History repeats itself (a Gen...

By Glowing_Hope

"Little girl, lost in my woods. Come here, i will guide you out." . . . "I will pass on my curse onto you! Yo... More

Author's note
01_01
Prologue - the outlander and the mysterious girl
Chapter 1 - a fateful encounter
Chapter 2 - a wind-carried fight
01_02
Chapter 3 - the temples of the four winds
Chapter 4 - the bard clad in green
Chapter 5 - the first to know the truth
01_03
Chapter 6 - the curses and blessings brought by eternal rebirth
Chapter 7 - the holy lyre and the crystalline tears
02_01
Chapter 9 - Stormterror's lair
Chapter 10 - the 8th of the eleven Fatui Harbingers
Chapter 11 - the gnosis of the anemo archon
02_02
Chaper 12 - time for some alchemic experimentation!
Chapter 13 - delving into the past
Chapter 14 - the trip to Liyue
02_03
Chapter 15 - welcome to Liyue Harbour!
Chapter 16 - The rite of descension, the start of a "play"
Chapter 17 - Illuminated Adepti, hear our message
03_01
Chapter 18 - Wanshang, the "mysterious" organisation
Chapter 19 - Nuctilucous jade and the finest silk flowers for the geo lord
Chapter 20 - perfume for the god of contracts
03_02
Chapter 21 - of kites and manpower
Chapter 22 - cocogoat!
Chapter 23 - a dinner and an invitation
03_03
Chapter 24 - the palace in the skies, the Jade Chamber
Chapter 25 - a lullaby of old for a glaze lily
Chapter 26 - the golden house
03_04
Chapter 27 - Osail, Overlord of the Vortex
Chapter 28 - the closing act of the "play"
Chapter 29 - the rite of parting
03_05
Chaoter 30 - parting ways for a while and tea with an old friend
Chapter 31 - some catching up between mother and daughter
Chapter 32 - reminiscing the past
04_01
Chapter 33 - a new threat?
Chapter 34 - the first mora?
Chapter 35 - the assassination of the god of salt
04_02
Chapter 36 - Guyun stone forest
Chapter 37 - Sal Terrae
Chapter 38 - breaking the seal
04_03
Chapter 39 - the domain of the god of salt
Chapter 40 - Fatui scum
Chapter 41 - the tradgedy of the god of salt
05_01
Chapter 42 - of Salt and Betrayal
Chapter 43 - ginger brothers
Chapter 44 - a day with the small ginger child
05_02
Chapter 45 - a day of a traveller in the adventurers guild
Chapter 46 - the... charmer?
Chapter 47 - rebuilding of the Jade Chamber
05_03
Chapter 48 - Adeptus Desciple
Chapter 49 - Plaustrite
Chapter 50 - task one: complete
06_01
Chapter 51 - collaboration
Chapter 52 - Ore hunting
Chapter 53 - Wonder Cores and Adepti Sigils
06_02
Chapter 54 - Completion of the Jade Chamber
Chapter 55 - Wife of the Overload of the Vortex, Beisht
Chapter 56 - the settled silence after the storm
06_03
Chapter 57 - Treasurehoaders against the Abyss
Chapter 58 - the odd statue in the ruins
Chapter 59 - old companion
07_01
Chapter 60 - What is the Abyss searching for?
Chapter 61 - Secrets
Chapter 62 - the Ruin Guards origin
07_02

Chapter 8 - Stormterror, the corrupted dragon of the east

266 8 0
By Glowing_Hope

~•~•~

Once Lyra wakes up, she immediately heads to the winery via teleport waypoint. She is glad that those waypoints are scattered around the nation as it makes travelling easier. "hey, is that Lyra over there?", Paimon says as she can see her approach.

"I didn't think you'd be on your feet again so quickly." – "I feel fine now. However, I should still refrain from using any of those rather harmful powers. Spiritual duality requires a lot of energy if your body is not built for it, you know... so I take it that you've got the tears?", she asks.

Aether nods. "are they purified yet?" Aether takes out the crystals and starts purifying the crystals. "it is hard to believe such a thing is possible, until you've seen it with your own eyes.", Jean states. Diluc nods. "Interesting. It's like filtering wine. The process is... refreshing."

Lyra sighs. "let's put the tears on the lyre, shall we?" she takes the lyre out, and Aether proceeds to use the tears on the lyre. "It worked!", Paimon exclaims. "It seems completely different from before.", Aether comments.

"the lyre's anemo power seems fully restored. We should be able to use it now. It's all thanks to our honorary knights.", Venti chimes. Jean nods. "Now, where should we summon Stormterror? It must be away from the city, else there will be casualties should we fail..."

"I say Starsnatch Cliff. It is away from any settlements, and we will have enough space for the summoning. Not to mention, the wind has easy access there. what do you think, whisp?", Lyra suggests. "Lemme think... Starsnatch cliff... alright let's do it there.", Venti agrees.

"hey, Aether, Paimon. Just a little fun fact: Starsnatch cliff is the cliff above the beach where we first met.", Lyra remarks. "really? Oh man! Paimon is getting nostalgic!" Lyra laughs. "very well then, let's go there now. We have more than enough time left." – "you got it"

~•~•~

"we arrived", Lyra says as they reach the top of the cliff. "what a view...", Paimon says, breathless. "Lovely for a fated reunion, isn't it? Well, we must be prepared for a fight.", Venti states.

Jean nods. "regardless of the outcome, things finally seem to be taking a turn for the better. Mondstadt has really been going through so much recently..." – "huh! In the end, the solution to our problem was as simple as some travellers and a song. I suppose the knights of Favonius may have played part in it too..." Diluc states.

Venti shakes his head. "oh, we get it, master Diluc... everyone step aside." The group does as told. "I, the best wandering bard of the mortal world, shall begin my performance with the holy lyre.", Venti announces.

Lyra can't help but shake her head. Then, Venti starts playing. Soon enough, Dvalin appeared. "You have come... what has been done cannot be undone..." the dragon speaks. "If so, then why do I see sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks of your yearning for this song..." Venti says. The dragon answers with a growl.

"they are... communicating... huh?", Jean says. Suddenly, Venti gets attacked by an ice shard. Lyra was quick enough to react, as she runs towards him, puts her hands around him and takes the hit for him, saving both him and the holy lyre in the process. "No! Lyra, tone-deaf bard!", Paimon exclaims.

The others run towards them. Suddenly a voice speaks. The voice of a cryo abyss mage. "do not be fooled by him, dear dragon... he left you to rot alone... now he attempts to deceive you once more..." Lyra put the holy lyre away quickly as the others shield the two of them.

"Do not speak lies, you insolent mage!", Lyra shouts as she steps forward. Dvalin ignores her remark. "Barbatos...!" – "Let your wrath fester! Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!", the abyss mage encourages. With that, Dvalin flies higher.

"you!", he starts. "you were planning this all along?" Lyra uses her past geo vision abilities to shield everyone as the dragon goes face up to them. "- to have me slain by them?!" "No! it's not like that!", Venti shouts against the wind.

"the time has come for the dragon to serve it's true master... while you bewail your pathetic selves and watch the world tremble with fear!" with that, the mage flies off with Dvalin. Lyra lowers the shield as Venti speaks up. "Dvalin..." is the only thing he gets out of his mouth before looking sad onto the ground. Jean is the first to speak up after him. "Barbat- Venti, please, be careful..."

Venti chuckles lightly. "... you've known my true identity for some time now, haven't you Jean? Though, I thank you for continuing to use the name Venti." – "how's the holy lyre? Can it still be played? Or does it need to be repaired?", Jean asks.

Venti looks around. "huh? Where is the lyre?" – "I took it when I shielded you to save it from being damaged.", Lyra says, as takes the lyre out. "here, not harmed at all." – "but what about you, Lynda? You took the hit for Venti, and you used some kind of geo powers even though you clearly have an anemo vision.", Paimon asks, worried for her companion.

"what that abyss mage hit me with was not that serious. And the geo shield? In my previous life I had a geo vision – my only geo vision to be exact. Anyway... there are no drawbacks to using the powers of my past visions, which I am very thankful for. And before you ask- I had each element at least once. Though with that said, not all of my lives had a vision nor any special abilities.", Lyra explains.

Aether shakes his head. "We can't let this abyss mage get away!", he exclaims. "you're right. If we don't fight the evil at its source, then we can't save Dvalin at all.", Diluc states. "in which case I shall call upon outrider Amber to track it down...", Jean mutters.

Diluc shakes his head at Jean. "no need." – "why is that?" – "I eradicated one not long ago, in one of the four winds' temples." – "what!? When?", Paimon exclaims. "if you want to track those monsters down, then I'll seek answers from my contacts. I've got other means for getting the job done."

"Diluc... though he-" – "Paimon, shush.", Lyra sends an ice-cold glare at her to which she immediately shuts up. Diluc then continues. "I'll be sure to let the abyss order know that their blatant disregard for Mondstadt will not go unpunished. Meet me back at the winery tomorrow. Best if all of us rest up till then. I will have talked to my contacts till then."

~•~•~

The next day, the group meets again at dawn winery. "straight to business.", Lyra says. Diluc nods. "the abyss order... enemies of the human race. Even the underground network rarely comes across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues."

Venti looks at him slightly surprised. "really? That quickly? You really are well connected, master Diluc." – "come to think of it, Mr. big anemo god Barbatos – why exactly do you need the help of mere humans...?", Paimon chimes in. "ahh, how do I put it..."

Lyra can't help but laugh. "h-hey! Just because you know, doesn't mean you can make fun of me, Willow!", Venti complains. Lyra calms herself down. "I apologise. 'the seven' as people know them, were once known as 'the seven archons'. Each archon presides their own part of Teyvat – their own nation. That is the role the archons play. Only in performing this duty can they attain power, however Venti doesn't like the idea of 'ruling' Mondstadt – and Mondstadt wouldn't really like it either. He is the god of freedom after all and Mondstadt is the city of freedom.", she explains.

"go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule. We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt.", Jean adds. "Jean... you're such a devotee!", Paimon continues, looking at Venti. "... or maybe someone got a little to free and is just lazy to care..."

Venti looks away slightly. "Ahh... however it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time. Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among the seven!" – "you can say that again. I have at least served, or I was close to most of the archons. The ones not included are the god of Fontaine and the god of Sumeru. With the time you neglected your role of 'ruling' your nation, you are definitely the weakest archon.", Lyra states.

"oh, such hurtful words from my dearest friend!", Venti jokes. "Oh, what a god... is it a blessing, or a curse? But we digress. Let's get back to the topic at hand: the common enemy of mankind." The group's attention goes over to Diluc. "we have tracked the abyss mage to the vicinity of the winery." – "I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let it escape.", Jean speaks up with a stern voice. Aether nods. "Let's hunt it down!"

~•~•~

Once they finish off the abyss mage, energy dispersed from its body. "huh? After defeating the abyss mage, a certain energy dispersed from its body... it seems that energy was being used to cut off the connection between me and Dvalin." Venti goes silent for a moment before speaking up again.

"Aether, do you know of Stormterror's lair?", Venti asks. "nope." – "But Jean and master Diluc are no doubt aware of it... and Lyra..." the said girl chuckles lightly. "After Dvalin woke up, he took the ancient ruins of old Mondstadt as his lair. As it was the storms that previously cut Mondstadt off from the outside world, the entrance to the ruins is also sealed by a special barrier.", Lyra explains. "but now, as the energy dispersed from the abyss mage, I was able to read the rhythmic flow of how the barrier's magic was woven. I must admit, it sounds even more horrendous than a chorus of hillichurls, but it should be enough to let us break through the storm barrier and reach Stormterror's lair."

Diluc slowly nods in understandment. "which means we're going to confront Dvalin? I'm fine with that... Jean is the one who wishes to avoid any direct confrontation." Jean shakes her head. "No. when there are no other options left, it is my responsibility to alter our course of action. If slaying him is our only choice, I will gladly become the knight that leads the charge."

"goodness, no! we don't have to go that far!", Lyra exclaims. "when we summoned Dvalin to Starsnatch cliff, I was able to identify what held him to what he has become today. There are crystals on the back of his neck. Red crystals. They are the source of this corruption. If only we can manage to get close to him and maybe immobilise him to destroy those crystals, then victory will be ours." – "but how? How will we destroy the crystals?", Paimon inquires.

"that is where Aether comes in. I felt the same power radiate from the crystals on his neck also in the tears. You will be able to purify them and through that, those crystals should break.", Lyra explains. "But we are talking about Dvalin! Aether could be swallowed whole if he even tries getting close to the dragon!" – "hey, Paimon. Have a little bit more faith in Aether. Don't forget: we are also there to help. And I have a few things up my sleeves." – "Ho~! So, we just need to fight monsters from the abyss... and a dragon! No pressure or anything.", Paimon says sarcastically.

Lyra shakes her head. Venti giggles. "and so... the epic actions of brave heroes finally leads to this eleventh hour." – "What are we waiting for? Let's get to Stormterror's lair!"

~•~•~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 289 19
The God of Stars controls the sunrise and sunset of the sky. She brings the moon and stars and makes them shine. Now that she has been killed due to...
96.4K 4.9K 200
She destroyed her Vision to refuse the gift of Celestia. Yet even without this influence, people still have their reasons to fear her. "Soleil Rhein...
11.2K 508 27
Furina is dealing with the aftermath of the trauma that unfolded in her five hundred years of living as an Archon. The prophecy and the flood have le...
4K 201 28
GenshinxReader Your old friend, the Traveler, awakens you to invite you to the upcoming Freedom Festival set in Mondstadt, you graciously accept and...