Chapter 49 - Plaustrite

~•~•~

"Here we are. This is the location.", Lyra says as they arrive at some ruins.

"Really? Let's see... huh? Paimon doesn't see anything...", Paimon mutters.

At that, Shenhe summons sigils and performs sigil magic. Suddenly, it starts to rain and a Seelie appears in front of them

"This place was hidden using a special adepti art. But now that I have removed it, we can inspect the area more closely.", she explains.

"Would you look at that. The guiding Seelie is here.", Lyra muses.

She ushers them to follow the seelie, which promptly disappears in a nearby waterfall.

"The Seelie got to here and then disappeared. Should we go over and take a look?", Paimon asks, looking over to the others.

Lyra merely looks at her shortly and quickly follows the Seelie through the waterfall.

"Hey, wait for us!"

~•~•~

Instead of being met by more water, they end up inside a domain full of clouds.

"Wha... weren't we at a waterfall just now how did we suddenly end up here?", Paimon mutters, looking around.

"So many clouds... It feels like we're high up in the sky.", she continues.

Shenhe steps forward, spying Lyra a little further ahead.

"With any luck, the Sunset Vermillionite we're looking for should be in here. Anyway, miss Lyra is over there.", she points ahead.

As Lyra notices their presence, she turns to them.

"Ah, there you are. You guys did hesitate for quite a while. Anyway, the seelie went down these clouds.", Lyra says, pointing down to the clouds they were standing on.

"Now that Paimon takes a closer look around, these rocks and trees here don't seem complete... could there be something below the clouds. And if Paimon remembers correctly, you are able to create clouds, right Lyra?", Paimon asks.

"That is correct. However these clouds are nothing like mine. These are the product of an adepti art used for spatial partitioning. If we want to go down, we first need to destroy the mechanism that is maintaining the adepti art. However, this place has been abandoned for far too many years now, so expect monsters. To open up the mechanism, we must first activate three separate ones.", Lyra explains.

"Shenhe, take the one over there. Aether, you take care of the one over there. I will deal with the one up there in the sky.", Lyra continues, pointing to the locations she wants them to go to.

The others nod and make quick work of surrounding enemies and activating their mechanism. Once done, they meet back up at the middle.

"It appears that we've been taken for intruders... this time, why not allow me to take care of this.", Shenhe says as monsters appear around them and readies her polearm.

"Let us fight together. It will make things faster.", Lyra states, also readying her sword while Aether does the same.

And with that, they storm at the monsters. After all of the monsters are defeated, the core of the mechanism exposes itself.

"Allow me.", Lyra simply states.

She stretches out her right hand, building up some adeptal energy, blasting it right at the core, destroying it effectively. As the mechanism disappears, the cloud-floor disappears as well.

"Be ready to either plunge or take out your wind glider!", Lyra shouts as she plunges down. Reaching another level of clouds, they see another core.

"Seems like we got the same here once more...", Lyra mutters, monsters appearing quickly. Once again they make quick work of the monsters and Lyra deals with the core with the adeptal energy she still has access to.

And so, they fall for a second time, however, they are all saved by a pool of water.

"We're lucky there is a pool of water down here..", Paimon mutters.

The others pay her no mind, seeing the Seelie they followed earlier. They continue to follow it for the remaining of the domain. They encounter a couple more mechanisms, of which one was another core, but manage to find the Sunset Vermillionite quickly.

"Is this it? Is this the sunset Vermillionite? It's so huge...", Paimon mutters.

"Yep. However, this is just the right amount for the Jade Chamber to fly.", Lyra states.

"Paimon supposes that's true.. but then again... why isn't it floating?", Paimon asks.

"Plaustrite doesn't float until it's activated. It may look different form most ordinary stones, but it weighs around the same amount. Only after being activated does Plaustrite reveal it's true nature, breaking free from the shackles of the mortal realm and ascending up into the heavens.", Shenhe explains.

"Wow, Shenhe! You seem to know everything about this!", Paimon compliments her. Lyra chuckles.

"I suppose that CR does love chatting about these things. After all, Plaustrite makes for absolutely wonderful material for mechanisms.", she laughs.

"That is true. The moment master has some time to spare, she'll come straight for me and start telling story after story.", Shenhe sighs.

"I wonder who this master is... what could CR possibly stand for...", Aether mumbles.

"Hold on a sec! Paimon just realised something! If we activate it here, there's no way we'll be able to get it back to the site, right? Heck, we'll be dragged up into the sky, too. But if we don't activate it, how else are we gonna lift it? This rock must weigh well over a thousand pounds, surely?", Paimon exclaims.

"Don't worry. I can handle the weight quite easily.", Shenhe shrugs. Lyra chuckles once more.

"Go on ahead. Take this with you and make sure you take care of your own safety as well. Although, if you went through the special training I am thinking of, then I doubt you'll have any trouble!", Lyra waves her off.

Shenhe gives her a nod of appreciation, lifts the large rock of Plaustrite, and leaves.

"How was Shenhe able to carry that huge rock all by herself?! Hmm... adepti super-strength, much?", Paimon mutters.

Lyra laughs at that guess, but just leaves without a response.

"Hey! Wait for us!"

~•~•~