Part 49

Our vacation had sadly come to an end. I'm back in London, packing up the last things I needed to ship to Barcelona. It was a lot harder than I had imagined. A chapter came to an end. Time to start a new one.

But before I could do that, Leah and I had somewhere to be first. A few weeks ago we decided that before I would leave, we would get matching tattoos. So here we are on our way to the tattoo parlor.

"You're still sure you wanna do this?" The older girl looked over at me while we're waiting at a traffic light. Leah is driving for a change which is rare because I don't like to be a passenger.

"Yeah, you're not?" I started to worry that maybe she didn't want the tattoo anymore and I had pressured her into the idea.

"Of course I do. I just wanted to make sure that you had thought this through. There is no coming back from this."

"I'm with you." I simply stated.

"Till the end of the line." She added.

"Always." We said together.

This sentence became our thing from the moment we met. We have never stopped using it since. At times when we both needed comfort or just a small reminder that the other one would have your back, the sentence was used so it is only fitting that our matching tattoo had something to do with that.

"Welcome ladies." The tattoo artist welcomed us as we walked into the shop. "I'm Lukas. It's so cool to meet you guys."

He shook our hand and guided us to the seating area where there were drawings scattered around the table.

"So I've finished the design on the tattoo you both wanted. It's a very simple yet elegant tattoo." He looked for the drawing on his tablet and showed it to us once he had found it.

On the tablet were the word 'always' elegantly written, one with my handwriting and one in Leah's. Below the word were two very small hearts which one of them was colored in. Leah would take the left heart and I would take the right.

"What do you guys think?" Lukas asked the both of us?

Leah and I shared a look with one other and we both knew we were in love with the tattoo.

"We love it." Leah said and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright shall we get started then?"

A little while later I was sitting in the chair waiting on Lukas to finish placing the bandage on Leah's tattoo.

"You ready?" He sat down next to me, wiping the area clean where I wanted the tattoo. The tattoo would be placed on the inside of my lower arm right under my elbow.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous."

"Don't be. It'll be fine. Just look at me if it's too scary." I looked at the man who was about to mark me for the rest of my life. "And who knows, maybe you want another one after this."

"I kind of do." I replied, still looking at him.

"Do you already know what?" He didn't look up from the task he was doing. By now he had placed the sticker with the drawing on my arm transferring it to my skin.

"The number 5 and small star."

"Do you want to tell me why? I mean the number 5 is not your football number is it? So why that number and why the star?" He started the pen or whatever it is called and started on the tattoo itself.

"5 was Cory's lucky number and the star is for Stacy. I thought it was a nice reminder of the people who meant a great deal to me." I stared ahead, thinking about the two.