Part 16

AN: The italic part are the flashbacks.

A car horn, all I could hear was that annoying car horn. It's so loud, please make it stop. I feel like my head is about to explode. Where was the sound even coming from? I don't even know where I am.

"You stupid bitch!" He took me by my throat and pinned me against the wall.

Wait, where am I? Why can't I move? I need to open my eyes.

"We're done, when I say we're done!" He punched me in my stomach. Again and again and again. "This time you'll regret what you did. You're mine!"

I needed to open my eyes, but I failed to do so. On a brighter note I'm starting to become more aware of my surroundings. Ugh, what's up with the car horn?!

"You're a useless little bitch!" He said, this time hitting me wherever he could, not caring anymore that people will see.

I smelled fuel and smoke. God, where the hell am I? I tried to move this time. Huge mistake. Pain shot through my whole body. It was a blinding pain, which was quite ironic seeing I can't even open my damn eyes.

"You're not leaving! You will never leave! From now on you will do as I fucking say!" He threw me to the floor and started kicking me. At this moment I could barely breathe.

I let out a groan. The pain was becoming too much to handle. Suddenly I heard a car door open. "Shit! Miss, can you hear me?" I felt someone shaking me, which made the pain even worse. Please stop! The person who shook me, set me upright, finally making the sound of the car horn stop.

"Shit! Jacob, you went too far this time! Look at her, you can't even recognize her."

"What do I do now?! Shit shit shit! She's still alive right?"

"Yeah, but barely. Do you still have those drugs here?"

"Hang on dear, help is on the way." Yes! Help. I can do with some help. I need to remember what happened. I need to think. Ugh but it hurts to think. Jacob, last I was with Jacob. We broke up, he got mad. Something with drugs.

When I was trying to piece together what had happened, another jolt of pain shot through my body, making me groan out in pain.

"Miss, please try to stay calm. Can you open your eyes?"

Try to stay calm? Try to stay calm?! Seriously?! How about we switch places and see if you could stay calm?!

"Yes, they're in the bathroom."

"Go get them and some of that cheap vodka. Go!"

"Mix the pills with the alcohol. Make her drink it."

"Stop spitting it out!"

"Just hit her again."

I hear sirens. They're coming closer. "They're here, okay? Hold on a little bit longer." A voice tried to sooth me, but it wasn't working. It was getting harder and harder to focus. I felt so tired, maybe not being able to open my eyes wasn't such a bad thing.

"Just put her behind the wheel. She'll probably crash anyway and blame it on the alcohol and pills."

"Ma'am, can you hear us?"

Yes, yes I can hear you! I just can't talk or open my eyes. Please, please make it all stop. I was pleading, but to who? I can't talk, I can't open my eyes, hell I don't even know if I can move. I was desperate at this point because I felt myself getting weaker.

"Ma'am, if you can hear us, just squeeze my hand."

Okay, I can do that. I think I can do that.

"Good. Very good. Don't worry. We're gonna get you out, Allright. Hang in just a little bit longer."

Blur, everything is a blur. I can't seem to focus. My head is pounding like never before. I was covered in blood, my blood. My body ached. I think I'm in a car. I need to get home. I need Leah.

Focus, Queen. You need to focus. Just a little bit longer. Suddenly a bright light hit my face. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the brightness just in time to see a car speeding up towards me.

I'm moving. I feel like I'm moving.

"She's out. Get the gurney. Come on guys. Hurry up!"

Yeah, come on and hurry the fuck up! I'm moving again. I hear car doors close. Wait, what? Not another car?

A car horn snaps me out of my thoughts. In a split second I reacted. It was what? A couple of seconds? Nothing more, it felt like not even a second and at the same time it felt like hours. The car spun and what more until it just stopped against a tree. A car horn was all I heard until I didn't hear anything anymore.

"She's crashing!"

No one's pov:

Among the noise from all the doctors rushing to get Eleanore to the hospital, the only sound that really stood out was the constant beep the heart monitor made. For a doctor it was the worst sound in the world. For loved ones, it was a nightmare.

For Eleanore's family, it wasn't a nightmare just yet, simply because nobody knew. None of her friends or family knew about the situation the young girl was in and the ones that did, were promised that she wouldn't go alone. So right now, there were no people crying or anxiously waiting in a small room for news that could either make or break their day. There was no one stalking doctors for answers and there was no one to rush to the closing doors that would stop them from seeing her.

Right now her friends were at home watching a movie, sharing a laugh like Leah, Beth and Daan. They were waking up from a good night's sleep to start their day like her family and friends who were in the States. They were continuing their day to day lives like usual while she was fighting for her life, all alone.

She was alone because no one knew and how could they? Eleanore was always good at hiding how she felt but over the last year she became a master at it. On the outside she was this bright and happy kid, on the inside she was fading away but in the end that's still what she was, just a kid easily forgotten by the way how she handled life.

During the ride to the hospital, she crashed twice but each time the doctors were able to bring her back. They knew they had to hurry though because the next time that her heart would stop, they may not be that lucky anymore.

"Unidentified female, approximately early twenties, victim of a car crash. Multiple trauma to the head and upper body. A penetrating wound to the abdominal. Page the general surgeon on call now!" The EMT's yelled when they burst through the door. The doctors who were running the ER were about to call the general surgeon on call when doctor Grey walked in and recognized the younger girl.

"What happened to her?" She came rushing in when the doctors moved her to a separate room to prepare her for her emergency surgery.

"Doctor Grey, step outside please. The on-call surgeon is paged and will be here shortly." One of the doctors told the blonde woman.

"Like hell he will, I will be the leading surgeon on this. Get her ready as soon as possible and call doctor Shepherd while you're at it. We'll need her." Doctor Grey ordered while making her way to the OR.

"Grey, do you know this girl? Because if you do, do you really think that it is the best idea that you're the leading surgeon?'

"Yes, I do because I'm one of the best doctors this hospital has and I'm not leaving that girl again!" With that she turned on her heel and resumed her way towards the OR where Eleanore was already getting prepped.

When she walked in, a nurse was about to walk out before doctor Grey stopped her.

"I need you to do something for me. Her name is Eleanore Queen. Call her family. She's gonna need it." And with that she got herself ready to start a long and grooming surgery.