Chapter 49 - 51

Chapter 49

Chun Xi followed from the back as she trembled in fear, her heart silently admiring her lady for being able to stand next to Duke Ding without batting an eyelid. She then remembered the word her lady spoke before.

"Maybe I and Duke Ding are a match made in heaven."

Chun Xi thought, maybe her lady would really get married to Duke Ding, becoming the duchess and let Heir Xie regret. Thinking like this, Chun Xi became happy.

She no longer felt that Duke Ding was scary.

But she still did not dare to get near. Her lady was indeed fierce, she was not scared of a person like Duke Ding.

The land Duke Ding Residence claimed was very big. After walking through the fake mountain and veranda. On the way, the fragrance of flowers was apparent. The servants in the residence were mainly soldiers and a little part was female servants and old female servants. Seeing Duke Ding coming back to the residence, they all greeted him with respect, and then they all stared tongue-tied as the expressionless Duke Ding conversed with the delicate beauty by his side.

They wondered who this lady was, actually not fearing the duke.

Maybe Duke Ding Residence would soon welcome a new female master.

Thinking like this, the gaze the servants used to look at Jiang Ningbao silently carried respect.

Duke Ding Xie Heng noticed the change with the servants and his steps slowed and walked shoulder to shoulder with the little lady with no expression.

Duke Ding Residence, Thriving Joy Hall

The incense in the hall wafted into the air. Aside from old servant Huang, all the servants were instructed to get out.

Old Madam Xie whose hair was all white elegantly sat on the purple wingceltis wooden armchair carved with luan bird pattern. She wore a cyan satisfactory dress and her hair was combed neatly. Her pair of eyes were bright and sharp, her whole self seemed spirited.

"Is she not here yet?" Old Madam Xie stretched her neck to look at the main door once in a whole and asked anxiously.

Old servant Huang shook her head and she infused the teapot with water for the old madam and smiled, "Old madam, the duke and Jiang fourth miss met at the main gate and they are walking here together."

"According to Xie Qi, the duke even spoke about the matter of the battlefield to Jiang fourth miss."

Old Madam Xie was moved and could not help but blurt out the secret she kept for the past twenty years, "It seems that Jiang family's little lady is really the fated person for my son."

The high monk once said that only the fated person would not be affected by A'Heng's ominous air.

Old servant Huang widened her eyes and she felt muddled.

"Fated person?"

"After A'Heng was born, the high monk in Clear Water Temple sent a paper with the claim that said A'Heng's ominous energy is too strong and could not live past his prime, but there is a single way out. As long as he met his fated person, then he would be wealthy and high-ranking with children and grandchildren."

"A pity that the high monk went out to travel ten years ago and has not returned. I am not sure if Jiang family's little lady is my son's fated person or not. A few days back, I went to Clear Water Temple to invite Monk Gao to read Jiang family's little lady's eight characters. Monk Gao said that Jiang family's eight lady is very special and very matching with my son's."