Chapter 5 - the first to know the truth

~•~•~

Lyra hurries to the cathedral and waits for the others to arrive. Her plan is that while the others do their plan, she would go and get the lyre while swapping it with a fake.

Then, she sees Aether, Paimon and Venti enter the cathedral and talk to one of the sisters. 'I call upon Yui, the eleventh.', she thinks to herself.

To use the powers of her past lives, she has to 'call upon' her past life. Yui, the eleventh life, was a spiritual dualist. She was able to conceal her presence as well as her aura. She could also shift her aura.

She uses Yui's ability to go to the basement unnoticed. Throughout the hallway, she sees a lot of guards. 'this should be a piece of cake' she manages to get to the back of the basement and successfully swaps the holy lyre der Himmel with a fake one.

'teleport way point: Favonius HQ' she then appears on the top of the Favonius HQ at the teleport way point. She sighs in relief.

'that was good. Venti is a bard, he would want to be in a tavern later today... I believe Angels share is the most popular tavern here, right? Perhaps I can already go there.' Lyra heads to the tavern and opens the door.

"hm? Oh, a new costumer. Though you don't seem to be from here...", a red head behind the bar says. Beside him is another man. "the name is Lyra. I am a traveller from Fontaine. I have a question... do you have any non-alcoholic beverages?", Lyra inquires.

"yes, we do. We have grape juice and apple cider." – "I'll have apple cider." The red head nods and prepares her glass. Lyra sighs to herself.

"I wonder when they are done..." – "here, your apple cider." – "thank you." She drinks her apple cider. "so... who are you?" – "Diluc of Mondstadt. Not interested in idle chit-chat.", the red head answers disinterested. "got it...", she mumbles.

After some time, the door opens once more. "Hi, we'd like a seat at your, uhm... least conspicuous table." Venti says. Diluc looks at him sceptically. "Umm... the second floor has fewer customers. You'd be less conspicuous up there... but aren't you a bard? Why not sit front and centre?" Venti lets out a nervous laugh.

"let's save the paid performance for next time. We'll be heading up now, see you in a bit!", Venti exclaims. With that, Venti, Paimon and Aether head upstairs. Lyra sighs. "that bard...", she mutters.

Diluc turns to the other man behind the bar. "hey, keep an eye on them. There's something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around.", Diluc says to the other bartender. "Ask who exactly?" – "the 'protectors' of Mondstadt..."

After a few seconds, the door opens again. A knight comes in. "Ah, master Diluc. Have you seen two thieves around?", the knight asks. "what happened? Why have you mobilised so many guards?" , Diluc questions.

"haven't you heard, master Diluc? Two thieves were trying to steal the holy lyre!" Lyra perks up. 'those idiots! They went in to steal it?? Why did they not look for me so that we could've figured something out together! Or rather, I could have told them that I actually have it...' she sighs.

'I should have just gone to them once I was done...' Lyra shakes her head to clear her thoughts. "I didn't see any thieves enter the tavern.", she says. "I believe I saw them outside earlier. They headed that way", Diluc answers.

"Understood. Thank you, mast Diluc!" the knight hurries out of the tavern. Venti, Paimon and Aether head down the stairs and go to where you sit. "wow, look who showed up.", Lyra comments.

"Lyra? Oh, I didn't notice you here.", Aether says. "Today I think I'll have a glass of–", Venti starts just to be cut off by Diluc. "you can put down that bottle you stole from behind the counter." – "...something cold." Diluc sighs.