Cover Girl

By CheesyGreenBeans

"I had always fit into people's standards. Perfect. People don't tell you how much it sucks to be perfect... More

ᥴһᥲrᥲᥴ𝗍ᥱrs
᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
ᥱᥣᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥣ᥎ᥱ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆ᥙr𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿і𝖿𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
sі᥊𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
ᥱіgһ𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - ᥱ𝗍һᥲᥒ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝗍һіr𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-᥆ᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝗍ᥕ᥆ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝗍һrᥱᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝖿᥆ᥙr - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-𝖿і᥎ᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-sі᥊ - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-sᥱ᥎ᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍- 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ
𝖿᥆r𝗍ᥡ-ᥒіᥒᥱ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆
𝖿ᥙᥒ 𝖿ᥲᥴ𝗍s
ᥒᥱ᥊𝗍 ᑲ᥆᥆k

ᥒіᥒᥱ𝗍ᥱᥱᥒ - mᥲ𝗍𝗍ᥱ᥆

113 5 0
By CheesyGreenBeans

"Knock Knock. Get the door. It's depression." A loud voice called out, banging on the door.

"Go away Ethan!" I yelled back.

"No get up." He barged into my room, yanking the covers off of my now cold body.

"Leaveeee," I groaned, turning over into a fetal position.

"Don't make me get the crayons."

"I'm up!" I yelped quickly, jumping out of bed.

"That's what I thought," he smirked. "Let's go. We're going to eat."

"Aww is wittle Efan taking me out to a fancy westauwant?" I cooed, poking his side.

"No. Now get your stuff and come downstairs."

He left the room, leaving a smirking me.

I looked through my closet and grabbed some jeans and a t-shirt with Jason Voorhees holding a pair of crocs. I got it for Christmas from Ethan a couple years ago.

We walked out to the car together, almost shoulder to shoulder.  He walked over the the passenger side and opened the door for me.

"Why thank you kind sir," I said in a poor British accent, bowing before him.

"Anything for you princess," he retorted, bowing back.

I shoved his shoulder and sat in the car, grinning like an idiot.  He sat in the driver's seat and began driving.

We drove in a comfortable silence, until he pulled into our diner.

"Quite fancy my kind lad," I said, continuing in British.

"Just shut up and get inside," Ethan told me, pulling out his keys and opening the door.

"So bossy today," I mumbled, getting out of the car.

We sat at our table and saw Alex already walking towards us.

"Early birds today." She smiled, pulling up a chair, "What do y'all usually get for breakfast?" she asked, her southern accent slightly showing

"I'll get the Belgium waffles and hash browns with the usual drink," I told her, glancing over at Ethan.  His hair was disheveled and covering his eyes as he chewed on his fingernail.  He looked like a little kid.  Cute. I mean-

"I'll have two pancakes and hash browns," he answered, looking at Alex, handing her his menu.

She nodded and walked towards the kitchen, leaving me and Ethan alone. I glanced over at him to see him staring at me, deep in thought.

"Ethan," I called out, waving my hand over where his eyes were staring. He snapped out his dee thought and stared at me, looking offended. "You good?" I asked, seeing his disheveled expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he mumbled.

I'm fine.

The most told lie told in all human language.

It makes you wonder which of those are really lying.

"Why are we here?"

"I don't know. I was bored. I just- I dont know" He stuttered, looking down at his lap.

"Okay," I whispered, looking it his hair.

"My dad is back," he blurted.

"What! That's amazing! Why aren't you with him?" I basically yelled. "You haven't seen him and years and you're with me, you need to go now," I told him, lowering my voice, and pulling him out of the seat.

"No, Matteo, you don't get it. I haven't seen him in years. He doesn't know anything about me. He thinks I'm still his little kid! He hasn't seen me since I was five and he acts like he's known me my whole life" He said holding back tears, by instinct I held him in my arms, sitting beside him.

"Ethan I would give anything to see my dad again, but I can't.  You can, Ethan.  Make him know you.  Make him know the funny, sensitive, amazing guy you are today."

"But what if I disappoint him?  What if he hates me?  What if u don't reach his expectations?  What if I failed as his son."

"Ethan," I paused, making him look me in the eyes, "shut up.  He'll love you, and if he doesn't, forget about him, you have me which is better anyway," I told him sarcastically, rolling my eyes.  He let out a small smile, causing my stomach felt weird.  I'm probably really hungry.

"Thank you," he whispered, wrapping his arms around me and squeezing me tightly.  I wish I could take away his pains and worries.  Anything for him to be happy.  He's my best friend.

"Sorry to... ruin whatever's going on but, Ethan what do you want to drink?" She asked.  Ethan hesitantly let me go to look at Alex.

"Just a tea.  Thanks."

Alex nodded and headed back to the kitchen.  I didn't move from my seat beside Ethan.  His body heat was radiating off of him, making me feel at peace.

"Do you want to see him?  My dad?" He clarified, looking me in the eyes.

"Sure, I'd love to reconnect with my second Dad.  How long is he here for?"

"He said two weeks, but it could be longer.  He might even have to leave before them.  The Navy is unpredictable.  He never shows up out of the blue, so I don't know why he's here."

"It's gonna be great.  He'll get to see who you've become."

"It isn't much," I heard him mumble to himself.

"Stop Ethan."  I glanced over at his dull expression, his eyes cast towards his lap.  I unconsciously had been gradually moving towards him, making our position now close.  My leg and shoulder were both touching his and my face was inches away from him.  "You've saved me from so much, I'm sure he can find something to love about you."

I could tell he was holding tears back, causing me to wrap my arms around him again.

"I'm sorry," he whimpered, "I'm being dramatic,  you're probably annoyed.  I'll stop talking."

"Ethan stop.  You're not annoying me.  I love you," I whispered directly into his ear.

"I'm sorry."

"Ethan stop apologizing."

"I'm s-"

"Alright Belgium waffles with hash browns," Margret said, handing me my plate and grabbing Ethan's "and two pancakes and hash browns.  You boys enjoy."

"Thanks Margret," she smiled and walked away.

We both dug into our plates without saying our word.  We both were still sitting relatively close, but nobody made a move to back away.

My plate was almost clean when two girls came up to us. One was a blonde with beautiful green eyes and the other was a brunette with Hazel eyes.  Both were undoubtedly beautiful, but for some reason, nothing drew me towards them like I typically would be.

"We just wanted to come over here and tell you that you guys are a really cute couple." The blonde said, causing Ethan to choke on his food and start coughing. On instinct I began slapping his back, not knowing what else to do. 

Once Ethan's breath evened out I glanced back over at the two girl's confused expressions.

"We aren't a couple.  But thank you," I spoke.

"Really?"  The brunette asked, clearly surprised, "We were here for over an hour, and that full hour whenever we saw you, you would be hugging or sitting really close to each other."

"We're just friends," I told them.

"Oh.  We'll have a nice day," The blonde said, leading the brunette away.

Ethan still looked taken aback by the girls' claims, but we both brushed it off and finished our food.

We sat in the car in silence, both of us attempting to find something to say.

I eventually led us home, both of us unsure how to start a conversation, but the tension was never awkward.  It was always easy.  It was easy for us to sit in silence and have the tension quickly fizzle out to none.  Everything with Ethan was just easier.

QOTD: Kiss Marry Kill; Tony the Tiger,
Toucan Sam, Cap'n Crunch

Word Count: 1283

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 102 23
⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ Cara wants to shrink. She wants to get herself as small as possible, to push the limits of life. She has no care for safety or...
81.5K 7.5K 40
"The laugh cracked loudly into the school's atrium, like a shot of a gun. A quick bullet. A deadly bullet the pierces through flesh and bone. I reali...
17.9K 544 73
Aspen Carlee Ellington. "Beau's Girl" That's how I've been known since the 10th grade. Every time I looked into the future...whether it was an hou...
126K 3.7K 37
My name is Brooklyn Robert. I'm 17, head cheerleader since my freshman year, I have fair grades and people always compliment me on my looks even thou...