Chapter 15 - welcome to Liyue Harbour!

~•~•~

The next day the travelling trio wakes up early and eat breakfast together. Once they finish eating, they continue their journey to Liyue harbour. For that, they go through Guili plains. "so... what is this area, walking history book?", Paimon asks. "really? Is that the only name you could think of for Lyra?", Aether asks their flying travelling companion.

"hey! Paimon likes Lyra! So Paimon has a hard time giving her a bad nickname! Also, Paimon hasn't found the best good nickname!", Paimon exclaims. Lyra laughs at their antics.

"alright, enough with the joking. These are the Guili plains. They were the central area of the Guili Assembly, the ancient civilisation ruled by Guizhong, the God of Dust, and Morax, the God of Contracts. It is also called the Plains of Returning and Departing based on the characters taken from the god's names. Unfortunately, during the Archon War, Guizhong died trying to defend her people, and the place was destroyed. After her death, Rex Lapis took their people and brought them south of Mt. Tianheng, where he established Liyue Harbour. Now, the Guili Plains are nothing but ruins.", Lyra says.

"wow... well, talking about the Archon war... where were you during it? You did say that your first life was 7000 years ago, and the Archon war was 2000 years ago. So, you must have been present during it, right?", Aether asks Lyra to which she sighs. "yes, I was present during it. I will tell you more about that life another time, but not now. All you have to know is that I was very close to one of the Archons back then. With the right people around, I will tell you more." Paimon nods, already awaiting the time Lyra will tell them another story of the past.

~•~•~

"and here we are! Welcome to Liyue harbour!", Lyra exclaims. They finally arrive at their destination. They luckily didn't run into many enemies this time. They are greeted by two Millelith at the gate of Liyue harbour. "well, let's see... the rite of descension is in two days so we have the rest of today and the whole of tomorrow to go around the harbour and rest." – "Either way, Paimon is hungry! Do you know a good place to eat?", Paimon asks Lyra.

"well, lucky for you, I do know a good place to eat!", Lyra answers and starts leading them through the harbour. They walk through the Harbour, going through Feiyun Slope to Chihu Rock, where Wanmin Restaurant is located. "this is Wanmin Restaurant. I used to come here in the past and they have the best food if you want to try Liyue's traditional culinary dishes. Sometimes they also make new dishes or variations of traditional dishes. It is truly magnificent.", Lyra comments.

They walk to the chef. "hello, welcome to Wanmin Restaurant! What would you like?" – "we would like two plates of Jade Parcels and three servings of Mora Meat.", Lyra answers the chef. "right away! You may sit down already while I prepare your food." The trio sit down at the Restaurant. "also, don't worry, I will pay for this.", Lyra tells the other two.

"ouu! Paimon can't wait to taste Liyue's cuisine!" – "I am fairly certain you will like what I ordered for us.", Lyra says. Then, a girl approaches the trio with their food in her hands. "hello! I am Xiangling, one of the chefs here in Wanmin Restaurant! Here are your Jade Parcels. Please wait a little longer for your Mora Meat." Xiangling sets down their food and goes back to the kitchen.

Lyra takes some chopsticks from the table, takes one of the Jade Parcels and eats it. "try it, it's good." Paimon and Aether look at her. "uhm... do we have to eat it with chopsticks?"  Aether asks. "if you want to truly enjoy Liyue cuisine, then you will have to do so with chopsticks. Here, let me help you."

She takes one of Aether's hands and takes another set of chopsticks from the table and sets it in his hands. "there. now, just move your fingers like this." She holds up her own hands, holding her chopsticks and moves the chopsticks up and down. Aether copies her movement. "you are doing good! Now you, Paimon." Lyra does the same to Paimon and both of them learn rather quickly how to use chopsticks. Then, Xiangling comes back with their Mora Meat. The trio then enjoys their food as the sun begins to set.