Part 11

The next couple of weeks were tough. On a soccer level I was thriving. I was creating chance after chance, making me the player with the most assists on the team and even in the league. I scored my fair share of goals too. But most importantly, as a team we played maturely and collectively, which resulted in third place in the ranking and a chance for battling for that second place with City.

On a personal level though, I was spiraling down. Since that night after our Chelsea game, the situation with Jacob took a turn for the worse. So I decided to do what I do best. Shutting down, pushing people away and building walls, and that's what I did. I closed myself off from my friends and spent more time at Jacob's, because well, he forced me to and secondly, it was emotionally draining to keep up appearances so hiding was easier.

It was getting harder and harder to lie to them and I also knew that they didn't believe any of my lies anymore. I can't deny that I was doing a good job at it either. To be honest I was at a breaking point and I didn't know how much more I could take.

On a happy note, It was a national break and I was on my way to LA to spend some time with my family. Afterwards I would go to camp which luckily for me was also in LA for the She Believes Cup where we would face Germany, France and again England.

"Ellie!" Before I could even register what was happening, I was tackled by someone, that someone being my crazy ass sister. "I missed you so much."

"I guess I missed you too." I said, making her glare at me. "Of course you missed me little bean." She smirked at me, fully knowing I hated that nickname.

"Okay, I'll take it back. I haven't missed you at all, Penelope May." Now it was my turn to glare at my older sister.

"Hey, no need to use the full name. Mom is doing that enough already."

"Wonder why."

"Now let's go, mom and dad are anxious to see you and momma Press wants you over for lunch. It's been way too long since she's seen her favorite daughter. Her words not mine. Ooh and she also told me to tell you not to tell the Press trio." She rambled on while I was following her out of the airport.

Honestly I was glad to be home again. As much as I love London, which has become my home away from home, there is no place like home. Even though my family can be a bit annoying, I've missed them tremendously. Matthew, I see regularly because he plays for City but my parents and other two siblings not so much.

Penelope is 26 and the oldest of the Queen siblings. Growing up she used to play soccer as well but for her it remained a hobby, while she was more into writing and reading. Now she is a screenwriter in the TV business. The twins, Matthew and Thomas are 23 and both soccer players. Just like me they play for the national team. Matt plays for Man City, while Tom plays for Atletico Madrid.

Upon arriving home, when we made our way inside, Penelope did not help me with my bags whatsoever.

"Jeez, thank you for helping me with my bags." I mumbled at my sister while I was dragging my bags behind me. Okay, maybe it was slightly my fault and I may or may not have packed a little too much.

"You're the athlete here so consider it core stability. You're welcome. A shout out when you win the world cup next year would be appreciated. Mom! Dad! Your favorite child has returned!"

"Ellie is here?!" My mom asked, rushing over pulling me in a hug.

"Yeah, not what I meant." My sister said glaring at mom and I.

"Ooh get over yourself Penny. I haven't seen El for over 2 months. I see your annoying ass everyday."

"Rude!"