Chapter 56 - the settled silence after the storm

~•~•~

Arriving where the Millelith stationed themselves at Guyun Stone Forrest, Lyra could see that Cloud Retainer was just leaving.

"Oh, it seems like I just missed her...", she mutters, her travelling companions, Shenhe and Ningguang turning to her as she was within earshot.

"Lyra. I see you've made your way here?", Ningguang asks.

"Of course. I see everything went just fine, even if not necessarily like plan.", Lyra shrugs. "Lyra where were you?? And you knew of this??", Paimon exclaims, causing Lyra to turn to the Pixie.

"Well, I had talked with Ning-Ning and Beidou about this. Both Ning-Ning and I agreed that it'd be best if I also don't participate since the adepti do still see me as one of them. Either way, I was ready to interfere from the decks of the harbour should things have turned for the worse. Had quite a good vantage point of what happened as well. Speaking of..", Lyra trails of, looking at Shenhe.

"That was quite an impressive feat there. I assume it was you who froze off the Tsunami, yes? I know Ganyu's Cryo abilities quite well since I did teach her that."

Shenhe nods. "You'd be correct. I did what could to help the Millelith and the Qixing to win this." Lyra smiles.

"Well then, I do hope you will find your place in the harbour. I am also certain that Ganyu will be more than willing to help you get comfortable as well, since she also has problems fitting in sometimes. Birds of a feather must flock together, right?", Lyra winks.

Ningguang chuckles, turning the attention back to her.

"Well then, everyone, please have a good rest. Come to the Jade Chamber when you have recovered your energy. We must celebrate both the completion of the Jade Chamber and the fact Liyue has weathered another crisis. This banquet must be the most spectacular ever."

~•~•~

The travelling trio and Shenhe share a table as they enjoy the banquet set out by Ningguang and watch Yun Jin's newest opera, the Divine Damsel of Devastation. After performing Yun Jin approaches them.

"What do you think? Personally I thought I sang rather well.", Yun Jin asks them.

"It was beautiful! Paimon wants to learn too!", Paimon chirps enthusiastically, bouncing around as she does.

Shenhe smiles as her. "It was wonderful. Also... thank you.", she says.

"You're welcome. Thanks to you, the divine damsel of devastation is a more nuanced tale than ever.", Yun Jin replies happily. "The play has an ending, but life goes on. I believe you will find a way to fit in in Liyue harbour."

"thank you. I think I've found the opportunity I needed to change.", Shenhe says, smiling slightly.

The travelling trio just looks at them with small smiles on their faces. They are just happy for Shenhe to feel so included.

Just then, a drunk man comes up to their table, clearly having drunk a few too many drinks.

"Ms. Yun...", he slurs. "Here you are, great to see ya."

Then the man looks around the table. "Huh? Hey, this young lady with he white hair looks like some kind of VIP. Yeah, that's it, like an adeptus. Wait you're the girl from the opera, aren't you? The 'divine damsel' herself! And look who else we have here, the illustrious Aether and mysterious Lyra! Well I'll be... this was definitely worth showing up for."

He gets closer to the table grabbing one of the chairs sluggishly. Lyra narrows her eyes at the man, just as both Aether and Paimon scoot away from him.

"Lemme pull up a chair, alright? We'll all have a friendly chat, get better acquainted..." the man is stopped by Shenhe, standing up abruptly.

"Alternatively, you could leave us alone. That is, if you'd prefer to finish your drink via the orifice of your own choice.", she threatens.

Lyra lets a sly grin cross her face behind her tea cup. Let Shenhe handle this, she thinks to herself.

However, her companions don't seem to share her thoughts.

"Uh-oh... this feels all to familiar... Shenhe's back to her old self again...", Paimon mumbles.

"It seems she still has a long way to go.", Aether comments.

Just then, Shenhe takes her first steps towards the man. "Hey! What are you doing?", he asks. Quickly, Paimon flies between them, facing their silver haired friend.

"Calm down, Shenhe. Calm down...", she starts.

Lyra chuckles to herself.

Seems like this will be a long night.

~•~•~