Part 126

A/N: Hope everyone had a good start of the week. If no one has told you, you're awsome and you're killing it ;) 

The week went by incredibly slowly. Since our recovery training on Monday, I wasn't allowed to train with the group anymore. Instead I had therapy sessions with Amelia to get my knee back in shape as fast as possible.

Lluís had already told me that I wouldn't play on Sunday. I wouldn't even be on the roster to insure enough rest for my knee. Next week I would slowly start to train with the group again and maybe then I could play.

The tension between Alexia and I was still present. We weren't really fighting anymore but small jabs at each other were still made.

It was a Thursday and I had just finished one of the sessions with Amelia. The physio was happy with my progress and I didn't like to admit it but the pain was finally disappearing, only flaring up with curtain movements.

When I was walking back to the locker rooms to get changed, I walked into the president Juan Laporte and some staff members, discussing a small crossover between teams.

"I would like someone from the senior team to make an appearance at a U15 training today. Is that possible?" Mister Laporte looked at the staff members with a friendly smile on his face.

In the short time I've been at the club, I've come to know the president as a nice man and like Alexia described him, one of us. He was genuinely invested in the women's side of his club which was a nice change.

"Today is a bit difficult. They're doing tactical training for the game on Sunday. How about tomorrow?" The staff member politely answered but the disappointment in the president's eyes was evident.

"I can go." I stepped up to the two. While the staff member looked very confused, Juan was ecstatic, the biggest grin instantly broke out on his face.

"Perfect!" He clapped my back and pointed at me while he looked at the staff member. "Is it okay if Ellie joins training with the U15?"

"Yes. I don't see why not but she's injured." He smiled at Juan first before directing the last part of the sentence at me with a stern look.

The president took a minute to think it over. He really liked the idea of me joining the U15 but he didn't want to risk his rising star to injure herself even more.

"My recovery is going well, besides I just have to show up and help if necessary, right?" I immediately intervened before Juan had any time to change his mind.

The smile that had slightly faltered, was now back on full display. He had made up his mind and was looking at the staff member like if he really had a choice in this.

"Fine." The staff member groaned and threw his head back slightly.

"Yes!" Both Juan and I cheered.

"But Ellie, I swear be careful." The staff member looked at me sternly and I nodded my head at him with the most innocent smile I could muster.

The staff member shook his head with a smile and walked off. While Juan stayed behind with me.

"Are you ready?" Juan looked at me with a grin and gestured to the door that would lead to the field.

"Lead the way." I put on a smile that matched his.

Juan did as I asked and led the way to the pitch where young boys, presumably no older than fifteen were training at. Once we arrived, Juan was instantly met by a friendly looking man.