Chapters 97 - 99

Chapter 97

The small wind on the gates of King Rui Residence did not rise to a ripple, only decreasing the impression Yang Shuqing had on some noble ladies, official families, and noble sons.

Especially the noble ladies who liked Heir Xie. They felt that it was not worth it for him.

King Jin only looked at Yang Shuqing faintly. He used to feel that Oldest Miss Yang had money and power, her means were impressive. Now, he felt she was idiotic and he suddenly felt flat and insipid. Once he thought that the decrease in his power was related to King Qin, coldness rose in his pair of sharp eyes.

He did not hesitate to lead his guards into King Rui Residence.

Yang Shuqing suddenly looked back and stared fixedly at King Jin's tall and straight back. Her fists curled and her eyes were filled with hatred. Once she thought that Kin Jin was worried out of his mind recently, her heart felt satisfied.

"Miss Yang, let us enter." King Qin went down his horse and strode to Yang Shuqing's side as he looked intensely at her beautiful face.

Yang Shuqing thought that she was engaged and she still wanted to be the future Duchess Ding, so her reputation could not be tainted. She immediately shook her head and refused, "Thanking King Qin for the kind offer. I am now engaged, it is better to keep a distance." After saying this, she took Qian Rong and Qian Bi as she turned to enter King Rui Residence.

King Qin pursed his lips and followed in big strides as he led his people while maintaining a little distance.

The eyes of the girls who stood around the carriage shone. King Qin was hot stuff and he had Anyuan Marquis' backing. Anyuan Marquis' oldest legal daughter was not engaged to Heir Xie. For this point, King Qin was now the imperial cousin with the highest reputation to succeed the throne. A lot of big officials had silently stood on his side while recently, King Jin's forces were decreased, losing a level.

The people who could join Queen Rui's banquet all had bright minds. The noble sons and official sons were all talented youths.

Their hearts had a steelyard.

Jiang fourth miss was Duke Ding's only fiance. The current emperor was the previous emperor's legal son and he was also Duke Ding's cousin. If he did not carry poison since he was in his mother's womb and his body was fragile with no child until now, how could he designate imperial cousins?

When the previous emperor passed away before he could appoint the crown prince, as the previous emperor's only legal son, he ascended the throne with Duke Ding's backing although his body was weak since Old Madam Xie was his aunt.

So where Duke Ding leaned to was important.

Oldest Miss Yang was usually calm and smart, giving others the impression of planning strategies with a command tent. This time, it was not known if she was muddled or others, but she actually wanted to use King Qin's status and influence to step on Jiang fourth miss.

Women would get muddled once they encounter feelings.

Oldest Miss Yang was probably also like this. The noble sons and official sons who quite admired Yang Shuqing revealed a trace of disappointment.

Jiang Ningbao and the others followed little king Xiao Ran into the King Rui Residence and were dazzled by the scene inside. The fake mountain and flowing water, various buildings, and the exquisiteness and luxury all over. Aside from old servants, they met young male and female servants who were all good looking.

Jiang Ningbao: "....."

No wonder this little king Xiao Ran grew the personality of loving beauties. He grew up within an environment of good looking people so it was normal that his standards were high.