Chapters 70 - 72

Chapter 70

First Madam Zhang saw that after settling those few servants, Old Madam Jiang was supported as she exited Golden Longevity Hall. Once she was in the main courtyard, she immediately invited a Buddhist great master. Following that, old madam also sent someone to invite a Buddhist great master.

For a span of time, the people in Changning Count Residence were in a state of anxiety. They did not know what happened to old madam and the first madam that they invited Buddhist great masters together.

Could it be that something ghostly appeared in the residence?

The people in the residence who had committed bad things were shocked and scared.

Jiang Ningbao just told Chun Xi to go send the letter and she was in her room relaxing. After Chun Xi went back, she told her the movements in the residence so she knew what Old Madam Jiang and First Madam Zhang did. She could not help but laugh.

"Lady, can it be that something bad appeared in the residence?" Chun Xi asked in worry.

Jiang Ningbao laughed, "I don't know if that happened or not, but the reason why old madam and first madam invite great masters is definitely not this."

Chun Xi was stunned and she thought back to the exclaims she heard in the Golden Longevity Hall. It seemed to be the first madam's voice. She could not keep in her curiosity and asked, "Lady, what exactly happened?"

"Sir duke's sutra." Jiang Ningbao did not tease her and told her the answer.

Chun Xi sucked in cold breath with wide rounded eyes, "Old madam and first madam actually.....actually saw the Buddhist sutra sir duke made?"

"That's right. I've told them that the sutra had sir duke's ominous energy but grandmother and oldest aunt did not believe. They stubbornly wanted to read the Buddhist sutra sir duke made," Jiang Ningbao gasped. Her pair of beautiful eyes were filled with laughter.

Chun Xi widened her mouth and after a while, she spoke dully, "Old madam and first madam are really brave."

"That's right. They're really brave. A few days ahead, oldest aunt might be bedridden and her temper will turn bad and easily angered. Old madam is better, she was not attacked much." Jiang Ningbao sighed lightly and her brows rose with a trace of worry.

Chun Xi: "....."

Her lady was becoming more amazing.

The most amazing was still sir duke. The sutra he made could make people retreat ninety kilometers.

.....

Duke Ding Residence

After Duke Ding escorted Jiang Ningbao and left, Xie Jingyi and Yang Shuqing went to Thriving Joy Hall together with Old Madam Xie.

Yang Shuqing revealed a dignified and gentle smile as she magnanimously send a jar of health preserving wine to Old Madam Xie. This jar of health preserving wine was very precious, but compared to Old Madam Xie's acknowledgement, this jar of wine was nothing.

Old Madam Xie would only live for two more years. In her life before, after Duke Ding passed away, not even two months later, Old Madam Xie also followed.

She more or less needed to wait for two more years.

In the future, the backyard of Duke Ding Residence would be her reign. In the two years, she must not make any mistake.

According to what she knew about Heir Xie these past two years, what Heir Xie felt toward Old Madam Xie and Duke Ding was more of respect and they were not close. Heir Xie was closer to Xie family's second branch.