Part 1

"SONNET!!" I yelled when I was rudely awoken by cold water in my face. "You're a dead man!"

I heard the blonde dying of laughter. "First off, I'm a girl and hey, you wouldn't wake up so I took matters into my own hands." She smirked at me.

"Ooh you better run, blondie." I glared at her, slowly getting up.

Sonnet started to back up, putting her hands in the air in defense. " Now, now Queenie, it was just a prank. No need to get violent here."

I jumped on her and tackled her to the floor. The moment I pinned her down, the blonde started to defend herself. She tried to wiggle out of my grip with no success, she should know by now that I'm the stronger one in this friendship.

You see, this isn't the first time that Sonnet had pranked me, or visa versa. Sonnet and I instantly became best friends the moment we met. So over these two years of crazy friendship, there have been a lot of pranks and this wasn't a new situation.

Before I could even say anything, the door bust open. "How's everyone's favourite baby doing? Ready for training?" In walked a very hyper Kelly O'Hara and Alex Morgan.

And there we go with the baby nickname. I was only 17 when I got my first call up. So since day one I was the baby of the team and that never changed, hence the baby nickname.

It can get annoying but it definitely has its perks too. Like, that I'm apparently everybody's favourite, so I can get away with almost anything. Downside is that they can get really protective. Then again, that's not really a downside. It can get annoying real fast, but secretly I love it. It gives me the feeling that I'm loved. 

"Okay one, I'm 19 Kell, I'm not really a baby anymore." I looked at the other defender. "And two, do you see that bucket over there? The one that Sonnet used to wake me up..." I glared at the squirming girl underneath me.

Kelley scanned the room and went to grab the bucket. "Uhm yes, what about it?" She asked, looking at me.

"Can you fill it with cold water please? Thank you." I said in a sweet voice. Sonnets eyes widened when she heard the words 'cold' and 'water'.

Alex just looked at us amusingly from a safe distance, not trying to get involved in this little friendly war that was happening.

After a short while, Kelley came back with the bucket. "Any last words Sonnet?" I said looking down at her.

"You wouldn't." She narrowed her eyes, challenging me to do it. Wrong move Sonnet, wrong move. Just like Alex could read my mind, she started laughing. "Ooh dear sweet Sonnet. That was the wrong thing to say. I thought after all this time, you knew your best friend better than that", Alex said.

Right at that moment I gave Kelley the signal to throw the water on the both of us. Sonnet squealed in surprise while I just laughed my ass off. Serves her right for waking me up like that.

My other two teammates just stood there laughing. "Okay you two. Playtime is over. Get ready. Breakfast is in ten so get your buts moving." Alex told us, still laughing. Both her and Kelley were about to walk out the room, when Alex turned around.

"Don't be late. Remember the last time you guys were late, you had to run for an extra 30 minutes." Alex laughed at us but with a hint of seriousness in her eyes.

Both Sonnet and I looked at each other in fear. We scrambled to our feet and started to get ready. Last time we were late, Dawn made us do extra drills and run laps for 30 minutes. I don't really mind the extra training though. I do it most of the time anyway. Mostly with Carli. It used to be Hope too. God I miss her.