Married To The Male Lead's Fa...

By Xxiant

**Dropped** Photo and Story Not Mine - for offline reading purposes only. Credits to the rightful owner *****... More

Chapter 1 - 3
Chapter 4 - 6
Chapter 7 - 9
Chapter 10-12
Chapter 13 - 15
Chapter 16 - 18
Chapter 19-21
Chapter 22-24
Chapter 25-27
Chapter 28-30
Chapter 31-33
Chapter 34-36
Chapter 37 - 39
Chapter 40 - 42
Chapter 43 - 45
Chapter 46 - 48
Chapter 49 - 51
Chapter 52 - 54
Chapter 55 - 57
Chapter 58 - 60
Chapters 61 - 63
Chapters 64 - 66
Chapters 67 - 69
Chapters 70 - 72
Chapters 73 -75
Chapters 79 - 81
Chapters 82 - 84
Chapters 85 - 87
Chapters 88 - 90
Chapter 91 -92
Chapters 93 - 95
Chapters 97 - 99
Chapters 100 - 102
Chapters 103 - 105
Chapters 106 - 108
Chapters 109 - 111
Chapters 112 - 114
Chapters 115 - 117
Chapters 118 - 120
Chapters 121 - 123
Chapters 124 - 126
Chapters 127 - 129
Chapters 130 - 132
Chapters 133 - 135
Chapters 136 - 138
Chapters 139 -141
Chapters 142 - 144
Chapters 145 - 147
Chapters 148 -150
Chapters 151 - 153

Chapters 76 - 78

368 14 0
By Xxiant

Chapter 76

On the next day, the sky was bright and the yards were wet because of the rain from yesterday night. The flowers, grass, and the leaves on the trees were dripping with water droplets. The air was filled with moisture.

Duke Ding Xie Heng, who could not sleep, rose early and washed himself. He changed to a clothes of black robe and practiced martial arts in the empty space in the courtyard. His movements were sharp and fast, his figure was strong and vigorous, his steps were deep and stable, and his whole body was exuding a stern air.

After Duke Ding finished practicing martial arts, he was brimming with energy and seemed bright. The sky had gone bright.

Old Madam Xie sent people to invite Duke Ding for breakfast. The breakfast should be for three people, but after Xie Jingyi was punished with fifty wooden staves and kneeling in the ancestral hall for three days, his meals were sent to his room.

Thriving Joy Hall

Old Madam Xie and Duke Ding conversed after eating breakfast.

"A'Heng, I've thought about it yesterday night and decided to go to the palace first to get the marriage decree for you and Ningbao girl and then go to the Clear Water Temple after." Old Madam Xie drank the bowl of tea old servant Huang gave and smiled as she spoke.

Duke Ding Xie Heng heard his mother mentioning the little lady and could not help but recall his insomnia, his head was full of that lady's smile and voice. His cold and handsome face flashed with uneasiness, "Mother decides it."

Old Madam Xie's smile turned deeper.

Yesterday night, the more she thought, the more she felt that getting the girl first was better.

Who knew what would happen if they were a step late?

Ningbao girl's marriage was decided by Old Madam Jiang and Changning Countess.

From what Old Madam Xie knew of these two, if someone who had a background that was not bad, they might agree.

Around nine to eleven o'clock in the morning, a bunch of guards escorted Old Madam Xie as she left Duke Ding Residence and went to the direction of the palace.

One could see how anxious Old Madam Xie was.

After Old Madam Xie left the residence, Duke Ding Xie Heng prepared to go to the Western Suburbs out of habit, but once he thought of his mother's words, his foot stopped and he turned back to the courtyard. Butler Zhao who followed with a distance silently released a breath.

After the decree was given, Sir Duke would be someone who had a wife too. He had to adjust and could not stay at the Western Suburbs from day to night.

He needed to grow feelings with Jiang fourth miss so they could have a child earlier and gave the duke residence heir, lest it fell onto outsider's hands.

Butler Zhao was worried for Sir Duke as he walked.

Changning Count Residence

Jiang Ningbao who was thought about had a good sleep. Once she woke up, her whole body seemed glowing. After rinsing, she chose a random hair tie to tie her hair and draping outside clothes, she walked to the window. She pushed the window and her flashed with a surprise.

There was rain yesterday night and water droplets were present on the flowers and tree leaves. The morning air blew in, carrying humidity.

Within it was coldness.

"Lady, the morning wind is big, careful to not get a cold. This servant will close the windows." Chun Xi carried a box of food as she entered. She saw her lady standing by the window and could not help but chatter. After putting the breakfast on the table, she took a pouch with a stem of plum blossom and gave it to her lady.

"Lady, this servant met the fifth lady's trusted servant girl on the way. She gave this servant a pouch, saying that the fifth lady gave this."

Jiang Ningbao moved to the side of the table and took the pouch. There was a letter inside. She took it out and the words were fifth sister's, Jiang Mingyao's, writing, graceful and pretty.

After seeing it, Jiang Ningbao kept the letter and her face flashed with a trace of complexity and then she sighed.

Jiang Ningbao was still that good lady with normal moral views, but her heart inclined to First Madam Zhang because she was her biological mother. Her biological mother suddenly got sick because of the sutra Duke Ding made, it was normal that her heart had resentment.

After a night, Jiang Mingyao thought it through. Fish and bear paw could not unite. The conflicts between first branch and second branch was not something that could vanish just because of a few words. Moreover, Madam Zhang agreed with all her might for the engagement annulment that time.

The guilt in her heart won.

Jiang Mingyao decided to do as Jiang Ningbao said, only contacting Jiang Ningbao a little, being a little closer than strangers.

Actually, Jiang Mingyao was just a sixteen years old little lady and was raised to be innocent by Madam Zhang. Her personality was good, but Jiang Ningbao had expected too high from Jiang Mingyao so she felt disappointed.

Moreover, she still did not know that her own mother was scheming for her fourth sister's dowry.

"Being just acquainted is good."

"Lady, are you alright?" Chun Xi closed the window and looked at her silent lady. She could not help but ask in worry.

Jiang Ningbao smiled and said, "Nothing, only sighing with emotion." After saying this, she started to eat breakfast. Today's breakfast was chicken shred bird nest soup, crispy fritter, vegetable filled stuffed bun, and fried dumpling. They were simple and delicate, making one's appetite grow.

Chapter 77

After eating breakfast, Jiang Ningbao changed into a goose yellow long dress to greet Old Madam Jiang in Golden Longevity Hall and then to send off First Madam Zhang in the main courtyard.

Because it was raining yesterday, the air was moist, clear and delightful.

She went to the Golden Longevity Hall together with Chun Xi. Old Madam Jiang who just had her breakfast heard that fourth girl was coming and the smile on her face stiffened. A moment later, she said, "Let her in."

Once Jiang Ningbao came in, she greeted Old Madam Jiang, "Greeting grandmother."

Old Madam Jiang's eyelid twitches and her tone was indifferent as she asked, "Fourth girl, come over and sit. Why have you come today?"

Jiang Ningbao sat below Old Madam Jiang and Hong Xing at the side poured her tea. Her plum lips pursed and the hand holding the cup tightened. Her eyes were a bit dodgy as it revealed a trace of fear. After a moment of hesitation, she bit her lips.

"Grandmother, granddaughter had a terrifying nightmare yesterday night."

Old Madam Jiang frowned and spoke unhappily, "Making a fuss about nothing. It's only a nightmare, who never had a nightmare?" This fourth girl came over early in the morning just to say that she had a nightmare. Old Madam Jiang's face was full of unhappiness.

Now, once she saw fourth girl, she would feel stifled.

Old Madam Jiang was clear on Madam Zhang's condition and until now, her heart was still thinking about it. She did not have a good sleep yesterday. Not only once did she feel it was fortunate that Madam Zhang stole the chance to open the Buddhist sutra, if not..... If not, the one lying on the bed would be her.

Living up to this age, Old Madam Jiang cherished her life very much.

Her heart disliked fourth girl, but she detested Madam Zhang even more.

Fortunately, Madam Zhang lifted a rock to smash her feet.

Jiang Ningbao lifted her head to look at the servants in the Golden Longevity Hall. Her pair of beautiful eyes revealed deep worry, "Grandmother, this nightmare is different, it concerns the oldest uncle."

Once Old Madam Jiang heard that it was related to her oldest son, her eyes looked at her granddaughter in suspicion. In the end, she gestured for the servants to get away and only left her trusted servant, Hong Xing. She stared fixedly on Jiang Ningbao, "Fourth girl, speak, how is this nightmare different?"

"Grandmother, I dreamed that.....that oldest uncle was strangled by a big snake....."

Old Madam Jiang's eyes contracted, "And then?"

"And then.....And then because the oldest uncle was squeezed too tightly by this big snake, he fainted and did not wake up for a long time. And then this big snake suddenly changed into Sir Zhang Zhan's figure, then granddaughter woke up in fear."

Jiang Ningbao clutched at the small teacup. The more she spoke, she paler and the more terrified her face was.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming suddenly fainting was only described a little in the novel. It happened half a month after Duke Ding Residence visited to annul 'Jiang Ningbao's' engagement. It was only a few days from now.

Jiang Ningbao formulated a plan. First, manufacture and dig a pit for Zhang Zhan, lest Madam Zhang made a raft out of it like in the novel and schemed a play to entrap her older brother Jiang Jin.

Cut off his road of imperial examination.

Before the provincial examination, what one should abstain the most was diverting one's attention. Madam Zhang knew that her older brother was smart and had the most chance to get pass, so she caused problems to trouble her older brother, letting him unable to focus. In the novel, 'Jiang Ningbao' was used several times to give blows to her older brother Jiang Jin by Madam Zhang.

What Jiang Ningbao wanted to do was to prevent those problems.

Zhang Zhan had impure intentions from the start. One who had such impure intention to scheme for her dowry, Jiang Ningbao did not have any guilt in scheming against him.

If he did not appear before her, Jiang Ningbao would only ignore his existence.

But it was different now.

Zhang Zhan already had such ideas.

Thinking of the gazes Zhang Zhan used to look at her, it was obvious that he had thought of her as his belonging. Jiang Ningbao felt disgust at that.

Old Madam Jiang believed in such abstruse things. Maybe she won't believe it now, but after Changning Count fainted all of a sudden and no reason was found, Old Madam Jiang would think of this dream she had.

"Alright, it's only a dream, you should go back."

Old Madam Jiang was indeed half-believing and half-doubting. She put the small teacup on to the tea table with an ugly expression. Anyone who heard that someone dreamed of one's eldest son squeezed faint by a big snake won't have a good expression.

"Granddaughter withdraws."

Jiang Ningbao rose and bowed to Old Madam Jiang. Before leaving, she said, "Grandmother, granddaughter hopes that this was only an ordinary nightmare."

After saying that, she left Golden Longevity Hall.

After Jiang Ningbao left, Old Madam Jiang's eyes sunk. She was confused and uncertain as she said, "Hong Xin, what do you think is the meaning behind the fourth girl's dream? Wait, send someone to ask about which animal Madam Zhang's maternal nephew was born."

Old Madam Jiang was the first to know about Zhang Zhan's arrival and she knew that fourth girl had only met Madam Zhang's maternal nephew once yesterday night.

But now, the fourth girl actually had such a nightmare.

Old Madam Jiang could not help but be terribly suspicious.

Hong Xing immediately sent someone to inquire about Zhang Zhan and around fifteen minutes later, they had Zhang Zhan's information.

"Old madam, Sir Zhang Zhan was born under the snake year."

Old Madam Jiang's mind was shocked and the hand gripping the teacup tightened abruptly.

Chapter 68

Fourth miss had only met Zhang Zhan once yesterday and had never met before, she definitely did not know that Zhang Zhan was born under the snake year. This dream was a bad omen.

"Old madam, Sir Zhang Zhan will live in the residence for a few days. Do you want to send people to escort him back to the Zhang family?" Hong Xing was good at reading others' expressions and she asked carefully.

"Let some people watch him first."

Old Madam Jiang felt lucky in her heart. Maybe fourth girl's nightmare was only a nightmare.

Coming out of Golden Longevity Hall, Jiang Ningbao had on a brilliant smile. This smile was coincidentally seen by Zhang Zhan who was not far from her. His eyes carried astonishment and a determination to have flashed through his eyes. As long as he married Jiang fourth miss, he could have both money and beauty. This kind of good matter, Zhang Zhan thanked his aunt not only once in his heart.

He was about to go over when a little lady wearing a pink dress barred his way. The lady was the first branch's concubine born daughter and was favored by Changning Count. From the moment she saw Zhang Zhan, she had liked him.

The small road was a little wet and Jiang Ningbao who did not know that someone almost blocked her road lifted her skirt and went to the main courtyard.

"Lady, you seem to be happy?" Chun Xi asked in curiosity.

"Yes, once I think of the possibility that Old Madam Xie would enter the palace for a marriage decree, I feel happy." Jiang Ningbao smiled and did not speak of her plan to scheme against Zhang Zhan.

"Speaking of Old Madam Xie, I miss Duke Ding a bit. I wonder if he's in the residence right now? I've promised him that I will send him a few earthen jugs of medicinal wine. If he is in the residence, I decided to visit personally to appear more sincere."

Jiang Ningbao spoke as she walked.

Chun Xi, who was following behind her, had her jaw dropping. "....."

Lady, what about your restraint?

"Right, Chun Xi, go and tell Manager Yao today to gather more herbs. I want to brew some medicinal wines." Jiang Ningbao thought of something and suddenly ordered.

"Yes, my lady." Chun Xi immediately answered.

People scurried around in the main courtyard. Old servant Yang was busy ordering the other servants to put the luggage on the carriage. When she saw Jiang Ningbao coming over, her face immediately sank.

"Fourth lady, the madam is unwell. You should go back."

Jiang Ningbao was not angry. After asking about First Madam Zhang, she stood at the side with Chun Xi and did not leave. Actually, she came here only to put on an act to show the outsiders.

Of course, she could not leave just after Old servant Yang said a sentence. Others could easily make this a subject of ridicule.

Old servant Yang could not help but glare at her, her heart was thinking that this fourth miss was really hard to get rid of. No wonder the four clever servants girls could not even do a simple matter.

She misjudged her in the past.

After around a quarter of an hour, First Madam Zhang sat on the carriage lifted by the servants. Jiang Ningbao stared at her and was surprised. She did not think that after only a night, Madam Zhang who was attacked by the ominous energy seemed to change. The thick make-up could not hide her thinness and her pallidness. She seemed dispirited and listless, leaning on the small carriage with no energy, as if she had aged ten years in a single night.

Jiang Ningbao: "....."

The might of the ominous energy seemed to be bigger than expected.

No wonder Madam Zhang wanted to live in the temple for a while. Only the eminent monk in the temple could drive out the cold ominous energy. If not, in less than three days, Madam Zhang would be incomparably weak and would stay sick on the bed.

There was also another possibility that Madam Zhang's body was weak to begin with and with the attack of the ominous energy, it became this severe.

Jiang Ningbao leaned on the second possibility.

As time flew, the people visiting the main courtyard increased.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming, Jiang Zhuo, Jiang Yue, and Zhang Zhan who temporarily resided in the count residence. There were also the first branch's concubines and their children, all there to send off Madam Zhang.

Jiang Mingyao also came, being clustered by a bunch of servants. Her face was cool and only when she looked at Madam Zhang did a trace of worry appeared in her eyes.

Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Mingyao met eye to eye and averted their gazes.

Old servant Yang saw this scene and was relieved in her heart. It seemed that fifth lady listened to her words. Now, she did not need to worry of her being schemed by fourth lady.

Madam should rest assured.

When the carriage arrived, it was already around eleven o'clock. First Madam Zhang carelessly noticed that within the group that sent her off, there was a slim and graceful figure. When she saw Jiang Ningbao, First Madam Zhang cracked and hatred rushed in her heart.

A pity that Madam Zhang could do nothing at that moment, only glaring coldly at Jiang Ningbao.

Jiang Ningbao's mouth curved and she happily waved her hand toward First Madam Zhang.

Oldest aunt seemed to hate her very much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 19.9K 20
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
1.4M 123K 44
โœซ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐†๐ž๐ง'๐ฌ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐’๐š๐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ โŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
682K 36K 20
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ~By ๐Š๐š๐ฃ๐ฎ๊จ„๏ธŽ...
275K 1.6K 3
๐š๐šž๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š”๐šŠ ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐š–๐šŠ "๐€ ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ...