, that she was happy to be loved by Wei Ting.

"He is in love with someone else," she wiped away her tears. She was looking away when Zixin left his seat and went to her. The next minute, his lips crushed into hers. Rounan was completely surprised yet she did not push Zixin away. She even kissed him back until they almost collapsed from oxygen deprivation. Her lips had swollen from his hard and passionate kiss.

"It doesn't matter who you love right now but I'm willing to be you rebound man. I promise that I'll make you forget about him," he said before kissed her again. She felt so sinful yet she accepted him anyway as his boyfriend. Few days before she announced her relationship with Zixin to the public, she told Wei Ting about it.

He was surprised at first but then he was happy for her. His reaction had made Rounan realized that she was nothing more than just a sister and friend to him. And her decision to be with Zixin was the right thing she had done to get over her heartbreak. Truthfully, she did not know that her heart could love someone else. From the rebound man, she ended up falling in love with Zixin.

They were happy. Few months later, Wei Ting finally revealed his relationship with Lui Lin Yi to her but they kept their relationship secret from the public. Surprisingly, it did not feel as hurt as before when Wei Ting informed her about their relationship. There was one time Zixin had invited the couple to his house for dinner because Wei Ting was like a brother to his girlfriend.

Rounan was about to go to kitchen to help Zixin with the desserts when she accidentally saw the couple was hugging at outside the house. Lui Lin Yi's arms were around his waist while she rested her head on his shoulder. And Wei Ting's arm wrapped around her back while his other hand gently caressing Lui Lin Yi's cheek as he planted a soft kiss on her forehead. He was so gentle to his girlfriend.

Rounan touched her chest when she felt something inside there. It hurt but it was not as hurt as before. Probably because she had found someone else to love. She just curled a smile and went to get her boyfriend in the kitchen. Time flew by so fast and Rounan could not believe that she had been with Zixin more than a year now. She genuinely happy and in love with Zixin. She finally got over Wei Ting.

That was she thought and one day, God had decided to turn herself into villain in her own love story. She ended up hurting Zixin because she finally realized that she could never love Zixin the way her heart had loved Wei Ting. And her heart was screaming that it had never stopped loving Wei Ting. 

************

Enjoy reading. Next chapter will reveal how Zixin found out Rounan's true feeling for waiting

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 92 6
If you get a chance to fix your mistake..... then what you do? And what if the chance you earn..... which repeat again and again, until you fix it...
2.9K 184 13
Nanon need some time to find a new boyfriend......In 2023 to call off his engagement with a girl he didn't like... Ohm in his life didn't get any Lov...
1K 74 40
Chasing the same dream, becoming team mates, friends, bandmates, best friends... More? Somewhere in between, life happens. What you want sometimes is...
3.4K 126 30
Never had an intention to date somone.But,one of my bestie has a crush on a senior of our school.And such an unexpected thing happen to me.To find my...