Chapter 1 - a fateful encounter

~•~•~

Lyra starts leading them to Starfell lake. "Everyone knows that both poetry and language flow with the wind! So, our first stop will be Mondstadt city. It is known as the city of freedom. The anemo archon, the god of Mondstadt, is also known to be the god of freedom. Perhaps that is the god you are looking for, but I doubt it."

She sighs. "however, there is a dragon terrorising the city. Who knows how much progress we can make with this..." Once they arrive at the lake, Lyra swims right through it.

"Come, swim over like me.", she calls Aether over. Aether swims after Lyra to the little island in the middle.

"this is a statue of the seven. There are multiple scattered around all of Teyvat. They all have their respective Archon on the statue. This is Barbatos.", Lyra explains to Aether.

Lyra and Paimon watch as Aether touches the statue. Lyra is mesmerised by the ball of anemo that comes from the orb the statue holds. The ball of anemo flies over to Aether as he gains the power to manipulate said element.

"wow! No one can just gain an element just by touching the statue! Perhaps it has something to do with you not being from this world..." – "Lyra, Aether, watch out!", Paimon shouts out as pyro slimes appear behind them.

Both of them quickly grab their weapons as they fight them off. Thanks to Aether's and Lyra's anemo, they defeat the slimes quickly.

Out of instinct, Lyra looks up to the sky. "Hey, look up!", she shouts out. The trio looks to the sky and see a dragon fly towards the nearby woods.

"hey, Paimon says we should go follow it." – "that looked a lot like Dvalin, one of the four winds. Maybe that is the dragon that is terrorising Mondstadt?", Lyra mumbles to herself.

"Maybe. Let's get moving.", Aether says. The trio heads to the whispering woods. There they hide behind some trees as they see the dragon and a boy.

Lyra immediately sees something familiar in the boy, however, she decides to stay silent. "it is okay, Dvalin. I am here now.", the boy murmurs.

At that moment, Aether's clothing begins to glow and the dragon flies away. "who's there?!" the boy shouts out, looking around, before disappearing into the wind.

"...and they are both gone... but what is that on the rock?", Paimon comments. The trio see something red and shiny on the rock Paimon is pointing at.

Aether goes to pick it up. "what is this?" – "looks like something corrupted. Perhaps we should hold on to it. Who knows, it could be of importance in the future." Aether nods at Lyra and puts the object away.

"well then, back to the original course of action. Mondstadt is just further through the woods. We will be there in no time." And so, they continue walking through the forest.

~•~•~

Once they reach the end of the forest, they hear a voice. "hey, you! Stop right there!" suddenly, a girl in red jumps out and lands in front of the trio.

"you don't look from around here. Explain yourselves!" – "I am Lyra. These are my travelling partners, Aether and Paimon. We are on the search for his sister. The two of them come from further away, while I come from Fontaine.", Lyra explains their situation to the stranger.

"on the search for your sister? I see... anyway I am Amber, outrider of the knights of Favonius!" Aether looks at her confused.

"Favonius?", he questions. "the knights of Favonius are Mondstadt's protectors and keep the city save. They ensure that the rules are kept and that no one destroys their freedom.", Lyra explains.

"you are quite knowledgeable, Lyra. I never thought a traveller would be this educated." – "my parents didn't allow me to travel outside Fontaine until I got 18, so I spent most of my time looking into the different nations, mostly history and such." Lyra looks away shyly.

"Anyway, with your sister... I apologise that I can't do much as I am very busy at the moment, but perhaps I can put up missing posters. I am supposed to be destroying hillichurl camps nearby. They are getting closer than usual.", Amber sighs.

"Perhaps we can help you with the clearing of the hillichurl camps? I am fairly certain that with the dragon terrorising Mondstadt the knights have it hard currently.", Lyra comments.

"exactly. Come, there is a hillichurl camp just on the way. Then, I can escort you to Mondstadt myself. Though if I may... do you have a vision, Lyra?", Amber asks the green-eyed girl as they start heading to the camp.

"yes. I have an anemo vision. Actually, both Aether and I have an anemo vision. Aether here just keeps his hidden." She smiles at Aether, who looks at her confused, but doesn't say anything.

Once they reach the camp, Aether and Lyra help Amber clear it out. "that was quick! Both of you have amazing control over your visions!" – "I had a lot of time to practice. But anyway, I can already see the walls of Mondstadt from here! Let us head there."

Amber nods at Lyra and the group starts walking towards the walls of Mondstadt.

~•~•~