Part 82

A/N: Happy belated international LA Reina day 😊 I wanted to upload yesterday but got kind of busy so here it is. Who knows maybe another chapter will come along somewhere during the evening 😏

I walked off the field towards the locker rooms. When I was in the tunnel and not visible anymore to the fans, someone grabbed my hand. It was Alexia who had held me back. 

She looked around, checking if the coast was clear when she placed her soft lips on mine for a short but sweet kiss. One hand remained on my wrist while the other cupped my cheek. 

"And you were nervous?" She mumbled against my lips with a smile. Her hands, now in mine.  

"I was." I hummed, bumping my nose with hers. The small interaction brought a smile to her face. 

"It wasn't necessary."  She told me softly, looking at me with a lot of love in her eyes. We started walking to the locker room. 

"I didn't know that forty five minutes ago." I chuckled. 

"I knew. I had faith in you." She bumped her shoulder into mine. 

"Yes you did. Thank you." I thanked the spaniard with a smile on my face. 

"I always will." She said. I stopped us so I could face her and pulled her in for an other kiss. 

"Mmh, cute." I smiled against her lips.  

Alexia and I finally arrived in the locker rooms. The others were already seated and Lluís was ready to start his half time talk. 

A while later the second half restarted and it didn't go as well as we started the first half. Ten minutes in and Tacon pulled one back but we didn't let that faze us. 

Aitana received the ball from Marta and passed it straight to me. I turned around and immediately played Alexia who in her turn swiftly passed her defender. She dribbled her way up field more and came face to face with some defenders.

Spotting the small space between two defenders, I decided to take my chances. Aitana must have seen it because she instantly took a step back and took my place, a sign for me to continue my run. 

Alexia chipped the ball over the defense, right in my path. I controlled the ball and ran as fast as I could towards the goal. The goalie didn't have a choice but to come out her goal a bit. This gave me the perfect opportunity to chip the ball over her. 

Before I had time to register the fact I just scored, Alexia jumped into my arms with the whole team following. I surprisingly managed to stay on my feet and not down under a pile of bodies. 

I was left with Patri, Aitana and Alexia. We pulled each other in a giant group hug, congratulating each other about the way we were playing. We were handling our new task exquisitely, if I do say so myself. After our small celebration together we took back our places and resumed the game. 

Couple of minutes later, Alexia was roughly tackled by the Tacon captain Ortiz. In a failed attempt to steal the ball away from our captain Ortiz timed her tackle completely wrong and Alexia's ankle took the full hit. 

Immediately I made my way to the other side of the field to give the opposing captain a piece of my mind but it was Marta who held me back.

"Marta I swear let me go." I growled, shoving and pulling to get free out of her hold so I could reach Ortiz. 

"Qeeunie, you need to be smart about this. Let it go and go check on Ale. She needs you more." She calmly told me in an attempt to calm me down which successfully worked.