Chapters 76 - 78

Chapter 76

On the next day, the sky was bright and the yards were wet because of the rain from yesterday night. The flowers, grass, and the leaves on the trees were dripping with water droplets. The air was filled with moisture.

Duke Ding Xie Heng, who could not sleep, rose early and washed himself. He changed to a clothes of black robe and practiced martial arts in the empty space in the courtyard. His movements were sharp and fast, his figure was strong and vigorous, his steps were deep and stable, and his whole body was exuding a stern air.

After Duke Ding finished practicing martial arts, he was brimming with energy and seemed bright. The sky had gone bright.

Old Madam Xie sent people to invite Duke Ding for breakfast. The breakfast should be for three people, but after Xie Jingyi was punished with fifty wooden staves and kneeling in the ancestral hall for three days, his meals were sent to his room.

Thriving Joy Hall

Old Madam Xie and Duke Ding conversed after eating breakfast.

"A'Heng, I've thought about it yesterday night and decided to go to the palace first to get the marriage decree for you and Ningbao girl and then go to the Clear Water Temple after." Old Madam Xie drank the bowl of tea old servant Huang gave and smiled as she spoke.

Duke Ding Xie Heng heard his mother mentioning the little lady and could not help but recall his insomnia, his head was full of that lady's smile and voice. His cold and handsome face flashed with uneasiness, "Mother decides it."

Old Madam Xie's smile turned deeper.

Yesterday night, the more she thought, the more she felt that getting the girl first was better.

Who knew what would happen if they were a step late?

Ningbao girl's marriage was decided by Old Madam Jiang and Changning Countess.

From what Old Madam Xie knew of these two, if someone who had a background that was not bad, they might agree.

Around nine to eleven o'clock in the morning, a bunch of guards escorted Old Madam Xie as she left Duke Ding Residence and went to the direction of the palace.

One could see how anxious Old Madam Xie was.

After Old Madam Xie left the residence, Duke Ding Xie Heng prepared to go to the Western Suburbs out of habit, but once he thought of his mother's words, his foot stopped and he turned back to the courtyard. Butler Zhao who followed with a distance silently released a breath.

After the decree was given, Sir Duke would be someone who had a wife too. He had to adjust and could not stay at the Western Suburbs from day to night.

He needed to grow feelings with Jiang fourth miss so they could have a child earlier and gave the duke residence heir, lest it fell onto outsider's hands.

Butler Zhao was worried for Sir Duke as he walked.

Changning Count Residence

Jiang Ningbao who was thought about had a good sleep. Once she woke up, her whole body seemed glowing. After rinsing, she chose a random hair tie to tie her hair and draping outside clothes, she walked to the window. She pushed the window and her flashed with a surprise.

There was rain yesterday night and water droplets were present on the flowers and tree leaves. The morning air blew in, carrying humidity.

Within it was coldness.

"Lady, the morning wind is big, careful to not get a cold. This servant will close the windows." Chun Xi carried a box of food as she entered. She saw her lady standing by the window and could not help but chatter. After putting the breakfast on the table, she took a pouch with a stem of plum blossom and gave it to her lady.