A FORBIDDEN LOVE TO REMEMBER...

By Gabbyluv202

Aurora has never been outside her home and she barely knows how the outside world works. When Aurora joined i... More

Authors note.
THE ROYAL SELECTION.
AT THE PALACE
THE HALL ASSEMBLY.
THE ROYAL FAMILY.
AMBER EYES.
THE PALACE LIBRARY.
PRINCESS AMBER.
HUNTING GAMES.
A CONVERSATION.
AN ATTACK.
A THREAT.
AN APOLOGY.
A FAVOR.
OUT OF THE PALACE.
THE FESTIVAL.
BREAKFAST WITH THE ROYALS.
AN UNEXPECTED CONFESSION.
DRUNKEN REVELATIONS.
WAR IS COMING.
NOT ALONE.
A MISTAKE?
FINAL CHAPTER.
REVELATIONS.
PLAN.
THREATS.
REJECTION.
PLAN: 2
ESCAPE.
WINDFALL PALACE.
DUEL.
PLAN 3.
ARRIVAL.
MEMORY.
RECONCILIATION.
TRIAL.
CHAOS.
DEATH.
WEDDING PARTY.
EPILOGUE; FIRST TIME.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR.

THE PLAY.

48 6 13
By Gabbyluv202

Aurora wasn't sure where the princess has brought her but it sure did not look like the festival Teresa described.

Here there were a lot of people both men and women in worn out clothes. They were all being disturbingly loud and Aurora even caught sight of how one man grabbed a woman's behind and pulled her to him and the woman giggled happily.

Men stumbled around, some brushed against her unable to maintain their balance and due to her discomfort, Aurora moved closer to the princess. If she was allowed to, she would have grabbed her arm in order not to loose sight of her, but she knew that would only get her in trouble with the amber eyed girl.

Unable to contain her curiosity however, she blurted her question out to the princess.

"What is this place your highness?"

Amber halted in her steps and stared back at Aurora. Her expression was blank, blazing eyes cold like ice. Aurora found it hard to read her expression although she feared that she may have made the princess angry.

"You must not call me by my title when we are surrounded by people like this" she whispers harshly, glancing around to make sure no one was paying attention to their exchange.

Aurora's eyes furrowed in confusion "if not your title, then what may I call you?"

Amber gave her a look almost saying 'are you serious?' "My name of course. You will call me by my name"

Aurora felt her heart explode in her chest at those words.

Call the princess by her name?

"H_How would I dare your high__" Amber place her palm over Aurora's mouth before she could let out the rest of the words.

"I understand your respect and noble intentions towards me" Amber said with a roll of her eyes, the sarcasm obvious in her tone and  her hands still firmly blocking Aurora's lips from uttering anymore words. "But this is for a good reason. Call me by my name and we would have a splendid night without getting attacked by thieves or bandit"

Aurora nodded her cheeks pink and flustered at the princess touch. She was finding it difficult to breath.

Amber pulled her hands away glaring down at Aurora with hard eyes "now say it. I want you to get used to it"

Aurora gulp down, unprepared for this sudden decision. Calling the princess by her name felt like a big deal to her, nevertheless she was not ready to defile the princess. After all its her fault that they were here.

She opened her mouth, heart pounding nervously as she uttered the words she wasn't prepared to.

"A_Amber"

It was like time stopped, it was like there was no one else but them in the crowded room, it was like all she could see right now was her.

The sound of her name escaping those lips. Why does it sound so different? Why does it feel so different?

There was a slight tug in her heart as she stared at those ocean blue eyes.

Familiar, innocent, beautiful.

No! Amber must be running mad. That was the only explanation for this sudden interest in a girl that could very much be an enemy.

But even as she thought so, she could still hear that tiny voice in her head, that tiny voice whispering that this maiden was innocent, that this maiden could be trusted.

She wasn't prepared to listen to that voice. She wasn't prepared to make the same mistake again!

As they stood staring at each other, lost in each others eyes, a drunkard stumbled forward almost crashing into Aurora, but Amber was quick. Her hands thrust out and gripped the blond's arms, pulling her flushed against her own body away from the staggering drunk man.

"Watch where you're going you bloody bastard!" She growled at the man but he didn't seem to notice nor hear her as he went on his way.

Aurora however was lost in the princess warmth. They have never been this close before.

The princess held onto her in a protective manner. Aurora could still recall that this isn't the first time the princess has protected her. Even at the hunting games, the princess saved her life. Aurora was starting to realize that all these toughness was just for show. The princess was indeed soft at heart.

"Are you okay?" The princess asked in concern glancing down at Aurora who was still in her arms.

How could someone be so beautiful. Those fiery eyes were hard yet Aurora could see the warmth far behind them, the concern, the need for love.

Aurora couldn't help it, she wanted badly to wrap her arms around that slender neck and pull the princess lips to hers.

Indeed it is a forbidden thing and could probably enrage the kingdom if caught, but Aurora couldn't help it. She wanted with all her heart to taste those lips. She wanted to unravel every secret the princess was hiding behind those cold eyes.

Aurora was falling deeper into this hole but she didn't seem to care anymore. Yes she was scared, but she couldn't deny what her heart longs for.

She leaned closer, ignoring the the mass of people buzzing around who didn't even seem to notice that two females were literally lock in an embrace in the middle of the room.

However, before Aurora could do anything, someone cut into their moment.

"Amber, what a pleasant surprise" they pulled away from each other faster than anyone could blink.

Aurora's heart was beating so fast. What in hell was she about to do? Judging from the look on the princess's face, Aurora could guess that the princess has the very same thought.

Oh lord how could she have been so stupid.

"Amber," the voice called again and this time, the ladies glance at the source. A tall man dressed in a dark brown suit that has probably seen better days and worn breeches smiled widely at them. He seem to be in his late thirties.

"Jude," Amber acknowledge his presence with a distasteful tone.

He chuckled completely ignoring the sourness in her voice. "It is a pleasure that you could still recall my name. When was the last time we saw each other? A year ago perhaps?" He didn't wait for a reply as his eyes fell on Aurora and he went on "I see you even made a friend."

"She's not a friend!" Amber snap through gritted teeth and Aurora tried not to let that statement affect her.

"A companion then?" He asked curiously, brown eyes raking over her with interest and Aurora felt uncomfortable under his impolite stare.

"Call it what you want"

Jude decided to ignore Amber and instead focus his attention on the fair maiden beside her.

"What is your name my lady?"

Aurora stared at the princess hoping she could see her discomfort with this man but Amber wasn't paying her any attention anymore. "Aurora"

The man grinned "a pretty name for a pretty lady I must say. I am indeed surprise that someone as noble looking as you are is roaming around with someone like Amber." Amber glared at him but he didn't even acknowledge her "do tell me, how did you get yourself involve with her?"

Aurora stared at her again unsure of how to reply to that. She couldn't very much say she met her at the palace. That would expose the secret Amber was trying so hard to hide.

Aurora didn't have to think hard for a reply because this time, the princess came to her rescue.

"We didn't come here to have a chat with you Jude" her voice was ice cold. It made Aurora shiver slightly "we want to see the play"

Jude grinned widely "I am indeed shocked. I was starting to think you came here for the other reason"

"Other reason?" Aurora wondered aloud and Jude turned his eyes on her.

"I assume, your companion has no idea about your__"

"Find us a seat! As you can see, we are not comfortable here" Amber cut him off with a hard glare. He seem to get the message and let it go, or he just didn't want to argue with Amber.

"Very well, you two come with me" he turned around and walked ahead. Amber and Aurora trail behind him slowly.

Aurora stayed as close as she could beside the princess as people were still moving about, most of the drunk and staggering.

She was startled when she felt a hand grab hers. Shocked, Aurora stared at the princess. "Stay close to me," Amber told her without turning around to face her.

Aurora stared at their joined hands and a smile slowly appeared on her lips as she realize just how well they fit. Aurora tighten her fingers around Amber's.

She liked this feeling, this fluttering in her chest.

She liked it a lot.

Jude found them a seat at the front. There were a lot of people here already even though the play was yet to start.

"Is this the festival?" Aurora whispered to the princess who sat beside her. Amber's expression was stoic and serious, so different from everyone else who couldn't sit still from the excitement of seeing the play.

"No," Amber replied looking straight ahead "the play at the festival isn't as good as this, so be thankful"

Aurora stayed quite after that watching the crew set up the stage for the play. She had never seen a play, and the excitement was starting to kick in.

The play started with a narrator explaining the events happening in the drama.

On a cold night in Evergreen kingdom, a poor young man rescued an escaped princess who was running away from the abusive hands of her husband the prince.

At that moment, a scene was showed by the actors, where the male protagonist grabbed the princess by the arms and hide her away from the royal guards.

David was indeed shocked by the beauty of the princess, for he had never seen someone so beautiful in his entire life.

With her pleas, he took her home with him for he knew if the guards caught her for any reason shell be killed.

Every narration was acted accordingly and Aurora was in awe as the rest of the audience, and by the end of the play, everyone had hankies and tears in their eyes as they all watched the male protagonist get hanged, his lips smiling faintly at his lover as if assuring her that its not her fault, as she seeped with desperate broken pleas.

Amber watched every single expression Aurora made during the entire play. She was so engrossed in it that she didn't notice the princess staring at her.

Sometimes she laughs, something she smiles lovingly at the loving moments between the main characters, and sometimes there were tears in her eyes, especially at the end.

Amber couldn't help but think Aurora looked really beautiful when she smiles, but she pushed the thoughts away. She shouldn't think of Aurora or any other woman in that way. It wasn't proper and she didn't trust Aurora yet. It was too dangerous to start having some kind of feelings for the blue eyed beauty.

Aurora was stirring up dangerous feelings within her, feelings she thought she had killed a long time ago and Amber would not allow that. She won't let that happen.

****

"That was marvelous!" Aurora exclaimed in delight as they left the place. Amber had helped her up the horse, lifting Aurora unto it like she was lighter than a feather, while she stayed down and lead the horse by its reins.

She didn't want to be so close to Aurora this time, she couldn't almost survive the ride here.

"Glad you liked it" she said dryly.

Aurora blushed shyly "very much your highness. Thank you"

They were alone so Aurora didn't think it was necessary to call her by her name, and Amber truly missed the sound from those lips.

"What about you your highness, did you enjoy the play?"

Amber didn't reply for a while. She wasn't prepared to admit that she was watching something entirely different while the play was going on.

"I did" she finally replied.

Aurora smile to herself, she hoped that this little time together would bring them closer together, even just as friends. She felt this need to be closer to the princess.

She sighed lowly in disappointment when she realize that they were probably heading back to the palace. She already saw what she came for, so why stick around?

To her surprise though, she realize they were heading to a completely different place when she heard the loud sounds of laughter, shouts of joy, sounds of jubilations, drums, harps, music. She could guess even without seeing.

"Are we going to the festival?"

Amber didn't even turn in her direction as she replied "its the reason you wanted to leave the palace right?"

For the second time that day, Aurora realized that the princess was not half as bad as everyone thought, and the glow in her heart was proof enough of how her feelings keeps growing at every discovery.

She knew she wanted the princess. She wanted Amber and Amber alone. Aurora was going to fight tooth and nail to break off that hard shell and become someone the princess could trust.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 4K 28
"Do you love me?" She asked with her devious smile. "I don't know." I answered quietly. She walked closer to me causing me to back up. When my back h...
23.4K 286 8
[Now in Kindle Unlimited!] When a princess is kidnapped by an alpha, war rages between the humans and the wolves. But soon, forbidden attraction star...
304 12 10
WARNING! NOT EDITED! A super old story I wrote ages ago but Y'all can read it. PRINCESS ROSE THORNTON I was never a fan of betrothal... Especially no...
741K 33.7K 28
Princess Charlene was having a normal day at the castle when hell let loose. The enemy kingdom decided to attack and kill the royal family but what h...