Chapter 10-12

Chapter 10

In Dayue dynasty, who did not know Duke Ding Xie Heng was a posthumous child and everybody's poisonous son-in-law.

When Duke Ding was born, Old Madam Xie almost died from metrorrhagia. A highly skilled eminent monk passed by coincidentally and saw that when Duke Ding was born, he carried near boundless ominous energy. He personally carried Duke Ding away and only then did Old Madam Xie return from death's door.

What made people feel strange was that this monk did not ask Duke Ding to enter the monastery to cleanse the ominous energy but gathered ten highly skilled monks and spent nine nine eighty one days to consecrate a string of red sandalwood beads to wear on his wrist. Only after that did the ominous energy lessened.

When Duke Ding was twenty years old, he left home and joined the war within the borders. In just a few years, he made a name for himself, making his enemies terror stricken and not daring to attack. He was given the title of the youngest Duke Protector and became Dayue dynasty's war deity.

It's a pity that aside from healthy young men, no women dated to get close to him. Even his mother did not dare to. Once they got close to Duke Ding, the lightest reaction was laying on the bed in sickness, the worst was dying.

When Duke Ding was at the age of marrying, there were a lot of noble ladies who did not believe in this news and chased after Duke Ding with ferocity. Unfortunately, the result was not optimistic.

There were deaths and there were sicknesses. No women dared to get close with this Duke Ding anymore.

Great power and influence was important, but life was more important.

If there was no life, what could power and influence do?

Now, the people around Duke Ding were those who had joined the war and were healthy and robust, but they still needed to be changed every few days because they could not stay around Duke Ding for a long period of time.

This was something everyone knew about.

But at this moment, the soft and gentle Jiang Ningbao who seemed like she could be toppled down by a gust of wind actually said that she wanted to marry Duke Ding! Everyone thought that she was driven mad by sir heir because of the matter of engagement.

"No way!" Old Madam Jiang snapped out of her shock and slammed the table.

Duke Ding Xie Heng had great power and influence just at the young age of twenty eight, but compared to marrying over and dying – no, even before marrying over, just coming into contact with Duke Ding a few days might take one's life and the relation to Changning Count Residence would be cut off. It was better to be Duke Ding Residence's oldest miss. This would deepen their relationship.

Jiang Mingyao's cold face flashed with alarm and bewilderment.

Fourth sister.....How could fourth sister be this mad and bet on her own life? She immediately pulled Jiang Ningbao's hand and squeezed it, then advised her nervously.

"Fourth sister, don't joke around. Duke Ding is not someone we can think about."

"Grandmother, this matter relates to granddaughter's happiness. Please let this granddaughter be willful this once. Please agree." Jiang Ningbao gently pry off Jiang Mingyao's hand and lifted her delicate face filled with determination.

This was the choice she chose after thinking deeply.

When Butler Zhao was speaking, Jiang Ningbao went through the novel. The female lead Yang Shuqing was not a kind person. She would get vengeance with cruel methods. The people who condemned her in her past life were all retaliated by her and each with a tragic ending.