Chapters 145 - 147

Chapter 145

On the day of Duke Ding's wedding, red clothes fluttered throughout the streets. The commoners all tied red clothes in the doors of their shops and houses to celebrate Duke Ding's wedding.

The bride welcoming group was rowdy and they were beating drums all the way. The sound of firecrackers was continuous.

Duke Ding Xie Heng was wearing bright red groom clothes, riding a horse at the front. The hard lines on his handsome face softened and his lips curved up. Even though the ominous energy still surround him, it could not cover the happiness emanating from him.

The group that beat the drums followed behind, powerful and dynamic, making not a small amount of young masters and young ladies feel admiration. Perhaps, even the crown prince marrying did not make the commoners tie red clothes in celebration.

The position of Duke Ding in the eyes of the commoners could be seen.

The commoners on both sides of the streets all wore smiles, feeling excitement. Perhaps the happy atmosphere dispersed Duke Ding's ominous energy, so the commoners on the sides of the streets did not feel unwell.

Changing Count Residence.

Time went by slowly. When the auspicious hour came, Jiang Ningbao finally heard the drum sounds from far away. Her beautiful face could not contain her tender and beautiful smile.

"Lady, the male master has arrived." Chun Xi said with excitement.

"That's right, he finally arrived."

Jiang Ningbao's heartbeat strangely beat faster and her face felt hot.

"Cover with the red veil."

The wedding servant smiled as she put on the red veil on Jiang Ningbao's head. The aunts did not want to part as they grabbed Jiang Ningbao's hand. Her cousins also surrounded her.

The noise outside became clearer and the duke had obviously arrived in the main yard. Jiang Ningbao suddenly felt nervous and her heartbeat accelerated, as if her heart wanted to jump out of her chest.

Normally, the bride had to ride on her brother's or father's back to go to the sedan. At this time, Jiang Ningbao's older brother, Jiang Jin, who kept waiting by the door came in with a joyous air.

The people in the room made a way.

"Ningbao, brother will carry you out."

Jiang Jin strode to the bed and squatted with Jiang Ningbao at his back.

Under the veil, Jiang Ningbao's lips rose to a smile and spoke with a sonorous voice, "I'll be troubling big brother." Then, under the wedding servant's help, she lied on Jiang Jin's back, letting Jiang Jin carry her out of her room.

Jiang Ningbao, who wore a big bright red wedding dress, lay on her older brother's sturdy back and heard her older brother's steady breaths. Her heart was filled with happiness, nervousness, excitement, and a slight hate to part.

Coming out of her room, the sound of firecrackers was heard again.

Jiang Jin carried his little sister out of the main courtyard and greeted Old Madam Jiang, Madam Zhang, and Count Changning.

At the side, Duke Ding Xie Heng stared at the little lady who wore a big bright red wedding dress and a red veil with a soft gaze. A faint smile rose on his cold face.

After this day, the little lady would be his little wife.

Below, the group that was the closest was Jiang Ningbao's cousins and uncles.