History repeats itself (a Gen...

By Glowing_Hope

"Little girl, lost in my woods. Come here, i will guide you out." . . . "I will pass on my curse onto you! Yo... More

Author's note
01_01
Prologue - the outlander and the mysterious girl
Chapter 1 - a fateful encounter
Chapter 2 - a wind-carried fight
01_02
Chapter 3 - the temples of the four winds
Chapter 4 - the bard clad in green
Chapter 5 - the first to know the truth
01_03
Chapter 6 - the curses and blessings brought by eternal rebirth
Chapter 7 - the holy lyre and the crystalline tears
Chapter 8 - Stormterror, the corrupted dragon of the east
02_01
Chapter 9 - Stormterror's lair
Chapter 10 - the 8th of the eleven Fatui Harbingers
Chapter 11 - the gnosis of the anemo archon
02_02
Chaper 12 - time for some alchemic experimentation!
Chapter 13 - delving into the past
Chapter 14 - the trip to Liyue
02_03
Chapter 15 - welcome to Liyue Harbour!
Chapter 16 - The rite of descension, the start of a "play"
Chapter 17 - Illuminated Adepti, hear our message
03_01
Chapter 18 - Wanshang, the "mysterious" organisation
Chapter 19 - Nuctilucous jade and the finest silk flowers for the geo lord
Chapter 20 - perfume for the god of contracts
03_02
Chapter 21 - of kites and manpower
Chapter 22 - cocogoat!
Chapter 23 - a dinner and an invitation
03_03
Chapter 24 - the palace in the skies, the Jade Chamber
Chapter 25 - a lullaby of old for a glaze lily
Chapter 26 - the golden house
03_04
Chapter 27 - Osail, Overlord of the Vortex
Chapter 28 - the closing act of the "play"
Chapter 29 - the rite of parting
03_05
Chaoter 30 - parting ways for a while and tea with an old friend
Chapter 31 - some catching up between mother and daughter
Chapter 32 - reminiscing the past
04_01
Chapter 33 - a new threat?
Chapter 34 - the first mora?
Chapter 35 - the assassination of the god of salt
04_02
Chapter 36 - Guyun stone forest
Chapter 37 - Sal Terrae
Chapter 38 - breaking the seal
04_03
Chapter 39 - the domain of the god of salt
Chapter 40 - Fatui scum
Chapter 41 - the tradgedy of the god of salt
05_01
Chapter 42 - of Salt and Betrayal
Chapter 44 - a day with the small ginger child
05_02
Chapter 45 - a day of a traveller in the adventurers guild
Chapter 46 - the... charmer?
Chapter 47 - rebuilding of the Jade Chamber
05_03
Chapter 48 - Adeptus Desciple
Chapter 49 - Plaustrite
Chapter 50 - task one: complete
06_01
Chapter 51 - collaboration
Chapter 52 - Ore hunting
Chapter 53 - Wonder Cores and Adepti Sigils
06_02
Chapter 54 - Completion of the Jade Chamber
Chapter 55 - Wife of the Overload of the Vortex, Beisht
Chapter 56 - the settled silence after the storm
06_03
Chapter 57 - Treasurehoaders against the Abyss
Chapter 58 - the odd statue in the ruins
Chapter 59 - old companion
07_01
Chapter 60 - What is the Abyss searching for?
Chapter 61 - Secrets
Chapter 62 - the Ruin Guards origin
07_02

Chapter 43 - ginger brothers

111 4 0
By Glowing_Hope

~•~•~

The duo arrives at Guyun stone forest and walk around in silence for a while. They enjoy the scenery and look out onto the wide ocean. Then, Lyra speaks up.

"This is the place many gods of old have been sealed away. The time of the gods is over, as we have already established. So... tell me, why is it you brought the salt chalice and ruler with you?", she asks.

"As you said, the time of gods is long over, and Havria's time had been even further in the past. As such the salt chalice and ruler should not return to Liyue.", Zhongli explains.

"So... what are you going to do?", Lyra inquires.

"I... have been thinking. History changes over time and time cannot preserve that which happened in the past. But you... you didn't only live through said history yourself, but you also remember it, each and every single detail of it. Perhaps you could also share it to your travelling companion of yours. Aether seems like he would be able to remember such things with ease.", Zhongli tells her.

"I... I see. Well, I had already thought of keeping up the truth of history myself anyway, so you needn't worry about that. But, what about the salt chalice and ruler?"

"we are going to consign both the salt chalice and ruler to the sea. History is what it is, history, stories of the past. And all stories come to an end eventually. The same goes for each and everyone of us. So, be with me as we close the story of Havria once and for all."

The two of them start going up one of the tall stone structures of Guyun stone forest. Lyra sits down onto the stone while Zhongli stays upright, looking over the sea where the fight against Osail had once been.

"Thousands of years ago, the adepti and I fought against the turmoil that plagued every corner of this land. Guyun stone forest, where I sealed many gods with my spears...", Zhongli starts to monologue.

"After so long, naught but folktales remain. Osail... you and I were foes... but our ancient grudge is but a bygone memory now. May that which Havria has left behind be yours to subsume. Thus another spark of divinity departs from Liyue. My legacy shall now be left for those who come after to debate."

Zhongli uses his powers to throw the relics of the god of salt into the ocean depths.

"May the gods of the past be remembered within tales of old and in the memory of those in the know.", Lyra clasps her hands together, praying to the stars above.

Zhongli sits down beside Lyra and they continue to enjoy the sight of the sea in front of them.

~•~•~

A new day starts and Lyra can be seen walking through the streets of Liyue harbour, stopping at times to look at the shops and their wares.

Suddenly, something small runs into her legs. Looking down, her eyes fall upon a little ginger boy who had fallen to the ground due to the impact. Immediately, Lyra kneels down, helping the child up.

"Are you alright, little one?", she asks, concerned.

"Yeah... sorry, I should've looked where I was going.", the ginger apologises.

"What were you doing, little one?", Lyra asks.

"I was looking for my big brother, Ajax!", the ginger tells her happily.

"Oh? And what is your name?"

"my name is Teucer! What is yours, miss?"

"my name is Lyra. I am an adventurer from Fontaine."

"really? I came here to visit my brother all the way from Shneznaya! He is a toy seller here!"

Lyra pauses. She wasn't aware of any Shneznayan toy sellers here in Liyue, however she did know a certain Shneznayan ginger who would fit the bill. Now that she looked closer at Teucer, she notices similarities between him and that ginger.

'Ah, right... the harbingers go by code names and fake names. Tartaglia should be his fake name as he said his code name is Childe. So his real name is Ajax... interesting.'

Lyra shakes her head to get out of her thoughts. Right now, she had a child to worry about.

"Hm... I believe I know who you are talking about. He usually is at Northland bank when he is here. Come, I will take you there.", Lyra offers.

"Really? Thank you, miss Lyra!", Teucer says as he smiles brightly.

'That truly is a smile worth cherishing... such innocence... it contrasts the empty eyes of your brother.'

~•~•~

Lyra leads Teucer up to Northland bank while keeping him busy with a few tales from her adventures.

"Wow! That must have been soo cool! Fighting against dragons! Can you tell me a bit about Fontaine?", Teucer asks. Lyra pauses, reluctant to talk about her home.

"Well... Fontaine is... interesting to say the least. Perhaps you heard, but in Fontaine there is a grand court which is in control of the nation and it's laws. As the nation of justice, this grand court is always spectated by Folcalors herself, our Archon. It is believed that she loves watching the trials, however, she rarely interferes. But more onto Fontaine another time.", Lyra explains.

"We are here. This is Northland bank."

Lyra opens the door and lets Teucer in first. The ginger boy smiles at her and runs in, quickly spotting his brother.

"Ajax!", he exclaims. The familiar older ginger turns around surprised.

"Teucer, what are you doing here?", Childe asks the small child, kneeling down to his height.

"I wanted to visit you.", Teucer confesses.

Childe sighs. "How did you even manage to get here...", he mumbles.

"Hello to you too, 'Ajax'.", Lyra greets him, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, Lyra! I suppose you brought him here? You have my thanks. I don't know what I would've done if he had gotten lost.", Childe thanks her as he stands up again.

"What I wonder is... why did y–", Lyra stops, looking back at Teucer.

"Why... didn't you tell me you were a toy seller?", she asks instead.

"Ah... well, I didn't think that would be very interesting, considering I was financing your... 'celebration'.", Childe answers, getting the gist.

Then he looks back at his little brother. "Hey Teucer. Do you want to look around for a while, while Lyra and I discuss some matters?", he asks his brother.

"What kind of matters?", Teucer inquires.

"Your brother and I just need to talk about some new toy ideas for children to give them a better awareness what travellers and adventurers do. And I am certain you don't want to spoil the toys for yourself.", Lyra explains.

"Okay! But I want some of those toys for myself!", Teucer declares. Lyra laughs.

"Alright, little boss. Come on now... Ajax. Let's go upstairs.", she says.

Childe nods, grateful that she played along to his false identity in front of his little brother.

~•~•~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.5K 86
"There is no such thing as no way. As long as there is a possibility, then there is a way." That was what she told herself. Though she never believed...
474 64 22
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔, 𝐴𝑦𝑎𝑘𝑎. 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝘩𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝘩𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑤...
4K 201 28
GenshinxReader Your old friend, the Traveler, awakens you to invite you to the upcoming Freedom Festival set in Mondstadt, you graciously accept and...
636K 35.3K 66
Please note: Due to the timing of this book's release and the release of the 3.0+ patch(es) in Genshin Impact, Scaramouche is called 'Kunikuzushi' th...