Chapter 33 - a new threat?

~•~•~

"Hey, Ningguang! Hope I haven't left you waiting for too long!" Both Ningguang and Lyra turn to the door to see a brunette in red clothing.

"Ah, Beidou. You have finally arrived.", Ningguang states. "Oh, who is this young lady right here?", Beidou asks, taking a seat beside Lyra.

"I am known under may different names and titles, however, currently, I am mostly known as Lyra. I am a traveller from Fontaine.", Lyra introduces herself.

"Well, nice to meet 'cha, Lyra! My name is Beidou, captain of the crux fleet! Should you need a ride by boat to anywhere, I am happy to help!", Beidou cheers, as Ningguang pours her a cup of tea.

"Oh? Well, I suppose that could come in handy. You see, I travel together with two other companions, who are currently in Mondstadt to spend time with some of our friends there to pass the time. At the moment, we want to continue on to Inazuma, however, with the Sakoku decree, we don't have a way into the nation. I suppose you can see where I am going with this?", Lyra says.

Beidou thinks for a moment. "Yeah, I understand your problem. Well, I would be willing to bring you there, but such a trip has to be earned. Say... in a few weeks, I have the annual crux clash! It is a fighting tournament, however you aren't allowed to participate if you have a vision and you have to be a renowned fighter. Either way, the current prize is a masterless vision a temporary crew member provided. However, should you want that trip to Inazuma more, that shall be your prize for winning. What do you say?", Beidou suggests.

"Well... I have vision, so I couldn't participate myself. But... my travelling companion doesn't. His name is Aether. He, just like I, helped with fighting against Osail, while also having fought against Stormterror Dvalin in Mondstadt and holding the title of honorary knight there as well.", Lyra says.

"Really? Well then, once your companion is back here in Liyue, come visit me on my fleet and we can discuss his participation in the crux clash!", Beidou answers.

"Now, now. Did you two already forget about me?", Ningguang cuts in. "Oh, right, sorry Ningguang. Anyway, there is a reason I sought out a meeting with you. The seas... something is coming.", Beidou states.

"Oh? Do you know why or rather what is coming?", Ningguang asks. "No idea. But it happened a few days after Osail's defeat.", the captain shrugs. Lyra thinks for a moment, then snaps her head up.

"Did something come into mind, Lyra?", Ningguang inquires.

"Yes... Osail... has a wife, Beisht. She probably is enraged by the defeat of her husband...", she says. "That is probably our most accurate theory. It would make sense after all.", Ningguang says.

"Huh, sounds like we've got another threat coming our way already...", Beidou mutters.

"... I'll have the jade chamber rebuilt. After all, it was the one thing that dealt the final blow. Beisht is sure to to hold a grudge on my floating palace...", Ningguang states after a while.

"I say we wait for the rebuilding for a few more weeks. It has been less than a week since the defeat of Osail, and I can imagine the amount of work you Qixing have to make to fill the void Rex left behind. It will also allow the citizens to fall back into their routines after the big threat. I am sure lots of the Millelith guards are still recuperating.", Lyra argues. Ningguang sighs, but nods nonetheless.

"You are correct. First, we need to deal with the aftermath of what happened before we can do anything else. And then I also need to organise the rebuilding itself. Getting all of the materials needed for the rebuilding of the Jade chamber on my own would take far too long... so I need to organise something for that...", Ningguang trails off.

"Alright, enough. Ningguang, once you and the Qixing have dealt with the aftermath here in the harbour, I want you to go talk to the Adepti. As you and Keqing said: the age of the adepti and gods in Liyue harbour is over. It is time that you as the citizens of Liyue fight this threat alone. I myself will help with the rebuilding of the jade chamber when the time comes, but I won't fight myself, as technically... you know what I am implying. When it is time to draw Beisht out, I will be at the docks of the harbour and if needed, I will shield the harbour from any incoming attacks from Beisht.", Lyra says.

"Understood. I am glad to see you trust me to deal with the situation on my own.", Ningguang chuckles.

"That is not what she meant, I believe...", Beidou mutters.

"While I won't fight, I expect you and the Millelith to fight with all your might. This will be your chance to show the Adepti that you can handle such threats without their help. Most of them are still very uncertain if the Liyue Qixing are able to ensure the safety of Liyue harbour. Show them that they have no reason to doubt you. Also, I have faith in your abilities and your decisions. After all, I wouldn't have chosen you if that weren't the case, now would I?", Lyra says.

"I suppose so.", Ningguang sighs. "I understood most of that, but some things are gibberish to me. What did you choose Ningguang for??", Beidou asks, not quite comprehending what Lyra said.

"Not important right now... I suppose while I am dealing with the aftermath, I will already think of more precise strategies to deal with Beisht...", Ningguang deliberately ignores Beidou's question.

"Well then, I was nice to meet you, Beidou. Ningguang, we will see each other again when the time comes. I however, have a couple more friends I wish to spend time with.", Lyra excuses herself, to which Ningguang nods.

"Ah, before you leave, I have a little gift for you...", Ningguang says. "Oh?", Lyra inquires. Ningguang hands her an envelope. "Here. This is an invitation for the Pearl Galley. I figured you would like it, since you used to love to go there.", she explains. "Thanks Ning-Ning!", Lyra says, turning to the door.

"Beidou, I would like to discuss this with you some more right now if you have the time...", Lyra hears Ningguang say as she leaves.

~•~•~