Chapter 47 - rebuilding of the Jade Chamber

~•~•~

Lyra leans onto the wall of the stairs at Yinyan temple as Ningguang prepared to start her speech. She looks around the audience that had gathered in front of them.

Amongst them, Lyra could spy her two travelling companions, Aether and Paimon awaiting what Ningguang had to say. Although, it appears that they hadn't even noticed her, so she'll just approach them after Ningguang's little speech.

Soon after, Ningguang starts to talk.

"I have gathered everyone here today to make an important announcement. Perhaps some of you will have heard the news already. I am, in fact, planning to rebuild the Jade Chamber.", she says.

"Rebuild the Jade Chamber? That's a huge project..."

"so the rumours are true. No wonder the price of building materials has gone up so much lately."

"the Jade Chamber means a lot to Lady Ningguang. Getting involved in this would be a huge opportunity..."

"Lady Ningguang, is there any way we can be of service?"

"Patience. Since the news made it out a few days ago, I have already had many people contacting me to declare an interest in joining the project.", Ningguang silences the murmuring crowd.

"Nevertheless, I do have a few matters I would like to entrust to you here today. The building site has already been chosen, and most of the materials have been assembled. Three key items are, however, still outstanding. They are as follows: Sunset Vermillionite, Wonder Cores and Adepti Sigils.", she reveals.

"Uh... excuse my ignorance, Lady Ningguang. I'm familiar enough with Plaustrite, but I've never even heard of this other two.", a man in the crowd says.

"Only sufficiently large pieces of Plaustrite – or specifically, Vermillionite – may earn themselves the 'Sunset' moniker. This stone is what allows the Jade Chamber to float. Wonder Cores, meanwhile, are the central components of the mechanical structure of the Jade Chamber. Adepti Sigils serve as a mean of integrating the mechanical devices with adepti art. They are as indispensable as the mechanical core itself. Although these three items are rare, I trust that with your connections and capabilities, procuring them will not be a question of 'if', but of 'when'.", Ningguang explains.

"I take the saying 'time is money' more seriously than most. Efficiency is everything. I will pay a generous price for the materials that you find, and in addition, the first three people who collect all the materials will have the opportunity to ask me a question. You may ask me anything, and I will give you an honest answer. I trust that this means of compensation will be to everyone's satisfaction." With that Ningguang concludes her speech.

The crowd murmurs amongst itself, before dispersing a few moments after. However, Lyra's travelling companions stay behind and approach Ningguang. Ningguang smiles at the two.

"So you heard my announcement, did you? What do you think? Interested?", she asks them.

"Can I really ask you anything at all?", Aether questions.

"Yes, providing the question pertains to something I am knowledgable about.", Ningguang clarifies. Lyra chuckles from behind her.

"I have more knowledge than you, so that little price does nothing for me. Instead, if I am one of the winning people, I want a little something from you, Ning-Ning.", she says.

At that moment, Aether and Paimon notice her presence. "Lyra!", the Pixie exclaims, hugging the brunette.

"Hey there, Paimon.", Lyra chuckles, hugging back.

"Nice to see you again, Lyra. Time to travel together again, huh?", Aether muses.

"Yep. Although I am certain you want to help with the rebuilding, yes? How about this: should Ning-Ning here not be able to answer your question, I will answer it to the best of my abilities.", Lyra offers.

Aether nods immediately.

"Good! How about you go on ahead? I just need a few words with Ning-Ning alone." Aether and Paimon nod, leaving Lyra and Ningguang alone.

"I suppose we both agree to keep them in the dark for now, yes?", Lyra states, not looking away from her travelling companions.

"Yes. Should they want to, they can help. But then again... we can't always rely on them either since they won't be staying here indefinitely.", Ningguang answers.

"Well then. I'll leave you to your work. See you when the time has come."

~•~•~