Stalking Mr. Cupid (DA series...

By MedievalTomboy

"Sir Cacao, what is the different between love and romance?" The devotion in her eyes is as bright as hundred... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Cracking Mr. Codehead

Chapter 28

80 12 0
By MedievalTomboy

Anete Point of View

"He's here. He's here." The moment I heard Peach running towards me, I summoned all those known and unknown hidden skills inside me.

He's here.

It's time to do what I ought to.

"Bartlett, it's time." I said in hurry to which he gave me a constipated look.

"Are you sure you want to do this? He is not a fool, you know." He sighed and came towards, still keeping his distance from me.

I nodded to him in confirmation and chanted in my mind that I can do it like a mantra.

Never have I ever thought that I would get down into theatrics in my life. But then again, since situation and time is demanding it, I need to unleash the real Anete from the slumber.

When loud hurried footsteps were coming closer, Peach gave me a wink and I turned to the troublesome helper in the whole team a pleading glance, "Bartlett, you should be possessed by your role. Please."

Since it has already come to this, I have to make this happen on my terms. Bartlett is a scared of female gender, I wonder if I could come out of this plan safely.

My future brother-in-law, please keep your head straight.

"Butter tart, Anete," Cacao came inside the bedroom I was in, in a hurried manner. I immediately laid back on the bed and closed my eyes.

"Ah, brother, you are here." Bartlett, can you be anymore robotic?

It is quite clear that you are acting. Is that called acting?

"What happened? Why did Anete faint?" I suppressed my smile when I heard concern in his tone. He came to me, sat next to me and took my hand in his.

"She came to wish you good luck but you already left by that time. So, we were just chatting about this and that and she suddenly fainted." Good, I can still count on Peach; thankfully.

"Then why didn't you take her to the hospital?"

"Aiya, I called our fifth cousin already. He will be here soon. You calm down; I'll go and call him again while you take care of Anete." Peach excused herself and went out.

Okay. Bartlett, now please ask him what you should. It's your turn now.

"How was your fan meet?" I think this guy is the main voice for robots. He just speaks so binary-ly!

"I didn't even get to say a word before I got your call. Forget it, Anete is more important. What exactly happened and why are you the one to call me?"

Yes yes, I'm more important so let's forget about this Choco Drizzle girl, Cacao.

"When Anete fainted, Peach was crying out loudly like someone died. When I came here and saw everything, I immediately called you while Peach called fifth. Mom and dad are not home so I had to call you instead." As much as his tone is so superficial, his command on the script is awe-inspiring.

But the main credit goes to Peach. I just had to tell her the scene and she prepared such a flawless script. She even guessed her elder brother's reaction and gave answers in it.

Truly a talented girl.

"My poor butter tart, what happened to you suddenly!" Cacao's tone softened and I felt a kiss on the back of my hand. He turned my hand around and stiffened for a whole minute before rubbing my palm with his fingers.

"Blood?" His fingers then trailed over the skin below my nose where the traces of blood are still there. "So she was having a nose bleed."

"Did she eat or do something before she got into this condition?" Uh huh! This question is from out of the syllabus!

Peach, Bart and even I believed that Cacao would not go as far as to ask such smart question. Dear me, how will Bartlett answer now?

"Uh that – no. I mean she was fine and did not consume anything that she shouldn't."Bartlett stuttered so much that I wonder how our act was not found out already.

I bet an year earning that Bart's face is right now shouting with unasked and untellable answers.

"Maybe – umm – yes maybe it is that time of the month." Say what now?

Oh my dear brother-in-law! What nonsense are you saying?

"Bart, this is why I ask you to at least have a casual talk with girl every now and then. Don't you even know that, that bleeding comes from different hole?" My thoughts exactly!

I mean as much as it is a little dirty to think this way but to have an intercourse in your nose – Never mind. The though itself should be burned and flushed away in toilet.

Ewww!

"Of course I know. I'm not a fool to not know something so simple. I remember my biology from school. You asked me about the bleeding so suddenly and I want to lessen your stress so I just had to say anything." Peach, where are you? Your second brother is changing the biological history of every woman.

Gosh, I should've thought of something else... something that Bartlett is not involved in.

"Fifth cousin is here. Fifth is here." I released an inaudible sigh. Thank the gracious God for sending the helper in right time.

I felt Cacao shift his body a little so I slowly open an eye to see what is happening. Fifth hugged Cacao with a smile and the smile was actually target to me.

I smiled back at him and joined my hands and mouthed him to help me. He blinked at me a couple of times, agreeing to my request.

Alright! Here comes the main part.

"Anete fainted and said to have nosebleed. She did not wake up yet and she is not feverish." When I heard the deep concern in Cacao's voice, I felt so guilty.

But do I have any other choice? No.

When I said this Drizzle was suspicious, I meant it. I cannot let him meet a suspicious person when I know that my Cacao is too innocent to believe just anyone.

"Step aside. Let me see." I felt fifth cousin sit on the chair beside the bed and take my hand to check the pulse.

"Your planning and precision was great. Even the fake blood you used is flawless." I heard him whisper lowly.

I had to pinch my thigh discreetly to keep myself from smiling.

After checking my pulse and doing a few more checkups, he sighed and turned back to Cacao. "What she needs right now is care and attention from the person she loves." This cousin-in-law is good at least.

"Umm? Is she pregnant?" Bartlett! This is why I told him to read the whole script and not just his part.

"You are a perfect example of self-made fool." Cacao, I agree!

"She is stressed beyond her capacity of tolerance and to add to that, there is a lot of heat inside her which caused mixed symptoms. I will inject her with medicine and later all she will need is love, care and attention from loved ones – loved ones." He stressed on the 'loved ones' once more before he gave me an injection.

"Yes, I will take good care of her from now on. I will not leave her even for a minute unattended." Cacao hastily promised to which my heart jumped and jiggled in joy.

"This is a vitamin supplement that will help you with deficiency." Fifth whispered and I felt the prick of needle tearing through my skin.

"She will wake up shortly. Give her something to eat after half an hour."

"Yes sir." Cacao answered soberly.

"Then should we call other two Allards?" Bart asked sincerely.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw that fifth cousin who was about to walk out stopped for a moment and turned back to look – nay, glared at Bartlett.

Peach gasped loudly at the stupid question her brother asked and Cacao just stared thoughtfully at him.

"Bart, have some faith in our brother. Do you think Cacao cannot take the responsibility to look after Anete? Do you think Cacao is a kind of person who would push his girlfriend into her family's hands when she was not healthy? Do you think so low of him?" I guess it must be the result of all the dramatic spells and calls she has been using to summon her Lord that Peach is now more eloquent than before.

Her spontaneity to the situations is impeccable!

When I saw that Cacao's attention is not on me, I threw a glare at Bartlett and mouth 'thank you' at Peach.

Bart must've realized his mistake that he stumbled in his words not knowing what to say. "I mean, brother is always busy so – it's not like I don't have faith in him. He is the best nurse world has yet to see." He better remember about all the incentives I promised to participate in this act.

He almost spoiled the whole cause!

"Of course, I will look after my girlfriend with my own eyes. She is mine anyway and not a trouble to me but an honor."

This must be the first time I saw Cacao so normally, humanly, sincerely worried to the depth of his bone marrow.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Good?

What are your views on Bartlett and his robotic acting? 

Do you know anyone who has same talent in acting like Bartlett. As for me, I should say, I am the one who cannot act at all.

Why is Anete so confident that Choco Drizzle, who is supposed to meet Cacao, is fake?

You saw a new side of Anete in this chapter? Do you like it?

Bart is such a smartly foolishly comedic. Who agrees?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 50.6K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
38.7K 4K 50
"Marriage is like a rhythm of a sinking Titanic. You know it will sink; all you have to do is learn to swim and dance to that rhythm." What kind of p...
298K 11.6K 52
~Dear Cupid, I like this really cute guy from my school, except he's a bad boy and a total player. What do I do? I'm a pretty shy girl. Help! Lov...
1M 41.4K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...