02_03

~•~•~

"Your majesty..?"

"Ah, my child... it seems like you came to visit me."

"... of course. You are Queen Aria and I am your chosen heir, after all."

"Ah, yes... of course. You will make a fine king."

"... thank you for your guidance and for teaching me... I still don't know what you saw in me all those years ago to chose me as your heir..."

" oh, child... I knew from the moment that I saw you that you were different from the other children. You have what it takes to be the next ruler of  Vindagnyr."

"I don't think I can take up your legacy... Vindagnyr and it's people have thrived under your rule. Not to mention, you are the last ruler of royal descent. From now on, there won't be any prophecies to be received..."

"Perhaps it is better that way... prophecies are as they are called, they foretell the fate of the people, of the world. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad. Prophecies themselves are set in stone, for you cannot change fate. However... even with these prophecies in place, one can strive to make it as impactful or impact-less as possible."

"... I don't understand..?"

"Haah... sometimes, being oblivious to the future is better than to know what will inevitably happen... after all... prophecies can be about wondrous miracles, however they can also be about nightmare-ical disasters. So... trust me when I say... the future ahead won't be a bright one."

"If that is so... why won't you tell me?"

"I said it once and I will say it again: sometimes, being oblivious to the true matter is better than to await certain destruction. For ignorance is bliss... remember that, my.. child..."

"Y-your majesty..? Queen Aria!"

~•~•~