Chapter 25 - a lullaby of old for a glaze lily

~•~•~

As Lyra goes on her way to Dihua Marsh to meet with the others, she opens the box. Inside the box were only two items: the key of said box and a golden necklace, with a circular locket.

On said locket, seven little gemstones are embedded into it on the outer edge while surrounding a slightly bigger, white gemstone. The seven little gemstones are of different colour, each one having one of the colours of the seven elements. She had it made while she was Azure, to symbolise her connection to not only the seven elements, but also the seven nations of Teyvat.

Taking the necklace and key out, she quickly puts the necklace on, while holding onto the key, leaving the box empty. 'Hiding the truth about my aura is much harder with the two gnoses... while they definitely strengthen my abilities, it does take more effort to effectively hide my aura. Perhaps... I should put all the gnoses I get in here. It is quite a safe box after all... and I had this box made out of this special aura/ power concealing wood...', Lyra thinks to herself.

Taking a quick look around herself, making sure no one is around her, she quickly takes out both gnoses and puts them into the box, closing and locking it. Then she puts the key into the locket of her necklace.

Holding the box tightly with both her hands, she begins chanting a seal. "By the power of Adeptus Liliang, Kitsune Yae Mako and Cryo spirit Nix, I hereby seal this box. For all who dare to open it, shall be cursed by a spell of binding and locating. Only I shall be allowed to open the box and take it's content."

A faint golden glow appears, faint traces of yellow, purple and light blue twirling around the box, subsiding shortly after.

Tying the box onto the belt around her waist to her right side, she continues on to Dihua Marsh.

~•~•~

Finally arriving at Dihua Marsh, she can already see Zhongli, Paimon and Aether conversing. Moving closer towards them, Paimon is the first to notice her. "Hey, Lyra's here now too! Ooh, what's that box on your waist?"

"this is a box I had commissioned for in the past. It is coming quite in handy for my current energy problem...", Lyra explains. Aether's eyes widen. "Since when did you have energy problems?"

"ever since I overused my abilities on Dragonspine... what I did there while I was still a little hurt by using my abilities during the stormterror incident, really took a toll on my body. It is safe to say that when I try using that ability again even the slightest, I will start coughing blood again. Stupid duality powers are soo unstable.", she mutters the last part.

"Paimon knew you shouldn't have done that!" Lyra merely shakes her head. "So, what did you find? Anything noteworthy?", she asks. "The Fatui are trying to reproduce the sigil of permission." Lyra's eyes widen.

'What do they wish to do with the sigils? They are obviously not for protection from the adepti. So what else... sigils are part of my power, but so are... seals and barriers... are they thinking of using my own power against the seals and barriers I put up back during the archon war?', Lyra thinks to herself.

"... no matter what they may be planning, you must be careful when dealing with the Fatui. Always be on your guard.", Zhongli merely says. "So is there anything we need to get for the rite of parting in Dihua Marsh?", Paimon asks, to which Zhongli nods.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, there is. Today, we'll be gathering wild glaze lilies.", he says. "Glaze lilies? But why did we come all the way out here? Doesn't the garden in Yujing Terrace have some? Even Qingce village has glaze lilies... oh right, Paimon remembers that Madame ping is always tending to flowers. Maybe we could ask her!"