The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

Bởi steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... Xem Thêm

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

Part 100

8.2K 279 67
Bởi steffi209

A/N: happy Monday and happy 100th! Thank you guys so much for sticking around with me and putting up with the story for so long. I hope you're not tired of me yet. Enjoy the slightly longer chapter and have a great week!
Ooh by the way, Leah makes an appearance today, hope you like it 😈

It was early, very early in the morning, when someone decided to wake me up from my peaceful slumber. Last night was a very long and exciting night and it had me exhausted in a good kind of way. 

I was cuddled up to Alexia's side, her arm loosely wrapped around my waist and my head tucked under her chin when the Spaniard decided that we had slept long enough. 

I felt Ale place kisses all over my face in an attempt to wake me up. It was too early for my liking so the only thing the Spaniard got as a response was a groan. 

I buried my head deeper into the brunette's chest and tried to go back to sleep. Alexia had different plans so her hand that was resting on my hip slowly traveled more towards my thigh which sent shivers down my spine. 

"Mmh, let me sleep." I stretched out and jawned. 

Alexia chuckled at my unwillingness to get up. She tightened her hold on me. Her hand going back to my hip, drawing small shapes on it. 

"You seem tired." Shu murmured into my hair. 

A small smile formed on my lips, remembering the events from last night. Undoubtedly Alexia did as well and was smirking after her comment. 

"Who's fault is that?" I mumbled against her neck, placing a kiss on it. 

"Mine." Her breath hitched in her throat by my sudden kiss. "I take full responsibility for that." Alexia gloated, making me chuckle. 

The ringing of my phone ruined any of my plans to go back to sleep even though Alexia would probably have ruined them anyway. Without looking up, I grabbed my phone, unplugged it and picked up. 

"Hello." I groggily answered. 

"How many times do I have to explain how FaceTime works?" I heard Leah chuckle on the other side of the phone. 

"What?" I asked confused. I was still trying to wake up my brain. 

"I'm facetiming you." Leah chuckled. 

Once my brain finally seemed to process what the blonde defender had said, my eyes widened in shock and so did Alexia's. 

"Ellie?" Leah called out my name, wondering if I was still there. 

I slowly moved out of Alexia's embrace, trying to be mindful of the phone so Leah wouldn't see anything. Once I sat up against the headrest and I was sure Alexia was out of sight, I lifted the phone away from my ear and showed myself on the screen. 

"Hey Le, what's up?" I greeted the defender with a small smile and rubbed the remaining sleep out of my eyes. 

"Waw, you look tired." Leah laughed once she finally got a good look at me. Alexia, who laid next to me, scrolling on her own phone now, snickered at the blonde's comment. 

"Why, thank you. You look awful as well." I deadpanned, making the blonde on the other side of the phone chuckle even more. 

"No I don't, I look good." Leah wiggled her eyes at me causing me to laugh. 

"How's it going in London?" I asked her once we both had calmed down a bit from laughing, in hopes she would move on from the subject but of course she didn't. 

"Nah Ah, I know what you're doing and it's not working. Back to you. You're sleeping right? I mean not too many nightmares?" 

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Alexia carefully reposition herself. As quietly as she could she scooted down the bed and laid her head on my stomach. 

Out of instinct I lifted my hands a bit, high enough so she could find a good position to lay in. Once she found the perfect spot, I rested my hands on her head. 

"Oh I've been sleeping alright." I mumbled only loud enough for Alexia to hear, causing her to snort. 

"What did you say?" The defender furrowed her brows in confusion, not quite getting what I said. 

"I'm fine Leah. Don't worry. I actually don't have too many nightmares any more." I smiled.

"Okay, well that's good." She sounded relieved. However the blonde's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and after some silence she finally spoke up. 

"Did you redo your room?" She asked with a questioning look. 

"No, why?" I frowned at the defender, not really sure where she was getting at. 

"Your wall is a different color." She simply pointed out and then it clicked. The room that Leah thought was mine, had a different color like she said. 

"No it isn't. It's always been this one." I tried to sound as convincing as I could but the blonde wasn't so easy to convince. 

"No, last time I facetimed you it was white now it's brown." 

"No no, it's always been this color." I tried again and this time she seemed satisfied with the answer. 

"Weird, I could have sworn it was white." She pondered a bit longer on her thoughts but then just accepted it. 

Conversation started the flow between us naturally, talking about how it was going in London, stupid things Katie or Jordan got themselves in, fights Daan had gotten herself into on the field, my adventures here in Barcelona and how I felt about our new coach for the national team. 

Somewhere during the conversation, I could feel Alexia's hand slip under the covers and under my shirt, pushing it away a bit in the process. Even though I loved the close contact with Ale, it was getting harder to focus on the conversation I was having with Leah. 

Her hand started on my stomach, tracing the outlines of my abs before slowly wandering down to my thigh. Her action had caused the blanket to get pushed away a bit and exposed my bare stomach, where she was placing gentle kisses.

"Is that a hickey?!" Leah yelled out and broke me out of my thoughts. The gaze that seconds before was locked on Alexia, now snapped to the screen, seeing a wide eyed defender. 

"What?" I shot up a bit in surprise causing Alexia to jolt up as well, giving me a small glare for disturbing her peace. 

Our movement caused the blanket to drop a bit. Even though it didn't show anything, it was very clear now that I wasn't wearing many clothes besides my tanktop and underwear. 

"You're not wearing any clothes." Her eyes only got bigger. 

"Yes I do." I immediately defended myself but it was no use. 

"No you don't and that definitely is a hickey." She narrowed her eyes, raking a closer look at me. 

Once Alexia knew I was gonna keep still and would stay in the same position, she nestled herself back to my side but forgot one very important thing. 

"Leah, I" I tried but immediately got cut off by the defender. 

"There is someone with you. I knew it wasn't your room!" She jumped up, almost dropping her phone in the process. 

"What, Leah. No." How the hell was I gonna get myself out of this situation? 

"I can see her hair." She deadpanned. I froze when I noticed what she was talking about. In the bottom corner of the screen you could see a bit of brown hair. 

Alexia, upon the mention of her hair shot up, revealing herself completely, luckily she did think about putting on a shirt before. 

"ALEXIA?!" She yelled out in shock, once she recognized the midfielder. 

It was like time stood still, no one dared to speak. Everyone was looking at each other in shock. Leah looked like she just had witnessed something unbelievable while Alexia and I for sure looked like a deer caught in headlights. 

"Uhm, hey Leah." Alexia finally recovered and sheepishly waved at the blonde. 

"Surprise?" I scrunched up my nose and tried to look as cute as possible. 

"Leah?" I tried again but she still didn't answer. 

"Leah, can you please say something." I begged the older girl, afraid of what her reaction might be. I knew she would be shocked but I hadn't predicted this. 

"I'll let you two talk." Ale turned to me and pecked my lips. I watched the midfielder walk out of the room with a goofy smile on my face. The interaction must have brought Leah back to reality. Once Alexia was completely out of the room her attention was on me again. 

"So you and Alexia?" She looked at me intently. It was hard to read how she was feeling about the new piece of information she had just found out. 

"Yes." I answered, unsure what to say. 

"Are you two just hooking up or?" She questioned me curiously but her intense look never once faltered. 

"No, we're actually together." I was starting to feel uncomfortable under her stare so I sat up a bit straighter and tried to mentally prepare myself for what was to come.

"How long?" She finally asked the question I was dreading.

"Leah." I sighed. 

"For how long?" She asked again but more forcefully this time. 

"A couple of weeks." I mumbled, looking down at my lap. 

"I'm happy for you." She smiled but it was a forced one. 

It wasn't hard to see, I have known Leah for a long time now. She could maybe fool others but she couldn't fool me. Her smile that she was wearing didn't reach her eyes, making me feel even worse. 

"Leah I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It's just all new and only the team and her family knows." I tried to defend myself but what I said just made it worse. 

"You've met her family?" She interrupted my rant. The mention of Alexia's family grabbed her attention. We weren't really related but it felt like that for the blonde so to know that I had already met Alexia's family and she didn't even know anything about the relationship, hurt. 

"I did. Look, I wanted to tell you in person" I tried to explain but yet again she cut me off. 

"And when would that be?" She mumbled, a glimmer of hurt in her eyes. 

Moving to Barcelona wasn't easy for us. We were used to spending a lot of time together, we lived together for years. Now that I moved here it was hard finding a balance in our friendship but we made it work.

"I don't know. Leah, I'm" I said, desperately trying to make her understand and tell her it wasn't my intention of hurting her. 

"It's fine. You don't have to tell me everything. I'm happy for you." She shrugged. The look in her eyes, still unreadable.

"Leah." I pleaded but she changed subjects all together, indicating she was done with it. 

"When's your next champions league game?" She asked. 

"In a week." I sighed, giving up on trying to explain myself.

"Good luck then. I have to go. Talk to you later. " She said without leaving much room to say anything else. 

"Oh yeah. Sure. Talk to you later. " and before I was even finished she had hung up the phone. 

With a heavy sign I dropped my phone on the bed. I had guessed that it wasn't going to be easy telling Leah about my relationship but I had hoped it would have gone better than this.  

I laid down on the bed again, staring at the ceiling, pondering over the conversation I had with the English girl. The door opened and feet slowly made their way over to the bed. Alexia crawled on the bed and cuddled up to my side again, snuggling her face in my neck. 

"Are you okay, mi amor?" She mumbled into it, while placing a soft kiss right under my jaw. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed again, wrapping my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. 

"How did it go?" 

"I don't know. She's okay with us dating but I think she's hurt that I didn't tell her." I mumbled, still staring at the ceiling. 

Alexia got up and leaned on her left arm, looking at me. There was this soft look in her eyes, it was a look that made my knees go weak and my heart race.  

"She'll come around. She loves you way too much, not too." She gently kissed me. 

"I hope so." I smiled up at her once she pulled away.

"I know so." She bumped her nose against mine and returned my smile. 

"Mucho t'estemo." I tried to say in my best Spanish. 

Since I met Alexia I have tried to keep up with my Spanish and I've gotten quite good at it. When I'm around her and our friends or at practice I can help myself really well. Interviews or media stuff are still a bit scary. 

"T'estimo molt." She chuckled at my failed attempt to speak Catalan, making me blush. 

"That's what I meant." I sheepishly smiled at her and pulled her in for another kiss. My arms wrapped around her neck while she still used her left arms as support and the other went to my hip. 

"We need to get up if we want to make ourselves breakfast and stop for coffee." She laid down again and rested her head on my chest. 

"Can we stay like this for 10 minutes longer and just grab some breakfast at the facility? I wanna snuggle up to you for a bit longer." I pleaded, barely loud enough for her to hear. 

After the conversation with Leah I craved for the brunette's touch, the comfort only she could bring. 

"Sure."

Now Alexia was laying there cuddled up to me, she let her eyes wander around the room and she finally noticed the boxes in the corner. She tried her best to remember when or why those boxes were there but for the love of God she couldn't. 

Despite her curiosity, she decided to let it slide for now. She would ask me about it later, right now she wanted to enjoy the remaining moments of peace. 

When it was really time to get ready, Alexia noticed something else that was different to the room. The closet that was usually filled with her clothes was now also filled with mine so imagine her surprise. 

"Mi amor, why are your clothes in my closet?" Alexia looked back at me and asked, confused. She didn't mind one bit that my clothes were there, she just couldn't figure out why and when I did that. 

"I moved them." I simply stated. 

"Why?" She completely turned around this time so she was facing me. She still had this confused look in her eyes. 

I sat up in bed and suddenly became very nervous. Maybe moving my stuff from my room to hers wasn't a good idea. Suddenly I was doubting my actions but it was too late for that now. 

"Because I think it's time your room officially becomes our room?" I shyly told her, looking down at my hands. 

"You're serious?" The tone in her voice made me look up at her and I was met with a goofy smile which gave me some more confidence as I stood up.

"Yeah. I like living here with you. And Nala. I don't wanna move out." I justified my action on why I had moved the clothes.

In an instant Alexia had crossed the room so she was standing in front of me. She grabbed my face and crashed her lips on mine. I held on to her hips tk steady myself. The kiss was full of passion, yet it was a sweet kiss that showed a lot of love. 

When Alexia slowly pulled away, her hand remained on my cheeks and she lovingly stared into my eyes. 

"I don't want you to either." She softly spoke with a smile on her lips. 

"So it's official now? We're officially living together?" She asked again but this time with a goofy smile, looking like a ten year old kid who just got their favorite present for Christmas. 

"I guess we do." I laughed at her excitement that she was trying really hard to contain. 

"If you wanna do a victory dance I'm not stopping you." I smirked at the midfielder. 

"No, no I'm good." She beamed but it was getting harder to control the excitement cruising through her body. 

"You're sure?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Nope!" She grabbed my hand and started jumping up and down like a crazy person dragging me with her, dancing and laughing.

We arrived at the training center right at the same time as the girl I needed to talk to did. Before Aitana even had the chance to properly get out of her car I ambushed her without any warning. 

"Dios mio!" The dark haired girl placed her hand above her heart in surprise. "What is wrong with you?" She glared at me. 

"Yeah, yeah, sorry about that. Anyway." I waved her off and started telling her about the appointment I got her while we made our way into the building. 

"Really?" Aitana's eyes sparkled with hope. Hope that she could finally leave that creep of a landlord. 

"Yup, if you want you can have an appointment this afternoon after training." I grinned at the girl. 

"God, that would be amazing. Wait." She suddenly grabbed my arm and halted me to a stop. "Can you come with me? I don't wanna go alone. I mea" 

"Of course. I'll give Ana Maria a call and set up an appointment so we can go together." I gave the girl a smile. 

Vicky and Alexia had just passed us to the cafeteria and I was about to follow them as well so I could grab some breakfast when Aitana stopped me once more. 

"Thank you, really. It means a lot. You're a great friend." She genuinely thanked me, making my heart melt. 

"You're very welcome. Come let's grab some food before Ale eats everything. I'm starving." I smiled and threw my arm around her shoulder, guiding her to the cafeteria. 

Aitana and I got our food and went to the table where Ale, Vicky and Mapi were sitting. The only free seats were next to Mapi and Vicky. 

"Oh Vickster, you saved me a seat." I laughed while I sat down next to our captain.

"No, I didn't." She looked at me unimpressed by the comment nor the nickname I just used. 

"You don't have to pretend. We all know I'm your favorite." I smirked at the captain and leaned into her side.  

Vicky just scoffed at my teasing but when she focused back on her food she couldn't stop the smile from growing on her face which didn't go unnoticed by our friends. 

"Look at that smile! Holy shit, she actually is the favorite. What about me?!" Mapi yelled out in surprise, earning knowing looks from all her friends at the table.

"We really wanna get into that?" Ale raised an eyebrow at her best friend. 

"Yes! I should be a favor" Mapi started to defend herself but before she could she got cut off by Vicky, shutting her up immediately. 

"Madrid." Vicky simply said, making the defender freeze. 

"Yeah no, that's fair. I'm gonna shut up now." Mapi sunk deeper into her chair and sheepishly smiled at Vicky, making me curious about what had happened in Madrid. 

"What happened in Madrid?" I wondered out loud.  

"Nothing." Mapi was fast to answer my question but Ale's smile turned into a smirk, happy she could retell the predicament her best friends got themselves in a couple of years ago. 

"Only that we lost Mapi and Leila for a few hours the day before the game." Ale laughed at the memories, although back then she definitely couldn't. 

"I heard my name. What are we gossiping about?" Leila placed her tray on the table and dropped down in the seat next to me. 

"Madrid and why Mapi is not Vick's favorite." Aitana brought the dark haired woman up to speed.  

"Aah, that was fun." Leila pointed with her spoon at Mapi, before taking a bite from her breakfast. All eyes were now on her. After a few seconds, Leila looked around, noticing everyone staring at her. 

"What? I never claimed I was the favorite." She shrugged and went back to her breakfast.

"What did you guys do?" I asked her because she was clearly unfazed about it all and more likely to spill the beans unlike Mapi. 

"Went out and maybe" Leila started her story.

"Possibly." Mapi interjected. 

"Got" Leila continued but yet again got interrupted by Mapi, earning a small glare from the older woman.

"A bit drunk." Mapi finished the story. 

"A bit?!" Both Vicky and Alexia yelled out at the same time, definitely not agreeing with the details of the story. 

"Nice." I smiled and fist bumped Leila but I was met with disapproving looks from Ale and Vicky, making me regret my choice of words. 

"I mean bad, very bad." I shrunk down in my chair and went back to eating my breakfast.  

"Nice safe." Alexia said from across the table.

"I know Sandra should be worried." I smirked at my girlfriend who snorted at my comeback. 

"You're the worst." She playfully rolled her eyes at me. 

"That's not what you said last night." I shrugged, focussed on my breakfast, a smug look on my face. 

The others had not seen that one coming judging by their shocked faces and Aitana almost choking on her coffee. However Leila was the first one to recover. 

"Ooh." Her and Mapi smirked at Alexia, who's cheeks turned slightly red. 

I was smirking at the blushing girl and the teasing she had to endure from my comment until I saw Amelia walk in the cafeteria. The physio was looking for someone and that someone was me. 

"Hide me." I ducked down, laying on Leila's lap. Without question, she placed her arms on my back, running her fingers through my hair.  

"Why?" Vicky asked confused by my actions. The others mimicking her facial expression.

"Queen! Physio check." Amelia yelled while walking out. Hiding was no use, she had obviously seen me.  

"Do you think she saw me?" I whispered to Leila, still hiding under the table on her lap. The girl looked up to see if she could spot the physio anywhere but before she could Amelia's voice answered my question for us. 

"Now!" 

"Yeah she did." Was all Leila said. 

"Dang it." I said, getting up from her lap. Not gonna lie, I was quite comfortable there but I had no other choice then to get up and follow Amelia to her office. 

"You've not been taking it easy." Was the first thing she said to me when I sat down on the therapy bench, feet dangling off the side. 

She didn't even look at me when I walked in. Her back was facing me while she was preparing some stuff she probably needed for all her appointments throughout the day. 

"I know." I groaned. 

She finally turned around and made her way over to the bench, telling me to properly sit on it with my feet up, so she could take a look. 

"Did you at least ice and tape it?" She started doing some mobility tests, a concentrated look one her face. 

"Yes I did. Elevated it too when I was home." I proudly smiled at her. For a brief moment she looked up to me before focussing back at the ankle.

"Should I talk to Alexia?" She said, raising an eyebrow. 

"You probably shouldn't." I sheepishly laughed at her and scratched the back of my neck. 

"That's what I thought. Look Ellie, you're lucky your body is extraordinary. You've healed well despite not listening. Do me a favor and be careful. There might come a time when that body of yours will refuse to do that." She rested her hand on my ankle and looked up at me with a worried expression sporting her face. 

"I know." I sighed out. "I promise." 

"Good now show me how you taped that ankle." She turned around to grab the tape off the table and handed it to me with a smile on her face. 

"Yes Ellie!" Lluís yelled out when I slotted the ball in the net. 

We were nearing the end of practice and were currently playing a six versus six. My team was winning much to Ale's dismay. 

"Great job Ellie." Vicky patted me on the back as we walked back to take our places. 

"Great assist Vickster.' I winked at my captain who playfully glared at me with a smile on her face. 

Practice ended soon after my goal which was enough to get the win. I grabbed my stuff together with Mapi and Leila and the three of us walked back to the locker rooms. 

"So you and Ale? Are you guys good again?" Mapi carefully asked while taking a sip from her bottle. 

"Yes we are." I assured the worried blonde next to me.  

"So make up sex! Love it! How was it?" Leila immediately started to junp up and down all excited. 

"Amazing. After talking and dinner something was just different. It wasn't just lust and passion. Don't get me wrong there was definitely lust and passion but it was also loving and caring and sweet? I don't know, I probably sound crazy." I tried to explain and to suppress the blush from coming up on my cheeks. 

While Leila was eager to know about the physical make up part, Mapi had a different question in mind that she wanted an answer to. 

"Did you say it?" She softly smiled at me, a curious glint in her eyes. 

"Say what?" Leila looked between the two of us, immediately picking up at the silent conversation I was having with Mapi. 

"I did." I told the blonde with a smile that only grew bigger each second I thought about it.  

"Say what?" Leila asked again but a bit louder this time, growing frustrated and impatient. 

"Did she say it as well?" Mapi asked all excited now which only frustrated Leila more.  

"She did." I hummed. Leila picked up her pace so she could turn around in front of us. 

"What?! She and you said what?!" She yelled out, making us stop and look at her. She was clearly frustrated and almost exploding out of curiosity. 

"That I love her." I enlightened her about what Mapi and I were talking about. The smile that was already on my face turned into a grin. The frustrated look Leila had, slowly turning into a big smile as well. 

"Aaaw. You guys are so cute it makes me sick." Her smile turned into a playful gag, earning a slap from both Mapi and I. The three of us laughed at the small banter and then continued on to the locker rooms. 

"We're really happy for you but are you sure?" Mapi suddenly asked. 

"Sure?" I looked at her all confused, not sure where she was getting at.

"That she's cleared. I can still kick her ass if you want me to." Mapi explained herself, making me laugh but to my surprise both girls looked at me dead serious.

"Oh, you're not kidding." I stopped laughing. Instead I just smiled at them, thankful for friends like them. "It's fine Mapi. Thanks. Both of you, for sticking with me and not leaving."

"Never. You're one of us now. Prepare yourself to lose the title of being everyone's favorite." Leila gently bumped her shoulder against mine. 

"Or I can be your guys 'get out of jail' free card." I wiggled my eyebrows at my two best friends. 

"You see, this is why you're the favorite." Mapi laughed and threw her arm over my shoulders, walking inside. 

Just like we had said, Aitana would pick me up after practice. Because it was fairly warm and the apartment was within walking distance of mine and Alexia's place, we decided to walk there. 

On our way over, while I was in deep conversation with Aitana, some guy bumped into my shoulder quite hard. 

"I'm sorry." He quickly mumbled and without turning around he hurried away. It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to see his face but his voice was enough to send shivers all over my body. 

Upon hearing his voice, I froze. Rooted in my place I looked after the guy with wide eyes. All the color drained from my face when I for some reason was brought back to that one fetal night. 

"Ellie? Ellie!" Aitana shook my arm, trying to get my attention again. 

"Uhm? What?" I tried to focus back on the girl in front of me but my brain was still stuck in the past. 

"Are you okay? It looks like you've seen a ghost." The Spaniard chuckled at her own words but she couldn't help but be a bit worried. The scared look on my face worried her. 

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm fine." I assured the midfielder but I couldn't help but look back in the direction the guy had run off to. Of course by now he was long gone. Could it be? 

"Come on. Let's go or we'll be late." Aitana grabbed my arm again and dragged me along with her. 

Ana Maria was already waiting for us in front of the building. I introduced the two and we got started with the tour right away. 

Aitana immediately fell in love with the apartment, saying that she definitely could see herself living here. To be honest I don't understand why I didn't get the apartment when I came here and why Alexia didn't like it. 

I tried to keep up with the girl's exciting energy when she and Ana Maria talked everything through but I couldn't help but let my mind wander to that guy on the street. The goosebumps it gave me, but it must be a coincidence. 

The slamming of the door is what startled Alexia. She was cleaning up in the kitchen after preparing dinner for the both of us, following the recipe to the tea. 

Nala was the first to greet me, sprinting down the hallway and stopping at my feet. Her tongue out and happily wagging her tail. 

After I hung up my coat, I picked up the furball at my feet and held her close to my chest when I walked further into the apartment. 

"Hey, how did it go?" Ale, cloth and pan still in hand met me halfway and pecked my lips. 

"Good. She took an option. So once everything is handled with the bank she can sign the contract." I placed Nala down and followed the brunette into the kitchen, where Alexia placed the last of the dishes away. 

"That's great." She said excitedly. "Dinners ready." She gestured towards the table.

"I'll be out in a minute. I need to make a quick call first." I walked around the kitchen island and kissed her one more time. Alexia nodded with a smile and with that I walked to our bedroom and dialed the number. 

After a few rings, I started to doubt that she would pick up, doing the math in my head, thinking that maybe I forgot about the time difference. When I was about to give up, the person picked up the phone. 

"Annalise Keating" the woman answered. 

"Annalise, hey. It's Eleanore." I held on my phone a bit tighter when I heard the voice of my lawyer, pacing the floor. 

"Oh hey Eleanore. It's nice hearing from you. How are you?" Annalise politely asks. 

"Good, good. I'm good. You?" I stammered out, failing miserably to sound confident and Annalise definitely picked up on it. 

"I'm good as well but to what do I owe this pleasure? Is there something wrong?" The always composed lawyer asks with a slight worried undertone in her voice. 

"Oh no. Everything's fine. I was just wondering, do you happen to know anything about the whereabouts of Jacob?" I finally came out with it. The question was on my mind since the minute I walked into that guy, making me anxious. 

"Of mister Miller? Not at the moment, I don't. Hold on, let me pull up his file." 

I heard her rummage around, presumably for her laptop. It took her a couple of seconds to start the thing up and look for the right file but those stupid seconds felt like a lifetime, making me almost explode. 

"He's here in London. He had a check in with his parole officer this morning." Relief, that's what I felt when I heard her say those words. I stopped in front of my bed and let me plop down on it. 

"Thank God." I mumbled out, finally able to breathe. "Uhm that's great. Thanks." I thank her for her work but Annalise wasn't done. 

"Eleanore, what's this really about?" She asked, picking up on the tension. 

"Nothing, I'm just a bit jumpy I guess and I needed to ease my mind." I wasn't lying. I was jumpy and it did ease my mind but I had a slight feeling Annalise didn't believe that. 

"You don't have to worry about him. He's not gonna hurt you anymore. One more mistake and he'll be locked up for a long time." She reassured me again. 

"Thanks Anelise." I thanked the lawyer again, sitting up. 

"You're very welcome. If there's anything, call okay? Don't hesitate." She told me like a mom would tell her child. 

"I won't." I chuckled and got up from the bed to walk to the door again. 

"Oh and congrats on the world cup by the way."

"Thanks." And with that we hung up. 

I stared at my phone for a good while while my other hand was on the door knob. Maybe it was all just in my head. I mean it must be because Annalise just told me he was in London. Maybe the guy that ran into me was just a random guy. 

But I couldn't shake the horrible feeling that had formed in the pit of my stomach. It brought goosebumps to my arms. Something felt off and I didn't know what. 

Five more seconds, that was all I gave myself to panic, after that I decided to bury it to the back of my mind. Jacob was still in London so it couldn't be him. It was probably my mind playing tricks on me. 

Everything will be fine. It always works out. 

Right? 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

9.9K 184 32
When 13 year old Scarlette Adelina bronze lawson finds out the truth what happens to her stable life living with her grandparents? The way her dad di...
553K 18.8K 75
**TWICE FEATURED ON THE WATTPAD EDITORS CHOICE LIST** **Romance Category WINNER-Community Hub Awards** Have you ever felt your heart beat so fast, th...
15.6K 237 16
"This article would be huge, but I couldn't do that to her.. Could I?" Evelyn Sayers was just a plain journalist. Well, plain in her mind. She couldn...
376K 9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...