Chapter 31-33

Chapter 31

Once these words came out, the hall was silent. The people there could felt their hearts beating.

They were all curious what Jiang Ningbao would ask.

Old Madam Jiang, Changning Count, and Madam Zhang all turned their gazes on Jiang Ningbao. They all frowned, worrying that she would use a trick.

Seeing Jiang Ningbao being not slow and not fast, not angry nor ashamed, the side branch madams' eyes flashed. Perhaps they would be wrong and this fourth miss was eccentric.

Butler Zhao's eyes had interest in them and said, "Jiang fourth miss, please ask."

"The first thing is, I want to ask who will get Duke Ding Residence's compensation of fifth rank official position?" Jiang Ningbao curved her lips and asked in a soft voice.

Once the words were spoke, Old Madam Jiang and Changning Count's expression slightly sunk.

Butler Zhao looked at Jiang fourth miss in surprise and answered truthfully, "It will fall to the count."

Jiang Ningbao's brows were slightly knitted and her face unconsciously showed delicateness, making people unbearable to upset her. She pretended to be confused.

"I remember that this fifth rank official position is compensation for the engagement annulment, right?"

"So shouldn't this fifth rank official position fall to the hands of my biological brother, Jiang Jin? My older brother is already eighteen and he had passed the scholar examination and in preparation for the provincial examination."

"Based on what?"

Madam Zhang's heart was in panic and she was afraid that Butler Zhao would change his mind. She glared at Jiang Ningbao and blurted out.

The eyes of Old Madam Jiang who was composed turned cold and glared at Madam Zhang who jumped out in impatience with unhappiness.

What an idiot.

Where was the calculation she had usually?

The eyes of Changning Count, Jiang Dongming, flashed with unhappiness and his heart was dissatisfied. In his eyes, this niece was ignorant. She was not even aware of Dayue Dynasty's rules and made a fool of herself.

"Fourth girl, according to Dayue Rules, official positions can be upgraded. My official position is sixth rank now and the upgrade would be fifth rank position. So no descendants of the noble family is allowed a rank higher than sixth rank."

After Changning Count said this, Madam Zhang realized what an idiotic act she did and she saw the ridicule from the eyes of the side branch madams and the old madam's cold gaze. Her face changed whiter.

Jiang Ningbao was stunned.

No wonder her older brother's letter did not mention the official rank. So older brother already knew that this position won't fall on him.

But the events in the book was not like this. The fifth rank official fell to Madam Zhang's second son and also her second cousin, Jiang Yue. How could it be her oldest uncle now?

Jiang Ningbao could not help but recall the memories of that transmigrator and reviewed the content of the book. It seemed that she was careless and confused the timeline.

Chapter 32

The Jiang Ningbao in the book did not agree to annulling the engagement no matter what and she blackened then framed the female lead, dragging the time to one year and becoming the book's biggest venomous canon fodder and the female and male leads' emotion catalytic agent.