Chapters 64 - 66

Chapter 64

At this time, Old Madam Xie whose hair was already white came riding on a small sedan that was lifted by a few burly servants. It was obvious that someone told what happened on the gates of the residence to Old Madam Xie.

The crowd immediately greeted her.

"Greeting the old madam."

Old Madam Xie nodded with a faint smile. Her eyes swept across the people present and she saw her adopted grandson kneeling on the ground with a beautiful girl on his side. She could not help but frowned and said, "Why are you kneeling in front of the main gates? Get up, let us speak inside the residence."

The crowd stood in sync.

Once Yang Shuqing saw Old Madam Xie, her eyes shot with a trace of light. She thought to the health preserving wine she took back. This health preserving wine was the most expensive kind and the process of brewing this wine was complicated as it used a lot of treasured herbs.

It was still not sold in Upper Cloud Wine Shop.

Her heart had an idea. Duke Ding went to the battlefield when he was younger and the hidden injuries on his body were not little. If she was given this health preserving wine, Old Madam Xie would definitely regard her in a favourable light.

As long as Old Madam Xie spoke up for sir heir, sir heir's criminal title of 'unfilial' would be washed off.

As for 'unjust'.....

Yang Shuqing's eyes flashed with cruelty as her heart already had a plan.

At this time, the small sedan Old Madam Xie sat on face Jiang Ningbao. She gave Jiang Ningbao an amiable smile and glared at her useless son, "A'Heng, why have you not send Ningbao girl back to her residence?"

Once these words were spoken, Yang Shuqing's expression changed abruptly.

She thought that Jiang Ningbao had just arrived at Duke Ding Residence just like her. She did not think that Jiang Ningbao would already meet Old Madam Xie and seeing Old Madam Xie's amiable expression with fondness, her heart sunk suddenly. A trace of cloudiness appeared in the bottom of her eyes.

Xie Jingyi's cold and cool handsome face flashed with astonishment.

It seemed that grandmother liked Jiang fourth miss very much.

"Old madam, don't be angry. Sir duke was only delayed by certain matters." Jiang Ningbao glanced at Duke Ding's handsome face and spoke for him with a smile.

Old Madam Xie scolded her with laughter, "This girl."

The intimacy in her tone was something everyone could hear and their hearts trembled as they all glanced at Jiang fourth miss. They never knew that this tender and beautiful Jiang fourth miss was this favored by Old Madam Xie.

"A'Heng, it's no longer early, you should quickly send Ningbao girl back to the residence." Old Madam Xie could not help but urge him on.

Duke Ding Xie Heng paused. He turned his face to meet with the little lady's clear and brilliant pair of eyes as he spoke faintly.

"I will send you back."

"Alright!"

Jiang Ningbao's lips bloomed into a magnificent smile. She bowed toward Old Madam Xie and lifted her feet to the place where her carriage was parked not far away. Along with her movement, Chun Xi who was carrying a delicate accessory box rushed over, helped her lady to board the carriage and then closed the curtain.