Married To The Male Lead's Fa...

By Xxiant

**Dropped** Photo and Story Not Mine - for offline reading purposes only. Credits to the rightful owner *****... More

Chapter 1 - 3
Chapter 4 - 6
Chapter 7 - 9
Chapter 10-12
Chapter 13 - 15
Chapter 16 - 18
Chapter 19-21
Chapter 22-24
Chapter 25-27
Chapter 28-30
Chapter 31-33
Chapter 34-36
Chapter 37 - 39
Chapter 40 - 42
Chapter 43 - 45
Chapter 46 - 48
Chapter 49 - 51
Chapter 52 - 54
Chapter 55 - 57
Chapter 58 - 60
Chapters 61 - 63
Chapters 64 - 66
Chapters 67 - 69
Chapters 70 - 72
Chapters 73 -75
Chapters 76 - 78
Chapters 79 - 81
Chapters 85 - 87
Chapters 88 - 90
Chapter 91 -92
Chapters 93 - 95
Chapters 97 - 99
Chapters 100 - 102
Chapters 103 - 105
Chapters 106 - 108
Chapters 109 - 111
Chapters 112 - 114
Chapters 115 - 117
Chapters 118 - 120
Chapters 121 - 123
Chapters 124 - 126
Chapters 127 - 129
Chapters 130 - 132
Chapters 133 - 135
Chapters 136 - 138
Chapters 139 -141
Chapters 142 - 144
Chapters 145 - 147
Chapters 148 -150
Chapters 151 - 153

Chapters 82 - 84

384 17 0
By Xxiant

Chapter 82

In the book, under Madam Zhang's instigation, he would ruin 'Jiang Ningbao's' innocence because 'Jiang Ningbao's' reputation was in tatters and she only had a disabled older brother.

Her power was little.

Now, she was given a marriage decree by the emperor to marry Duke Ding and was the time when she had the most attention.

Zhang Zhan would target a different person. Jiang Ningbao felt rather regretful. Maybe some people would feel that in the novel, he ruined 'Jiang Ningbao's' innocence and he needed to be severely punished.

Not punishing was unfair to the novel's 'Jiang Ningbao'.

Taking preventive measures was alright, but Jiag Ningbao was not someone with strong viciousness. Even though she had struggled in the apocalypse for ten more years, her heart still kept that bottom line and clearness.

Now, Zhang Zhan had just started hitting on her. A little lesson was alright.

But Zhang Zhan using his own marriage as a chess piece to fuel his ambition to climb higher would one day make him get in big trouble.

Returning to the courtyard, Bai Mei and the other servant girls were more respectful than usual.

Jiang Ningbao only glanced at them faintly. This glance made Bai Mei and the others sweat and felt regret. If they knew that fourth lady would be this fortunate, they would take fourth lady's side.

Fourth lady's standing within Changning Count Residence rose drastically right now.

Bai Mei and the other glanced at the trusted female servant by fourth lady's side, Chun Xi, in admiration. They felt envy. This Chun Xi really got lucky.

The most obvious change was the lunch she had consisted of five big menus, four small dishes, and a delicious old duckling soup. The menus filled the whole table.

The dishes were fragrant and made people salivate.

Jiang Ningbao calmly ate her lunch. This lunch was only recovered to how it was when her parents were still alive, even Chun Xi did not feel happy.

When she was eating lunch, Zhang Zhan whose body hurt all over acted like how Jiang Ningbao expected. After knowing that Jiang fourth miss was given a marriage decree to Duke Ding, he was first astonished and then fearful. Though he was not resigned, he could not throw away the initial plan.

As for his aunt's plan to 'ruin innocence' to force Jiang fourth miss to get married to him, Zhang Zhan who liked to rise through the current threw it at the back of his mind.

He's still young and he had a future. He won't ruin it for one Jiang fourth miss. No matter how beautiful Jiang fourth miss was and no matter how generous her dowry was, he could not let Dongping Count Residence who was tied to him get dragged down the water.

He did not care if his aunt would get angry. Dongping Count Residence was more important than a girl's dowry.

.....

The news of Jiang fourth miss getting a marriage decree to Duke Ding traveled all over the capital as if it had grown wings. The various noble families were all shocked.

Changning Count Residence's Jiang fourth miss went from a pitiful girl whose engagement was annulled to being the fiancee of Duke Ding with a marriage decree and stepped on her former fiance's head.

The whole capital was shocked.

This day, hundreds of noble ladies were envious and admired Jiang Ningbao. No matter how envious and admired they were, they could only congratulate her sincerely.

Who let Jiang fourth miss be the only girl who could get close to Duke Ding? Aside from her, who could get married to Duke Ding?

This was not something they could get from envying and admiring.

The women who used to like Duke Ding had now become wives and when they heard this news, their hearts rose with faint melancholy, but they mostly felt relief and gave their blessing.

Because they were not that lucky one.

THe commoners in the capital were dancing in joy. Their Dayue dynasty's war deity finally had a wife! This was worthy of celebration to thank heaven, and the emperor to not let Duke Ding get old by himself.

Although a few strict traditional people would scold that this did not conform to the traditions, no one minded them. The status Duke Ding had in the Dayue Dynasty was unshakable.

The whole capital was in a joyful atmosphere.

But under this atmosphere, Madam Zhang who had arrived in the temple not long ago heard this 'bad' news and could not breathe, almost fainting. This shocked the servants by her side.

Yang Shuqing in Anyuan Marquis Residence also did not feel any joy.

There was a 'pah' sound.

Yang Shuqing violently threw the teacup in her hand to the ground. Her pair of beautiful eyes were ablaze with envy and the bottom of her eyes were filled with shocking anger and feelings of not resigned.

Chapter 83

The moment she saw Jiang Ningbao standing next to Duke Ding and knowing that Old Madam Xie orally made an engagement, Yang Shuqing was mentally prepared.

To ruin this disgusting marriage, Yang Shuqing already had a plan but before she executed it, the emperor had bestowed a marriage decree.....marriage decree.....

She began thinking that she would have to lower her head to Jiang Ningbao in the future and she might even have to pay respect everyday to her and be put in hard situations by her. And that if Jiang Ningbao gave birth to any child, Jingyi's heir position would be given to another and the position of Duke Ding would fall to another's hand.

Yang Shuqing only felt that the ground was spinning and that the future was bleak. She went out of breath and blood went through her throat.

Rather than getting married to Xie Jingyi, it was better to be the imperial family's concubine.

Living once more, this one was worse than the previous. What was she tossing around for?

Thinking of her personal enemies laughing at her in the dark, Yang Shuqing's eyes became red and smashed the porcelains in her room as if she had gone crazy. In the end, she even smashed a chair which shocked her trusted servant girls Qian Rong and Qian Bi who did not even dare to breathe loudly.

In the big room, everything was a mess filled with smashed fragments and water stains.

After venting it out, the envy and anger in Yang Shuqing's heart still did not lessen but increased instead. Her eyes flashed with shocking fury and coldness as she wanted so badly to cut Jiang Ningbao into eight pieces.

Outside, Anyuan Marquis stood in front of the door with a gloomy face. The old servants stood trembling at the side as they all moaned in their hearts and hoped that the oldest miss would calm down.

After a while, Anyuan Marquis slammed open the door and entered in strides. Her eyes swept through the broken fragments on the ground and his oldest daughter's red and crazy looking eyes with an angry face.

"Qing'er, enough! Look at how you look like right now."

After seeing her father enter, Yang Shuqing's body stiffened and her mind suddenly cleared. The craziness on her face receded and she stared at her angry father with red eyes as she shouted in grief and indignation.

"Dad, I'm not resigned. I am Anyuan Marquis Residence's oldest legal daughter being suppressed by a girl from a very small count residence, especially she had her engagement annulled by Jingyi. After marrying into Duke Ding Residence, she would set up rules and after she gave birth to Duke Ding's children, where can there be any place for me and Jingyi? Dad, I.....I cannot stand this."

Anyuan Marquis also did not think that Duke Ding would suddenly get married and he never even thought that Jiang fourth miss who he never placed in her eyes could get close to Duke Ding.

But hearing his oldest daughter mentioning children, Anyuan Marquis suddenly laughed loudly.

"Qing'er, rest assured, Jiang fourth miss cannot gave birth to Duke Ding's children. Later, Duke Ding's position will be inherited by Heir Xie."

Yang Shuqing was stunned and looked at Anyuan Marquis confusement. She asked anxiously, "Dad, what do you mean?"

"Not many people know this, but dad is one of them. When Duke Ding first went to the battlefield, he was accidentally shot by an enemy country's general with a poisonous arrow. He retained his life, but there was a problem with children. So even if Duke Ding will get married, the probability of him having children is little. In the future, Duke Ding Residence will be yours and Heir Xie's."

Anyuan Marquis smiled and gave his oldest daughter relief.

Yang Shuqing was astonished. There was actually such a matter. Initially, she wanted to prevent Jiang Ningbao from getting pregnant if she could not stop Jiang Ningbao from marrying and only waiting for two years, Duke Ding would be gone. She could slowly get rid of Jiang Ningbao by then. She did not think that Duke Ding's body was problematic.

This was really helping her.

Yang Shuqing's heart was happy and she had a schadenfreude smile. The stifled feelings in her chest disappeared and she looked spirited.

The two servants at the side lowered their heads. They did not think that they would hear such a secret so they did their best to appear invisible.

"Qing'er, you must be stable right now, don't do anything impulsive." Anyuan Marquis ordered, not feeling assured.

Yang Shuqing nodded calmly and her confidence was back on her face. She smiled slightly, "Dad, daughter understands. Small things cannot ruin the bigger plan. I will be careful and won't let others catch my weakness."

The probability was small, but it did not mean that it was impossible.

Yang Shuqing still did not feel assured, but this was easier than preventing Jiang Ningbao from getting pregnant.

Anyuan Marquis then left with his heart assured.

Chapter 84

On the day of the bestowal of marriage decree, it was a suitable day for marriage or proposal.

At noon, Duke Ding personally led his black clothed personal guards to propose in a rowdy manner.

There were a total of one hundred and eight boxes of proposal gifts.

The proposing group went through a long road from Duke Ding Residence to Changning Count Residence, attracting the attention of the whole capital's people.

"Good guy, this grand of a proposal group, only when imperial family members marrying their legal wife would have!"

"You guys forgot that Jiang fourth miss might even be Duke Ding's one and only woman. Old Madam Xie definitely places great importance on this. The marriage occasion later on will be grander."

"Does anyone know the date of the marriage? I anticipate their marriage so much."

"Me too! When Jiang fourth miss had her engagement annulled by Heir Xie that time, who would've thought that there would be this kind of change? This is the emperor's marriage decree. Jiang fourth miss is fortunate."

"Indeed."

"Now, Heir Xie has to call his ex-fiancee mom. What a sight!"

"Haha, I wonder how Heir Xie is feeling right now?"

There were people laughing in the crowd and looking at the show.

The proposing group arrived in Changning Count Residence with Duke Ding personally leading. This not only shocked Changning Count, but also Old Madam Jiang.

They thought that the proposal would come after deciding on the marriage date. They did not think that after getting the marriage decree in the evenight, the proposal would be at noon. Wasn't this speed too fast?

Old Madam Jiang was old and Duke Ding emitted ominous energy so she held it in and did not go out. She only sent a few old servants and male servants to report to her the situation, but the males of Changning Count Residence all lined up to welcome him.

Hearing this news, Jiang Ningbao secretly rushed to a secret corner in the front gates. She could see Duke Ding who was the most eye-catching in the group and her eyes lit up. Her lips subconsciously lifted.

Today, Duke Ding Xie Heng wore a silver red gown and his hair was lightly tied. His features were cold and handsome with a straight body and iron bones. He seemed even more handsome than usual and his air was sharp and deep, especially his pair of eyes that had ominous energy. No one dared to meet eye to eye with him.

Duke Ding got off his horse and walked forward steadily. The surrounding air became dark and cold. He was not near but that forceful coldness hit one's face.

The people waiting at the gates could not help but stepped back.

A black clothed guard personally handed the gift list.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming and his two legal sons took the list in fear and trepidation. The invited Duke Ding in but did not dare to get near.

"Sir duke, please enter."

"Mm."

Duke Ding Xie Heng expressionlessly nodded and entered Changning Count Residence in strides. The tidy and stern black clothed personal guards followed behind. Changning Count Jiang Dongming's forehead sweated and called servants to put the betrothal gifts in Jiang Ningbao's courtyard.

His heart was dripping blood.

Especially after looking at the gifts list. He was so envious that his eyes turned red.

Tens of high quality silk, boxes of silver, gold, jades, porcelains, and pearls, also precious herbs, make-up, and others.

The servants in Changning Count Residence were shocked agape by the boxes of betrothal gifts.

Chun Xi was very excited.

"Lady, Duke Ding places great importance in you. Heir Xie was not this grand when proposing to Anyuan Marquis Residence."

Jiang Ningbao glanced at Chun Xi and her smile was beautiful and moving. "My eyesight is the best. It's just when the male is proposing, the female could not be present."

Saying this, Jiang Ningbao's beautiful eyes flashed with a trace of pity.

"Lady, won't this servant call Duke Ding as male master?" Chun Xi suddenly thought of this and asked with joy.

A smile rose in Jiang Ningbao's eyes and she agreed, "You should indeed call him master." Then, her fiery gaze was fixed on Duke Ding who emitted cold and gloomy air not far from her. Her lips kept lifting up.

Suddenly, Duke Ding Xie Heng who was wearing a silver and red gown sensed something and turned his head suddenly. His sharp and cold gaze flew to the small corner she was.

A familiar beautiful face entered his eyes.

So the little lady secretly looked at him. The little lady also noticed his action and even blinked her eyes at him with a naughty smile.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's steps halted and his ominous eyes subconsciously softened. He turned his head and walked to the main hall. His mind was thinking that the little lady was quite lively.

Until Duke Ding's figure left, Jiang Ningbao reluctantly retracted her gaze. Chun Xi at her side happily spoke in a low voice, "Lady, this servant just counted. One hundred and eight boxes of betrothal gifts. A total of one hundred and eight boxes."

"Imperial family's betrothal gifts are one hundred and twenty-eight boxes at the most. Who does not admire the lady for having this fortune?" Chun Xi felt proud and elated and her voice was excited and moved as if she had part of it too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 20.1K 59
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
138K 7.6K 40
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ πŽπ… π“π‡π„πˆπ‘ π…π€πˆπ“π‡ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ Aarohi and Siddharth's tale began unexpectedly at her brother's wedding. Their connection spa...
1.2M 66.2K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
463K 26.2K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...