The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
11| Past Pains Rushing Back
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
15| Ball of Chaos
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
19| Eight long years
20| Mystery Flower shop
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
26| A little reunion
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
41| Calm Before The Storm
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

36| Not Again

317 33 9
By imaginator33

♡♡♡
Quinn's pov

"What are you thinking of? Your face is looking all wrinkly stop it." Brandon scrunches his nose as he did my makeup and I sigh exasperatedly.

He was about to complain again when my phone began to ring and I picked up to Kenna's loud voice coming through the video call.

"Hello, my favorite people!" She said cheerfully while driving in her car.

"How many times have I told you to stop driving and calling?" Brandon scolds and she scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"That rule or I mean the law is for those who put their phone to their ear and drive with one hand, you're talking to a lawyer I know all of this." She defended herself.

"For you, I think you should not try it all you can easily get distracted easily and cause damage," Brandon said back making him earn a death glare from Kenne through the phone.

I chuckle at their banter and shook my head. "You're going to work?" I asked Kenna and she nods enthusiastically.

"You look way too cheerful to be going to work." Brandon points out.

"That's because I have another job darlings," She chuckles and I share a look with Brandon.

"You quit your job?" I asked.

"No no just shut up for a second. I got a new job and I'm still keeping my old one they're both the same anyways and I'll still use my old office." She noticed our confused expression and decided to go straight to the point. "Ace asked me to work as part of the legal team for the Winston's company while still keeping my job here."

My eyes widen. "When did all that happen?"

"Well, we met a few days ago at the office to finalize everything, and now." She holds up her worker's ID for the Winston's company. "I have two jobs!"

"You crazy girl," Brandon laughs. "I've never seen anyone being too happy to have more work to do."

"I'm basically going like a spy undercover. You guys know Luca right? He's the lawyer for Mr. Jefferson who's trying to get Winston's company and I'll basically be a lawyer for Ace. I always know Luca's plan." She explains.

Ace never told me anything about this. He actually rarely tells me about the company.

"Do people always fight for family companies?" I asked Brandon once the call with Kenna was over.

"Is that a question? Of course! Even non-family members will always have their eye on a successful business," Brandon explained.

"Isn't the heir supposed to always be the next leader or something?"

He laughed and shook his head. "Goodness you're so cute, that's how it is with most of them the son or daughter always takes over. But there are so cases when if they aren't competent there would be a board meeting about the future of the company because shareholders and workers are going to suffer if the company falls into the hands of someone who can't work properly. They won't want to risk that."

"How do you know so much about these things?" I questioned, astonished by his knowledge.

"It rubs off on you when your dad is always buying shares and all." He shrugs. "The real question is how don't you know about this? You're dating Ace Winston and you didn't do your research on this?"

I nervously shifted in my seat. I still haven't told Brandon that it was all fake but now that it's real I see no reason to bring it up now.

"Do you even know the history of their company and family? They have such a dark past darling."

"What past?" I asked. I already know all that Ace told me, he told me everything but I still itched to know what Brandon knew.

"Ace's dad died after his wife left. Rumors had it that he was cheating on her and that's why she left but she wouldn't leave her son and everything behind just because of that. Some are saying Ace's grandfather threatened her to leave for some reason and Ace's father was always being controlled by his dad. The company hid his cheating scandal and got rid of anyone who knew anything," He shook his head and whispered. "The most shocking one...... I heard that his dad isn't dead and faked his death to escape his own father."

My eyes widen and I slapped his arm. "That's disrespectful to the dead!" I said and he rubbed the place I hit him.

"Hey! That hurt!" He shouted. "The dead? He might be alive for all we know. I just pity your boyfriend because his parents escaped this life of being under Mr. Winston's control and left him to deal with it alone! The least they can do is protect him."

The least they can do is protect him.... His words echoed in my ear and the world began to spin. I suddenly remembered Ace telling me his mother saved him from the hired killer who tried to kill him at the office toilet..... and Nana's dad letting him go because of his mother.

She has always been protecting him.

But his father isn't dead? Ace never told me anything like that. At that point I realize there was so much he hadn't told me, doesn't he trust me enough for these details?

I mean I haven't told him about Angus and the accident but that's something that I have to be fully prepared for seeing that it can trigger my attacks. Maybe I'm just being self-absorbed by thinking like this, I should trust him as he trusted me with everything else he told me.

I shake my thoughts away before it engulfs me. Dialing Ace's number, I impatiently tap my beige-colored nails on my table. The sounds of my nails filled my dressing room as someone comes in with a rack of clothes.

"My Quinn." His voice comes through my phone and I feel myself melting at his words. My head hangs as I blush and forget all my worries.

"Ace," I breathed trying to stop my face from turning red making me earn a disturbing look from Brandon who sneered and shook his head at me.

"People in their twenties fall in love and become like high schoolers in love," Brandon sneered and I pat my cheeks to stop them from heating up, feeling embarrassed.

Asshole I mouthed to him.

"I'm here, talk to me," Ace said and I heard the should of papers flipping through the phone.

"I need to see you," I said finally gaining control of my senses.

"Missing me already?" His laughter bounces in my head and I chuckle.

"It's about something important," I told him and wondered how he was doing considering the stunt Carl pulled earlier today.

"Should I come to you now?" He asked.

"No no, you need to start staying in office more often," I protested wondering why he would leave office just to come when his right to take over was being threatened. He can't afford t omake any mistakes right now, especially with what happened two days ago.

"I don't care. If you need me I'll leave everything to come to you, nothing else matters," He explained with no hint of sarcasm or laughter in his voice. "I don't joke when it comes to you."

Feeling my heart tugging against my rib cage, my mouth hangs. I pursed my lips and laughed softly. "I know," I breathed.

"Good, don't ever forget that."

"Tell me when you're done with work, we need to go somewhere," I said and he hums in response.

The assistant manager comes in at that moment and tells us to hurry up. "Ace, I have to go now," I sighed.

"So soon, wow I guess you really didn't miss me while I'm dying here without you."

I laugh at his tactics. "I have a shot now, do you want me to lose my job?"

"Quit! I'll take care of you, you have me you don't need them. They're trying to limit our time and I won't allow that.... Hand the phone over to the manager," He sucks in a breath and my eyes widen.

"Ace, Goodbye!" I chuckled and he huffed.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you more," I replied, and could see the proud smile on his face as I said that.

"You hang up first," I said.

"No, you hang up. I don't even want to leave."

"I'll hang up."

"Ouch, you'll abandon me like that?"

"Then you hang up!" I laughed and suddenly the phone is snatched from my grip.

"I'll hang up," Brandon said through gritted teeth and hangs up. He handed the phone to me. I gulped and dropped it on the table.

"Get ready," The assistant manager said with a glare and walked out.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"I can't believe your last scene is next week," Shelia cried while crushing me in her arms. "It seems like yesterday we started this."

"Literally," I chuckle trying to pry myself off her which made my assistant Joan laugh.

"You did well today, after doing like three scenes I thought you would have started complaining but you did well. I'm proud of you." Shelly patted my checks as she let go of me.

Due to the scenes, I missed previously I had a lot of scenes to complete today and did most of them leaving me with just one more scene. I heaved a sigh of relive as I looked around the set which was filled with staff moving around, getting ready for the next scene.

We went outside to finally leave for the day when someone distracted us. "Quinn!" I turned to see Dylan walking up to us.

"Dylan, hey."

"Are you okay?" He asked pulling me in for a hug, Shelly tapped Diana's shoulder repeatedly and pointed to the car hinting to her to give us our privacy. They left us to talk.

"Yeah what happened?"

"You didn't call me when you got home. I went to your apartment but no one answered, I thought something had happened. I knew you would have to come to work. You scared me," He breathed and let out a deep relieved sigh.

A feeling of guilt engulfs me and I suck in my bottom lip. "I'm sorry, it skipped my mind I would have reached out to you since," I said holding his hands and staring into his blueish-green eyes which accessed me with worry.

"It's okay, just don't scare me like that again." He ruffled my hair and I chuckled.

"How long have you been here?"

"It's been a while." He looks around. "Let's get out of here, it's getting dark."

"I actually have to be somewhere," I said remembering Ace and he tilted his head.

"Where? Come I'll take you."

"No." I stopped him and he looked at me puzzled.

"It's not trouble really, I don't have any plans for the night I'll go with you."

"It's not about that—"

A warm and slightly rough hand held mine, cutting me off and I looked up to see Ace who smiled at me before paying attention to Dylan.

Dylan immediately grabbed my other hand and furrowed his eyebrows at Ace.

"What do you think you're doing?"

They both questioned each other at the same time and my eyes widened with pursed lips.

Not again.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

We've hit 19k readsssss!

Thank you so much and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter🤍

Vote, comment and follow me for updates!

QOTD: Have you followed me on instagram? And tiktok?🥸

You haven't? No wonder! Go and follow imaginator33_

Muahhhhhh🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 34 31
This books contains strong language and mature scenes. This book is being slowly rewritten. The story remains the same For Cade, life is just a neve...
1M 10.3K 16
Running away from the dark past of her life, Sofia McCommer is determined to start new and prove her worth to her family by joining her family busine...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
70.6K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...