Part 64

I was sitting on the kitchen table, laptop in front of me, a coffee by my side. It was only six in the morning and I was already awake for quite some time, thanks to yet another nightmare.

Nala was laying at my feet. Ever since I moved in, the furry pet would be my early morning companion. She would start her night with Ale but she seemed to sense my nightmares because before they could go too far the smaller dog would wake me up one way or another.

I felt arms sneak around my shoulders from behind. I leaned into the embrace from the brunette. She was resting her head on top of mine.

"Buenos días Bonita," she kissed the top of my head.

"Good morning." I blushed at the gesture of the beautiful Spaniard.

"Sleep well?" She curiously asked. It seemed like she already knew the answer and it wouldn't surprise me either. That girl could read me like a book, much to my frustration.

"Yeah yo-"

"Liar." She whispered in my ear and tightened her grip on me.

"Am not." I tried to look at her more. 

"Yes you are. That cute little crinkle gives you away when you lie." She kissed me right where the crinkle would show. I remained silent, a blush present on my face, focussing back on the emails I was sending out.

"Nervous?" She mumbled when she pressed her lips against my hair again.

"A bit." I breathed out, not really sure how I felt about my debut.

Arsenal was all I had known and for a while I believed it would have been the only club I'd play for. Now here I am, a new team, in a new city, in a new country.

The playing style suited me, maybe even more than the one over at Arsenal but it was still all new and I hadn't really played a game yet.

"You don't have to be. It's just a friendly. Everything will be fine."

"Mhh. How about you?" I looked up a bit. Alexia was clearly confused.

"What about me?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"How are you feeling? You've been very busy the last week."

She stayed quiet for a while, clearly thinking how much she wanted me to know. It's not that she didn't want me to know the extent of her frustrations that were slowly building, it's just that she didn't want to trouble me with it.

"Tiring." She breathed out. "I know that it is important for the growth of our sport but I wish I could catch a break. It's affecting my play." She sighed out.

"Maybe you should ask for a break." I shrugged my shoulders the best I could considering she had her arms still around them. She lightly scoffed.

"After the game we just have training for one and a half weeks and then we leave for training camp." I pressed the matter a bit.

"Lluís is never gonna go for it." She deflated.

"You'll never know if you never ask. Hey by the way  can you come check out some apartments with me? You know the area better than I do and you speak the language."

"Apartment?" She questioned me in surprise. She stood up a bit straighter.

"Yeah for me to live in." I kept reading the email for the real estate agent I was about to send out.

"But you live here?"

"At the moment but I can't keep bothering you." I said without paying much attention to the girl so I totally missed her sad expression when I had said what I said. Truth was Alexia didn't want me to leave but obviously I didn't know that.