Chapters 61 - 63

Chapter 61

These two words stabbed into Heir Xie's heart as if they were sharp knives. His body shook and his pupils contracted. He thought back to when he knelt in the Thriving Joy Hall for the matter of annulling the engagement. It seemed that this matter angered his adopted father.

No wonder his adopted father returned at this time to the residence.

Unjust.....

Heir Xie raised his head to look at the feeble and beautiful girl with a gentle and refined smile who stood next to his adopted father again.

Adopted father was helping her find justice!

Heir Xie swiftly knelt after knowing the reason for his adopted father's anger.

"Please give me punishment, father."

The guards behind him were all staring with wide eyes.

Sir heir admitted to it.

If this was spread, then won't that cut off the heir's path?

Chun Xi, Butler Zhao, and the others also witnessed this scene.

Especially Chun Xi. She did not think that she would one day witness Heir Xie kneeling and admitting his wrong. Her heart was very happy and her eyes could not help but lift a little.

Butler Zhao's gaze was indifferent.

In his eyes, sir heir was indeed not filial. The old madam's body was not good but he still knelt to force the old madam.

Jiang Ningbao lifted her brow. Her calm gaze stared at Heir Xie who was kneeling and thought silently that this male lead was decisive and not sly. He was good in other aspects but when managing the matter of engagement, he went back on his principles and became ungrateful.

It was indeed as Duke Ding Xie Heng said.

Unjust.

Jiang Ningbao did not feel pity at all toward him, only satisfaction in her heart.

At the moment, she was a bit curious as to how the duke would punish Heir Xie. If she did not remember it wrong, Heir Xie was a real sixth rank five cities military forces commander, responsible for the capital's security.

Like this, the range of the punishment became a lot smaller.

"The punishment will be fifty beating with wooden staves, kneel in the ancestral hall for three days straight." Duke Ding Xie Heng saw that his adopted son did not try to quibble and directly admitted his wrong so he retracted the dominance and ominous energy while telling him the punishments in a cold voice.

If it were not because his adopted son had an important job, the punishment won't be that light.

Once the punishment was spoken, Heir Xie heaved a sigh of relief in his heart. He lowered his head and respectfully said, "Son accepts the punishment!"

Duke Ding giving punishment, Jiang Ningbao saw it calmly, her brows did not even move. Unfortunately, this was within the area of Duke Ding Residence. Aside from the people carried by Yang Shuqing, there was no other official passing by.

The male lead's luck was good.

But today was the day Heir Xie got engaged, he got punished by Duke Ding Xie Heng fifty wooden staves instead. Having blood poured on this day, she was happy thinking about it.

Jiang Ningbao's eyes stared at the carriage not far from them that had its curtain open. Her lips curved to a faint smile.

Yang Shuqing could not sit back anymore.