Part 127

A/N: Happy monday guys! Enjoy! 

The days leading up to the game remained the same as the previous ones. Although the air between Alexia and I was less tense, the issues were still unsolved. We were more friendly now but we couldn't help the snarky comments from time to time.

Today was game day and my mood was fastly deteriorating. I tried to make my peace with not playing but I felt good, I felt fine so not being able to help the team was hard to accept.

Usually Alexia and I would drive down to the stadium together but this time it was different. This time we would go down there separately. There was no use in me being there so early so I decided to go on my own but Mariona thought differently.

The older forward had picked up a small injury during training and wasn't playing either, so she offered to drive the both of us to the game. There was not a lot of room to decline her offer. Mariona could be quite convincing and it would be nicer to not watch the game alone.

We arrived shortly before the girls would go out on the field to do an inspection and right as we passed them on our way to the locker room, Mapi stopped me.

"Hey, where are you going? The field is that way." Mapi looked confused and pointed behind her, towards the tunnel.

"Not today Mapi." I smiled sadly at her and followed behind Mariona.

Mapi was left behind, a disappointing look on her face. Sad that I wouldn't join her for our ritual that we shared together but I wasn't in the mood.

Together with Mariona, I went to take my seat that was reserved just for the team if they ever were to be injured. Immediately upon seeing them, I hated these seats, hoping that this would be the first and last time that I would sit here.

Mariona sat down in the seat next to me and gave me an all knowing look. I refused to look at her because I knew what she was thinking and instead focussed on the field in front of me.

"The season's long, Ellie. Take the rest." She patted my knee and just like me, focused back on our teammates.

I sighed out, taking in what she had said. She was right and I knew it. This just reminded me of my last injury, to a much darker time, where I wasn't in control over anything in my life.

"I know." I breathed out and a small smile formed on the forward's lips.

The game itself was an easy one for the team. From start till finish the girls dominated the game, resulting in a five, zero win. After the final whistle blew, Mariona and I got brought down to the field so we could greet the fans as well.

"Allright, first rounds on me tonight" Melanie clapped her hands together after we applauded the fans and turned towards the team, causing most of the girls to cheer.

"And you are coming as well." Mapi threw her arm around me, making me jump a little.

"And what makes you think that?" I glanced at the defender, who pulled me more into her as the seconds passed by.

"Because I'm leaving you no choice. I'm forcing you to come." She simply said with a big smile on her face.

The smile soon vanished when I took too long to answer her. The defender already feared the worst. Of course she had picked up on my foul mood the last couple of days and she and Leila have done their absolute best to cheer me up.

"Oh come on, Ellie! You have to come. You've been in a bad mood since your injury. We barely hung out. I miss you." Mapi whined like a child which only made my amusement grow.