Married To The Male Lead's Fa...

By Xxiant

**Dropped** Photo and Story Not Mine - for offline reading purposes only. Credits to the rightful owner *****... More

Chapter 1 - 3
Chapter 4 - 6
Chapter 7 - 9
Chapter 10-12
Chapter 13 - 15
Chapter 16 - 18
Chapter 19-21
Chapter 22-24
Chapter 25-27
Chapter 28-30
Chapter 31-33
Chapter 34-36
Chapter 37 - 39
Chapter 40 - 42
Chapter 43 - 45
Chapter 46 - 48
Chapter 49 - 51
Chapter 52 - 54
Chapter 55 - 57
Chapter 58 - 60
Chapters 61 - 63
Chapters 64 - 66
Chapters 67 - 69
Chapters 70 - 72
Chapters 73 -75
Chapters 76 - 78
Chapters 79 - 81
Chapters 82 - 84
Chapters 85 - 87
Chapters 88 - 90
Chapter 91 -92
Chapters 93 - 95
Chapters 97 - 99
Chapters 100 - 102
Chapters 103 - 105
Chapters 106 - 108
Chapters 109 - 111
Chapters 112 - 114
Chapters 115 - 117
Chapters 118 - 120
Chapters 121 - 123
Chapters 124 - 126
Chapters 127 - 129
Chapters 130 - 132
Chapters 136 - 138
Chapters 139 -141
Chapters 142 - 144
Chapters 145 - 147
Chapters 148 -150
Chapters 151 - 153

Chapters 133 - 135

355 9 0
By Xxiant

Chapter 133

The news of Duke Ding braving through the pouring rain to rush to Changning Count Residence spread out, making other people curious.

Could it be that something happened to Jiang fourth miss?

The crowd felt their hearts thump.

After they investigated the reason, they all went silent.

So the Duke Ding people feared and avoided as if he was poison also had a soft side. When his fiancee was bullied, he rushed through the pouring rain to placate and this showed how important she was to him.

Jiang fourth miss was really a fortunate person.

The noble ladies admired her.

At the same time, they were shocked that the origin of the two educational old servants that Old Madam Xie sent to Jiang fourth miss was not small as they both had served the previous empress. No wonder that Old Madam Jiang in Changning Count Residence would be moved to have some ideas.

If it were them, they also could not help but be moved.

"Jiang fifth miss' moral conduct is not bad," a noble madam said this.

Jiang Mingyao's reputation spread out because of this matter.

Everyone praised the moral conduct of the legitimate born daughter of Changning Count Residence and others even thought higher of the oldest daughter of Jiang family who was pregnant.

Xie family's second madam heard the capital's noble ladies praising her future daughter-in-law and felt proud.

Actually, she did not like Jiang fifth miss. If it weren't for the request of her oldest son who was adopted, Xie Second Madam won't even look at the ladies in Changning Count Residence.

The present was different from the past, Xie family's second branch was not the same branch that was ignored ten years ago.

In her heart, her second son's wife must be a noble lady with high status.

The only thing that comforted her was that Jiang fifth miss' personality was cool and pure, not asking about worldly matters, easy to control.

At night, First Madam Zhang at Clear Water Temple finally knew the things happening in the residence and her face turned white. Her face was dark as she wished to go back to the residence and shook her muddled daughter awake, also teaching a lesson to Jiang Ningbao, that blasted girl. But once she thought that if she left Clear Water Temple, her body would be tortured as such, she dismissed the idea and went to the count to complain.

On the second day, the sky was bright.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming went back to the count residence.

As the owner of the count residence, Changning Count Jiang Dongming rushed to the west courtyard once he arrived and used the excuse of justice to chide Jiang Jin, this nephew, sternly. And then, he went to Jiang Ningbao's courtyard to scathingly denounced her for making a big deal out of a small thing, making Changning Count Residence embarrassed.

Jiang Ningbao looked at Changning Count who reprimanded her with saliva flying all over and her gaze turned cold. She went silent for a while and spoke faintly, "So what oldest uncle means is that niece shouldn't tell the duke and not let the duke appear, swallowing the grievance to the stomach."

Once Changning Count heard that his niece did not change, the anger that had not subsided raised and he glared at his niece as he reprimanded with a loud voice and a stern face.

"Fourth girl, your grandmother only wants to let you take Yao'er to attend the lessons taught by the two old servants, how can this give you grievance? Yao'er is your little sister and sisters should help each other."

"Moreover, it was only a sentence, you actually made such a big ruckus, making the whole count residence embarrassed. Indeed, you've grown wings and do not put the count residence in your eyes."

Jiang Ningbao declined to comment and looked at Changning Count with an indifferent gaze, "Oldest uncle, niece's wedding date is earlier than fifth sister but no one in the residence prepared anything for niece's wedding, they did not even give me an educational old servant. Fifth sister had long found educational old servants and grandmother put all her mind to preparing fifth sister's wedding."

Saying up to this point, Jiang Ningbao halted and looked at Changning Count's face that slowly turned green and she laughed coldly in her heart as she continued.

"After the duke knew about niece's situation and took it upon himself to invite an embroiderer to help embroider the wedding dress and invited the old servants from the palace to teach niece etiquette, while the relatives in the residence kept on ignoring niece. If there's any benefit that can be gained, then try to get it. Want to share a cup of soup and no benefit, then throw you to a corner to be forgotten. If there's benefit, then using the excuse of sisters should help each other to get the benefit. How can there be such a good thing in the world?"

"Oldest uncle, is niece right?"

Jiang Ningbao gave Changning Count a sneer.

Changning Count only felt that his face was hot and glared at Jiang Ningbao for a while. He then left, flying into rage from shame, while flicking his sleeve.

Chun Xi and Chun Le who were at the side released their breaths and revealed happy smiles.

Their lady was amazing. The count was angered until leaving. When the count reprimanded their lady, their hearts were not comfortable. They had seen the treatments their lady got in the residence.

The count actually had the face to reprimand their lady.

Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and tidied the hair by her ear. She then tidied pieces of her jacket and strode out of the hall alone to attend the lesson of the two old servants.

From the time Old Madam Jiang was warned by the person Duke Ding sent, Old Madam Jiang did not call for Jiang Ningbao and Changning Count was the same.

Jiang Ningbao was happy to maintain such a situation.

Chapter 134

During the day, Jiang Ningbao attended the lessons of etiquette and worldly wisdom by the two old servants and by night, she exchanged letters with the duke. Unless necessary, she won't get out of the big door of the western courtyard. She spent her days substantially and happily.

Days went by and her older brother Jiang Jin would go back to Azure Mountain Academy tomorrow. The next time he returns would be the day of Jiang Ningbao's wedding.

On the night before his leave, the candle in Jiang Ningbao's room still lit up.

Jiang Ningbao and her older brother Jiang Jin were having a conversation in the room.

"Brother, this is ten thousand silvers. Don't reject it. At that time, you gave mother's dowry to me and does not have any money left. The monthly allowance of a few tens of silver probably did not arrive in your hand."

Jiang Ningbao had on a slight smile and pushed the money box to Jiang Jin's with an attitude of not allowing any interference.

Two days ago, Jiang Ningbao stored a few jugs of medicinal wines and flower wines full to a big slender and soft hay wooden box so her older brother can take it to his academy.

Aside from the medicinal wines and flower wines, Jiang Ningbao also let the embroidery shop make a few new clothes for her older brother.

Now, she was sending money. The dowry of their mother, Madam Yang, was in her hand and there was a lot of profit she got from the properties every year. Jiang Ningbao recorded these in a book. After their parents came back, she would return it to her mother's hand.

In the future, these would be her older brother's.

About this, Jiang Ningbao did not tell her older brother. Don't think that she did not know that the reason why grandmother could give the dowry to her had the efforts of her older brother.

She remembered that before grandmother gave the dowry to her, her maternal family came. They should be invited by her older brother.

Although the count residence had money, if Old Madam Jiang managed her mother's dowry in place of Jiang Ningbao, the huge profit earned every year would get into the old madam's pocket and not to her hands.

According to the rules, the siblings had their own share of dowry, but her older brother gave it all to her. Her personal assets were only the two thousand silvers her parents gave and a hamlet in her own name.

The assets under her father's name were all taken by her grandmother and the first branch after he 'met with mishap'. It could be said that aside from their mother's dowry, the second branch siblings did not have any asset.

Getting married this time, Jiang Ningbao did not intend to use her mother's dowry. The monthly profit she earned from her Jinjiang Teahouse was much bigger than the yearly profit earned by the whole count residence.

Although she donated half to do good things, the remaining half was still an incredible sum. Not to mention the farmlands, hamlets, shops, and land deeds spread all over Dayue Dynasty.

Even when Duke Ding knew, he could not help but get shocked.

It could be said that Jiang Ningbao was filthy rich and did not lack money. The matter of her dowry, she had given to Manager Yao. Added with the betrothal gifts given by Duke Ding, her dowry was very thick.

"Ningbao, two months ago, you gave brother five thousand silvers. Brother is studying at the academy and did not spend much. You should keep this ten thousand as your dowry," Jiang Jin looked at Jiang Ningbao helplessly.

Five thousand silvers was not a small sum. The expense of the count residence for half a year was also this much. At that time, Jiang Ningbao was afraid that he would reject so she specially hid the money in a box filled with wine and then gave him a pouch, telling him seriously to open it when he arrived at the academy.

Jiang Jin thought of the things Jiang Ningbao did and felt happy and funny, but more than those, he felt touched. This time, she openly gave him money, a while ten thousand silvers.

This sister of his.

Perhaps aside from him, her older brother, the first branch and grandmother did not know that Ningbao was the richest person in the whole residence.

"Brother, as a man, you have to have money. I have Jinjiang Teahouse under my name and it earns profit every day. There are a lot of rich merchants who came because of its reputation and the monthly income reached more than thousands of silver. After six years, I don't even know how much I've saved."

"Moreover, the profit earned from mother's dowry is not small. Big brother has a part in this."

Jiang Ningbao spoke with an attitude that did not accept rejection and directly put the box to her older brother's hand.

Her older brother was really foolish that others felt heartache for him. He always thought of her, his little sister, and did not think that the money in his hand was only a small scrap in her rich and generous properties.

Fortunately, she had prepared beforehand. She secretly used her older brother's name to buy not little farmlands and hamlets. Thinking of the thick stack of land deeds with her older brother's name on it that she put in a box, Jiang Ningbao's mood was good.

Jiang Jin rubbed Ningbao's head and helplessly accepted the ten thousand silver draft. Silently, he decided to return it on the day of Ningbao's wedding as dowry money.

The two siblings were thinking for each other.

"Ningbao, after brother leaves tomorrow, you have to be careful on your own in the residence." Jiang Jin thought of the crappy situation the second branch was in and worry was written all over his handsome face. He wished in his heart that Ningbao would get married to Duke Ding on that very day.

Jiang Ningbao poured tea for her older brother with a smile, "Brother, you were not in the residence before, I can still manage on my own. Now, there are even two old servants in the courtyard."

Jiang Jin: "....."

That's right. He actually forgot that Jiang Ningbao still had two old servants who came from the palace. The worry in his heart lessened a lot.

"Ningbao, maternal uncle and aunt should be rushing here to attend your wedding." Jiang Jin drank a mouthful of tea and remembered the matter he forgot, so he immediately told Ningbao.

Jiang Ningbao was stunned, "Brother, my wedding is on the first day of the fifth month. The news of the emperor giving a marriage decree needs ten days to travel to Xuzhou Prefecture. Moreover, our maternal uncle and the others need at least one month to get to the capital. They should not be able to make it."

Chapter 135

At the beginning, her parents were the ancient version of free love. Her father did not care about Old Madam Jiang's opposition and married her mother. Her mother's family was one of Dayue Dynasty's rich and prosperous noble families.

Xuzhou Prefecture was very far from the capital. The highest official position Yang Family had was only a fourth rank position, but the family business was big and there were not a small number of talented members. It had real power.

She really did not understand what Old Madam Jiang was dissatisfied about regarding her mother.

Mourning for three years, their uncle's family would send generous gifts during festivals, not letting the people in the residence to look down on them.

Jiang Ningbao had good emotions toward her uncle's family.

"If they walk through the water route, they should be able to make it on time." Jiang Jin spoke solemnly.

"Aside from the city gate, I will send people to stand by on the port." Jiang Ningbao thought about it. If her uncle, aunt, and the others could make it on time, it would be a happy occasion.

Jiang Jin nodded.

After speaking a few more words, the pair of siblings separated.

On the next day, Jiang Ningbao hugged the jug of origami stars that her older brother made for her and sent her older brother off. Seeing the guards and carriages sending her older brother leaving her sight, a trace of reluctance to part and disappointed.

Main Room of Golden Longevity Hall.

Old Madam Jiang leaned on the soft chair and closed her eyes. A few pretty servants were pounding on the old madam's legs. Her trusted servant, Hong Xing, familiarly rubbed the old madam's shoulders as she talked about the news of the third young master leaving the residence.

Knowing that the third grandson left, Old Madam Jiang opened her eyes and her gaze was indifferent. "It's good that he left, lest he be an eyesore in the residence."

Hong Xing sighed in her heart and continued to rub the old madam's shoulder.

The room became silent once more.

"Do the two old servants never go out of the western courtyard?" A moment later, Old Madam Jiang suddenly said this with a strong not resigned tone.

Hong Xing lowered her head as she answered, "Yes, old madam."

"It must be because of fourth girl! She was afraid that they would agree to my request so she restricted them in the courtyard." Old Madam Jiang's voice was filled with helpless anger.

"Old Madam, you forgot the words Duke Ding sent someone to say....." Hong Xing reminded in a small voice.

Old Madam Jiang's face sank and her heart was filled with depression. She no longer mentioned the two old servants. The past few days, there were some old people who came to the residence to laugh at her. In her heart, the old madam hated the fourth granddaughter who made a complaint.

But because her fifth granddaughter needed to borrow the influence of the fourth granddaughter, Old Madam Jiang did not want their relationship to be too stiff.

"Hong Xing, go to my warehouse and take gold rimmed jade ruby head ornaments to the fourth lady."

Hong Xing was stunned and immediately lowered her head to say respectfully, "Yes, old madam."After saying this, she stood and went to the warehouse. The key to the warehouse was with her and Hong Xing easily put the gold rimmed jade ruby head ornaments into an accessory box and took it out.

When Jiang Ningbao just came back from her lessons with the two educational old servants and drank a mouthful of tea to prepare for rest, she heard Chun Xi report that the old madam's trusted servant, Hong Xing, came.

Jiang Ningbao slightly knitted her brows, "Let her in."

Hong Xing carried an intricate box and entered. She bowed to Jiang Ningbao and raised the box on her hands, "Fourth lady, this is the head ornament the old madam give to you."

"Grandmother gave this to me?"

Jiang Ningbao was shocked. It was only a few days and Old Madam Jiang actually gave her a head ornament. What did this mean? She looked at the box and gestured for Chun Le to take the box over. After Chun Le gave the box to her, Jiang Ningbao opened it and saw that it was actually a gold rimmed jade ruby head ornament.

This head ornament was very valuable.

Jiang Ningbao went silent for a moment and her gaze fell on Hong Xing. "Hong Xing, why does grandmother suddenly send me such a valuable head ornament?"

Hong Xing shook her head respectfully, "Servant does not know. Lady can ask the old madam."

Jiang Ningbao closed the box with a faint gaze and gave the box to Chun Xi who was standing at the side. She looked deeply at Hong Xing and waved her hand, "I accept this head ornament. You can go back and report."

Hong Xing did not say anything and she bowed before leaving.

Jiang Ningbao had a thoughtful look. What was the hidden meaning behind Old Madam Jiang's action this time?

"Lady, you really accept the head ornament sent by the old madam?" Chun Xi pulled a long face as she carried the box, feeling that it was hot.

Jiang Ningbao laughed lightly and her eyes were rippling with brilliance, "My dad earned such a big property for the family but it ended up in oldest uncle's hand in the end. Isn't it only a gold rimmed jade ruby bracelet? Why can't I take it?"

Chun Xi thought about it and felt that it's true, so she rest assuredly put the ornament box in front of the dress and make-up table.

From being given the marriage decree until now, half a month passed. Old Madam Jiang did not take any action and the head ornament was probably to placate her. Jiang Ningbao put this matter down and used the time to learn from the two old servants.

Today, someone from Duke Ding Residence came and told Jiang Ningbao that the wedding dress was done and she was invited to Duke Ding Residence.

Jiang Ningbao was pleasantly surprised.

.

Note: It's the last day of year 2020, guys. This year's been a tough year and, for me, accompanied with tear and laughter here and there. I hope that year 2021 will be a good year all around the world and I hope that in year 2021, there will be much more smiles and little frowns. Have a good day and Happy New Year!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857K 71.5K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
464K 26.3K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
274K 31.4K 79
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. πŸ”₯❀️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...