Chapter 16 - 18

Chapter 16

Old servant Yang's face was very ugly and she was trembling in anger.

This weak and timid fourth miss actually.....dared to shred the book madam sent to her! How dare she!

The servants around her were shocked with their eyes bulging.

Their hearts was guessing that the fourth miss might be stimulated too much from the annulment of her engagement.

Yes, it must be like this. The few servants who were informative had known that the fourth miss said in front of the old madam that even if she would die marrying over, she would have no regrets.

Fourth miss was seeking death, ah.

The hearts of the servant girls trembled. Don't look at fourth miss' soft and gentle appearance. If she hardened her heart, she would be terrifying.

Jiang Ningbao fixed her eyes at old servant Yang and as if she did not notice old servant Yang's sunk face, she smiled a little but her voice turned ice cold, "Old servant Yang, you go back and tell oldest aunt. Women Commandment this kind of thing, how many she send will be how many I shred."

Old servant Yang glared at Jiang Ningbao and left with the servant girls furiously.

Jiang Ningbao sipped her fragrant tea. She did not think that oldest aunt would act so quickly. If it was old madam who sent it over, she would not shred it but feigned compliance.

This old servant Yang.....bully people by flaunting her powerful connection. A fake tiger.

From a few years back from the moment her daughter wanted to get into her father's bed and failed, then sold mercilessly, old servant Yang hated the second branch. When dad was still here, she did not dare to do anything. After her parents 'died' and she, the second branch's miss, lost her backing, old servant Yang became brave from the support of Madam Zhang.

She also did some things in the dark against her.

Jiang Ningbao smiled coldly in her heart.

Right then, there was the sound of footsteps outside. Not long later, someone knocked on the door, seemingly unsettled.

"Fourth sister, are you here?"

Jiang Ningbao did not think that her fifth sister Jiang Mingyao would visit her.

"You may enter."

Fifth sister was, how should she put it, a person with a cool personality and her morals were not screwed. She did not resemble Madam Zhang at all, but in this era of parents being the matchmaker, she had to marry Xie Jingyi's legitimate little brother in the end.

In the book, after she got married, because of her guilt toward Jiang Ningbao, she secretly helped Jiang Ningbao many times.

And then after she was found out by Xie Jingyi and the female lead, Jiang Mingyao who had not given birth to any child was schemed and detested by her husband. She was sent to a monastery and became a nun.

Jiang Ningbao sighed.

Sometimes, you shouldn't be too straight as a person.

Chapter 17

Jiang Mingyao came in alone and when she saw the shredded pages of a book on the floor, her face showed her stunned emotion. She looked the the shredded pages and found out that the book was Woman Commandment.

Thinking back to her meeting old servant Yang on her way here, Jiang Mingyao's heart sunk and she pursed her lips. Her cool voice carried a trace of apology.