Chapters 121 - 123

Chapter 121

The siblings who were kicked out went out of the courtyard. Jiang Ningbao could not help but laugh. She spoke in a small voice, "Brother, I really did not think that oldest aunt would be this impressive. She actually made our oldest uncle so angered he fainted. This really makes one feels satisfied."

"Right, makes one feels satisfied."

A smile appeared on Jiang Jin's good looking face. After their parents passed away, every time they celebrated the occasion and gathered together, oldest aunt would put on a fake smile to see the pair of siblings.

Once, they overheard their oldest aunt complaining to old servant Yang, saying if it weren't for Ningbao having a good engagement, after their parents met with mishap, they would've separated the pair of siblings from their clan, lest they took advantage of being the count residence's young master and young lady.

Jiang Jin became very disgusted with his oldest aunt from this point onward and became more diligent in studying so he could pass the examinations and bring glory to the second branch. Who knew that after he went to Azure Mountain Academy, there would be many things that happened?

Fortunately, Ningbao was lucky and was very compatible with Duke Ding and got a decreed marriage.

If not.....Jiang Jin did not dare to think of the consequences.

"Brother, oldest uncle had woken up. After their oldest male cousin got this news, they would come here. Let us stroll this Clear Water Temple for a while and go back to the residence at noon." Jiang Ningbao was quite interested in the famous Clear Water Temple.

"Okay." Jiang Jin nodded with a smile.

The pair of siblings strolled the backside mountain of Clear Water Temple in a normal pace with Chun Xi, Chun Le, Xie Qi, and the other guards behind them.

The nobles in Clear Water Temple's backside were plenty,there were also a lot of Buddhist novice. On the road, Jiang Ningbao noticed that there were noble ladies and young masters who attended the flower admiring banquet but she did not recognize most of them.

When the two of them walked to a grove that was relatively quiet, they heard a few noble ladies having a conversation and they also mentioned Yang Shuqing. The pair of siblings paused their steps.

"Have you heard? The emperor put up a name list. I say, why did Miss Yang suddenly put out the news that she would donate ten percent of the monthly income, she must have heard from King Qin that the emperor was about to prepare donation, so she wanted to take the initiative to build more influence for King Qin and help King Qin get the support of the soldiers."

"Isn't it because Miss Yang does not have a good reputation and even had a big gold mine? She can only use tactics to get the gratitude of the soldiers and fish for fame and compliments from the commoners."

"Fishing for fame and compliments also need the qualification. Miss Yang used money to pave the way. No matter what, the family of deceased soldiers indeed get benefits."

"Indeed."

"But putting the whole Anyuan Marquis Residence on King Qin's boat, I really praise Anyuan Marquis' guts."

"That's right. Fortunately, our families are neutral. Actually, being neutral is not bad. At least, we don't need to be in a state of anxiety."

The noble ladies all nodded in agreement.

As noble ladies, they preferred a stable life.

The history proved that the families who joined the fight for the throne either rose drastically or got the whole family exterminated. Even if the whole family was not exterminated, they won't have any nice ending.