Chapters 82 - 84

Chapter 82

In the book, under Madam Zhang's instigation, he would ruin 'Jiang Ningbao's' innocence because 'Jiang Ningbao's' reputation was in tatters and she only had a disabled older brother.

Her power was little.

Now, she was given a marriage decree by the emperor to marry Duke Ding and was the time when she had the most attention.

Zhang Zhan would target a different person. Jiang Ningbao felt rather regretful. Maybe some people would feel that in the novel, he ruined 'Jiang Ningbao's' innocence and he needed to be severely punished.

Not punishing was unfair to the novel's 'Jiang Ningbao'.

Taking preventive measures was alright, but Jiag Ningbao was not someone with strong viciousness. Even though she had struggled in the apocalypse for ten more years, her heart still kept that bottom line and clearness.

Now, Zhang Zhan had just started hitting on her. A little lesson was alright.

But Zhang Zhan using his own marriage as a chess piece to fuel his ambition to climb higher would one day make him get in big trouble.

Returning to the courtyard, Bai Mei and the other servant girls were more respectful than usual.

Jiang Ningbao only glanced at them faintly. This glance made Bai Mei and the others sweat and felt regret. If they knew that fourth lady would be this fortunate, they would take fourth lady's side.

Fourth lady's standing within Changning Count Residence rose drastically right now.

Bai Mei and the other glanced at the trusted female servant by fourth lady's side, Chun Xi, in admiration. They felt envy. This Chun Xi really got lucky.

The most obvious change was the lunch she had consisted of five big menus, four small dishes, and a delicious old duckling soup. The menus filled the whole table.

The dishes were fragrant and made people salivate.

Jiang Ningbao calmly ate her lunch. This lunch was only recovered to how it was when her parents were still alive, even Chun Xi did not feel happy.

When she was eating lunch, Zhang Zhan whose body hurt all over acted like how Jiang Ningbao expected. After knowing that Jiang fourth miss was given a marriage decree to Duke Ding, he was first astonished and then fearful. Though he was not resigned, he could not throw away the initial plan.

As for his aunt's plan to 'ruin innocence' to force Jiang fourth miss to get married to him, Zhang Zhan who liked to rise through the current threw it at the back of his mind.

He's still young and he had a future. He won't ruin it for one Jiang fourth miss. No matter how beautiful Jiang fourth miss was and no matter how generous her dowry was, he could not let Dongping Count Residence who was tied to him get dragged down the water.

He did not care if his aunt would get angry. Dongping Count Residence was more important than a girl's dowry.

.....

The news of Jiang fourth miss getting a marriage decree to Duke Ding traveled all over the capital as if it had grown wings. The various noble families were all shocked.

Changning Count Residence's Jiang fourth miss went from a pitiful girl whose engagement was annulled to being the fiancee of Duke Ding with a marriage decree and stepped on her former fiance's head.

The whole capital was shocked.

This day, hundreds of noble ladies were envious and admired Jiang Ningbao. No matter how envious and admired they were, they could only congratulate her sincerely.