Part 89

Come on Bonita, we're gonna be late!" Alexia yelled from down the hall. She was putting on a pair of her Nike sneakers while waiting for me.

Today was the day. The day I would finally meet Alexia's mom and to say I was terrified was an understatement. I was second guessing everything I was doing while trying to stay as calm as possible. Even dressing myself proved to be an insane task.

"You're sure this is okay? I feel underdressed." I walked out of the bedroom I had been sharing with the Spaniard.

Alexia turned around, her car keys in hand patiently waiting. When I came into her view, she looked me up and down, biting her lip.

"You do know we're going to my moms right? Not a gala." She grabbed my hips the moment I was within reach and pulled me towards her.

"I know but I feel underdressed." I groaned, throwing my head back a bit. My hands were placed on her shoulders.

"Don't worry. You look beautiful. As always." She pulled me even closer and kissed me under my jaw. The small gesture sent shivers down my spine and made me close my eyes.

"You're sure?" I asked, still unsure about my wardrobe choice, a simple jeans, a cropped t-shirt and a jacket.

"Yes, very sure. In fact I think you look hot in those jeans and if we don't leave now, I'm gonna take you back to our room and we'll just stay there." She pushed her hips more into mine and kissed my neck.

"Tempting. Very tempting but I'm not gonna let your mom wait because you want to have sex." I chuckled but let my arms slip around her neck to keep her lips on mine for just a second longer.

"Worth a shot." She smirked when she pulled away and kissed me again. It was a short sweet kiss but it did calm me down enough.

"Let's go." I hummed against her lips and lovingly bumped my nose into hers.

"Got the bag?" I let go of the Spaniard and looked around for the overnight bag we would take with us.

"Yes, ready to go." She grabbed the bag behind her and showed it to me. She put on her jacket and opened the door for me while I grabbed Nala.

"Here we go." I breathed out, holding Nala close to my chest, trying to find as much comfort in the small creature as I could.

The car ride itself was relaxing minus the anxiety about meeting Eli. Soft music was playing that made me sing along from time to time. Nala was nestled on my lap and Alexia's hand rested on my thigh.

"Here we are." Alexia stated when she pulled up in front of her childhood home.

"Yes we are." I mumbled, staring out the window at the house. There was no way back now.

Alexia seemed to notice something was off. Her hand remained on my thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze to get my attention.

"You're okay?" She looked me in the eye in search of an honest answer.

"Yup. Fine. Peachy." I lied, giving her a tight lipped smile. I hoped that she would let it go but those thoughts were soon gone. Of course she wouldn't leave it at that.

"I know you're lying." She tried again with a small smile on her lips but this time there was a slight worried expression as well.

"I promise I'm fine. I'll be fine." I tried my best to send a convincing smile her way but no matter how hard I tried, the smile didn't reach my eyes.

"My English may not be the best but 'I am' and 'I will', are two very different things." She chuckled lightly.

"I promise." I leaned in and gently placed my lips on hers, pulling her in for a soft kiss but again that didn't settle Ale's worrying thoughts.

"You're scared." She narrowed her eyes at me when she pulled away. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes for a brief second.