Chapter 9 - Stormterror's lair

~•~•~

"so, this is the storm barrier... it looks so dangerous.", Aether says. "Let me at it. Willow, you don't have to give me the holy lyre... I can do this with my normal lyre.", Venti says, stepping forward.

Lyra nods, then she looks back. "enemy attack! Prepare to fight back!", she shouts out as she constructs a geo structure in front of Venti to make sure he will not be hit by the enemies. "Whisp. Do what you have to. We will fight the monsters off.", she says.

"something's not right. There shouldn't be any hillichurl camps in the vicinity of Stormterror's lair...", Jean mutters as they start fighting against the enemies. "everyone, back.", Lyra orders and the others oblige.

"Winds of justice!", she shouts out. She moves her hands to her sides, then above her head, hands crossing each other. A large anemo vortex starts to build up. Then, she moves her hands forward. All of the enemies get sucked in and get propelled back with the vortex. The anemo vortex takes in some of the nearby pyro and it creates a swirl reaction. This kills the enemies in an instance.

Then she turns around and makes the geo structure disappear. "this was really unusual. Areas with high elemental concentration like this place puts a heavy burden on the hillichurl's body... the abyss order must be manipulating them..." Lyra says.

"I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind." Venti mutters and plays a tune, making the storm barrier disappear. Paimon gasps. "it actually happened! You're not entirely useless, tone-deaf bard!" Lyra chuckles. "let's get moving."

~•~•~

After a lot of struggling, they manage to get to the top of the tower. There, they discover a seal. "oh, we can't advance any further. The ruins seem to be guarded by ancient seals.", Venti says. "Is this the work of Dvalin?", Paimon asks. Venti shakes his head. "no. these ruins were once part of old Mondstadt, as Lyra has said before. Dvalin just happens to be nesting in these ruins for now. These ruins even predate the existence of the four winds."

Lyra nods. "Mondstadt nowadays is a city without a ruler. However, before that happened, it was ruled over by a tyrant, Decarabian, the former anemo god. Anyway... Venti and I will sing you that story when we have the chance in the future. We already sang it to Jean and Diluc tho."

Diluc looks closer on the seal. "the markings on this seal... if my archaeological knowledge is not mistaken, this appears to be a light actuator. If we retrieve and reintegrate all the parts, we should be able to get it working." – "yes, that seems about right. There are three more halos circling the tower which means there are three more corresponding light actuators to activate.", Venti says.

Lyra looks out, noting the light actuators' positions. "I can see them scattered below. I will go and activate them all. All of you better stay here.", Lyra says. "why?" – "it will take too long if we all go down the tower. I myself have a quick way of travelling down the tower." – "oh?", Diluc voices the thought of the others.

"these devices.", Lyra points at a teleport waypoint. "they are called teleport waypoints. They are scattered across the whole continent. There are some below as well. Though to teleport to one, you have to activate them. Everyone has to activate them themselves to be able to use them. I however, have a way to use them without having to activate them for me." – "if that is so, can't you tell us?", Paimon complains.

"you don't have the power necessary to do so. Not that you're weak, it is just a power I had in the past and I am still able to use it- it's not one of the harmful ones, I swear, don't look at me like that Aether- From what I know, there are barely people left with this power, as it comes from an ancient kingdom. The kingdom was destroyed a very long time ago and it is said that there are little to no survivors. That, however, is a story for another time. Tata~" 'teleport waypoint: Old Mondstadt, north' with that, Lyra disappears into thin air.