Chapters 103 - 105

Chapter 103

Butler Zhao saw the duke seriously flipping the book with a gratified and satisfied face. It's not in vain that he found all these books. In the future, the duke won't create a silly incident like the heart problem incident.

Xie Qi looked on with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. The duke actually looked at those unqualified books with such seriousness. The tall and big image of Duke Ding in his heart cracked a bit.

Who would know that the book Duke Ding was reading, "Official Lady and Handsome Husband", was talking about the story of a daughter of an official daring to love and hate and chase a poor but handsome guy.

This made Duke Ding thought of his little lady who dared to flirt and his lips curved a little.

The little lady must have read the book.

Duke Ding suddenly became interested in the novels and he read them with an attitude to study.

This could be said as luck.

If Duke Ding read another book, "Du Second Son Monopolize Queen of Flowers", he won't be this serious or read it with an attitude to learn.

He might even throw these books to the trash can.

A burn of incense later, Duke Ding had read the whole book and put it on the table as he descended into thoughts with a grave expression, as if he was thinking about life.

Xie Qi stealthily looked at the cover of the book Duke Ding read and silently heaved a sigh of relief. So it was a normal book, no wonder the duke had no reaction.

A moment later, Duke Ding Xie Heng's voice rang in the silent room.

"Xie Qi, from tomorrow on, send a basket of fresh fruits to Jiang fourth miss everyday."

He gave a basket everyday, it was more than the handsome guy in the novel by a lot. The little lady would be happier when she received the fresh fruits he sent.

Duke Ding Xie Heng thought happily.

Xie Qi immediately accepted the order respectfully. Butler Zhao was happy in his heart. The duke took the initiative to send Jiang fourth miss fruits. This was the start of enlightenment. He suddenly felt that it was the right action to find those books.

He would be better in the future.

When he left the main courtyard, Butler Zhao felt that the wind carried his feet. His mood was very good.

.....

When she arrived back at Changning Count Residence, Jiang Ningbao had not released a breath before an old servant came to report.

Old Madam Jiang wanted to meet her.

Jiang Ningbao could only lead a bunch of servants to Golden Longevity Hall and let them standby by the door. Jiang Ningbao tidied herself and lifted her skirt as she stepped in the hall.

The atmosphere in the hall was oppressive and the servants in the hall all lowered their head, not daring to breathe too loudly. They all trembled with fear.

The face of Old Madam Jiang who was sitting on the high chair was dark. The servant by her side, Hong Xing, also had no smile on her face.

Jiang Ningbao's eyes flashed with suspicion. Could something happen in Changning Count Residence? But when she arrived, the servants all did their jobs and it was not like something happened. She thought it over as she stepped forward and greeted Old Madam Jiang.

"Greeting grandmother!"

Old Madam Jiang restrained her gaze and her sharp eyes stared at Jiang Ningbao's face fixedly. She spoke coldly, "Fourth girl, your oldest uncle suddenly fainted at noon during lunch."