The protector

By 8Winter8

My name is Emily, Emily emerald. I may appear normal with my brown hair and dull eyes but deep down inside I... More

Coffee?
Past persent and future
What the hell did i just do!?!
Never
House guests
Do not look under the bed
Is this safe?
Secrets
Murder
Greetings from the darkness
Beauty
Promises
Not a big deal..
My soul
Instincts
Who?
Hearts
Numbness
Alone
Heartbreak
Slugs and hugs
All I need
Morning sunshine
Just an old man
Mabel
Colorful Carnival
Emotionless
Cherry wine
Connection
Lion king
Insane
Burning with warmth
Destruction
Starstruck
Father like son
Broken promises

Freak show

951 33 6
By 8Winter8

(So happy about this cover)(please tell me what you think)(took me forever to make)

Chapter 26

The road was long and extremely boring so I decided to take a nap in the backseat, my back pressed against the seat. I asked Vance if he could remove the buckles, at first he was not so share but thankfully he agreed and took them straight off.

His wife must have never told him about the effects of silver on the skin of an Angel, it burns like hell, literally.

Every bump makes me lurch forward and almost hit the chair in front of me but I always put my hand before me to stop myself from face planting.

The light that once squeezed through the gaps is now completely gone because of the abstinence of the sun. The car ride almost completely silent as I only hear fragments their conversation.

My hands forming little balls as a dream dances behind closed eyes. Like fingers swiping over my view I feel a shiver slide quickly down my back.

His face pops into my view as I feel my whole body freeze, his hand wrapped so tightly around my upper arm it feels as if it will fall off. Chairs broken and tipped over covering the floor as dust is blown by the wind.

A thin layer of red blood splattered across the once white walls, the pillars being pulled away from their places, the sound of them hits the floor like guns going off. The feeling vibrating though the floor as fear fills my thoughts and body.

The feeling of a persons hand grabbing my hair as a started scream rips from my throat.

Gasping suddenly I look up at the cars roof looming above me. Gripping my chest I let out a very shaky breath, the cold night air brushing over my exposed arms.

The shirt I wear sticks uncomfortably to my skin, the horrid fear of that dream replying in my mind.

The fresh air flowing through my lungs as I try to lift the tightness in my chest. My heart pumps vigorously and fright feels like my old companion.

Sitting up I look out the front window only to find desert spreading out for miles around us and car. Vance, whose glasses are perched up high upon his nose, has his eyes darting quickly from one side of the road to the other like a automatic toy.

Ugly looking green cactuses stick out from the ground and spread for miles until they reach the mountain that are so far they only look like little bumps in the earth.

Alex on the other hand has his eyes firmly rested in front of him, a determined looking expression plaster on his face. His soft pink lips straight and stiff. His fingers tap lightly on the dash board every many seconds.

The moon shines brightly above as thoughts of Ova filter through my mind, she most be up and waiting for my death. A prize she may not be able to give but one she will take the joy in watching.

The bond between us to great to be split by one another but if one of us dies by other hand she or I will not be affected by the death only feel a slight break from the bond, like a rubber band being pulled apart.

Her threat still lingering in my mind, like a little warning that pops up from time to time. The stares brighten the sky with beautiful white fairy lights, the big dipper glowing far away in the space.

Tumbleweeds roll slowly across the road as a gentle wind blows them across the earth.

Then like a burst of a rainbow, different colored lights cover the horizon like a stainglass window. "Wow." Is the only word that leaves my mouth as the lights come closer.

I have never seen such a sight in my whole life, I visited the city that I used to live by from time to time and I thought that was massive. Compared to this place called Las Vegas; billboards line the two lanes street one with a nasty image on it.

Like dancing figures in the distance, car like ours roll slowly to the army of neon lights.

Large flashing colors fill my vision as sighs come into my view, New York New York, the word come into my view and my mouth drops open at the size of the building.

A massive green building slides up by my right with the sign MGM Grand, a massive fake lion perched in front. It's face pulled back into a snarl.

The car turns down a road, The Strip, with more magnificent buildings that tower over me like I am a small little black ant.

People linger and fill the side walks as the car comes to a stop, different colored costumes and cloths catch my eyes as I lean closer to the front window; my breathing making marks on the window. Smiling faces litter the streets.

"Where should I take you guys?" Vance's voice knocks me out of my wide mouthed and large eyed stare.

The light filters and passes over me as we pass more red and yellow buildings. Palm trees stick out of the ground like sticks as a women sings with all her might into a microphone, her voice soft and vibrate.

The sounding of honking cars, my eyes move to the next spectacular sight, a massive fountain like structure moving to the soft sound of a piano. My hands press up to the glass as men hold large color tube like objects filled with a liquid.

"The Mirage." Alex deep rich voice awakens my ears and I turn in his direction, those beautiful eyes caring no such emotions, I just wish I could help but it is not my burden.

A place called Denny's comes into my view, it large red sign catching my attention, people pass in and out of the doors.

Vance's car turns slowly to the left and a massive sigh comes into my line of view, The Mirage, the gold patterns around the sign bringing a smile to my face.

The car comes to a sudden stop and my view of the colossal sized light show moves out of my view, I turn to see why we have stopped. Vance turns around and gives me a smile seeing my disappointment.

"Well this your stop." I suddenly realize, he is not coming with us, sadness fills my thoughts as a slight frown settles on my face.

"Hey don't look so sad, we shall meet up again. This won't be the last time we see each other." Vance says with a happy ring to his voice.

"Yes, this won't be the last time I see you." I says back with a smile on my face trying to mask my disappointment at the whole situation.

Taking a look around the car I try to memorize every detail, a memory I do not want to forget, a happy one.

I wrap my fingers slowly around the handle and pull it back opening the door and being attacked by the sound and pure energy of the whole place.

The warm air wraps around me like a massive snake almost choking the breath out from my lungs. The pressure disappears but I still feel slightly uncomfortable.

Vance gets out the car along with Alex. I hug the old man and he gives me a massive bear hug back. "Thank you for everything." I whisper into his ear, pulling away a massive smile is plastered on his face.

"If you guys ever need anything, I'm here, you got my number right Alex." Vance says with a slight said tint to his words, I try to smile as tears well up in my eyes, it may not know Vance very well but I feel connected to him in a way.

Alex receives a pat on the back and a small smile, the glasses on Vance nose slide. As he gets back into his car I try not to break my calm composure and keep a large smile on my lips.

The car disappears into the many colored vehicles. Alex grabs my hand and givings me little squeeze, I feel my spirits rise.

"Okay Emily I need you to keep your head down and don't look anyone in the eyes for too long, you never know who you will run into." I bid my understandings in the grave danger of his words, anyone could be strolling around these parts.

We round the corner and more lights blind my vision, cars rush in and out of the entrance to the carpark. People wander around us without a single care in the world.

The door open and a blast of air pushes my hair from my shoulders. Golden dolphin statues stand before me as we take a right to a carpeted room.

Large plants sit by the sides of the hallway, a massive glass dome hangs above me pouring starlight through it. More people linger with their eyes plastered on the world around them, like animals.

Large desks line up as we keep walking, a colossal sized fish take sits behind the check in desk.

My eyes try not to rise from the floor but my curiosity gets the better of my and I gaze at the tank of colored fish. Fish the color of rainbows dart from one side of the tank to the other.

Someone's reflection in the glass catches my attention, my eyes stay glued to the face horror mixing around in my blood. Turing my head slightly I find no one there just the loads of unknown people.

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." Alex grips my hands as I remove myself from the little trance I was just in. "Yes I'm fine." My voice not all that convincing but I try to but a emotionless face on.

He searches my eyes before nodding and turning back to checking us in. "Wright, the room is under the name Wright."

"Full name please." The random fellow behind the desk asks as his hand grips a pen, the slight sound of it contacting paper every so often catching my attention.

The gold writing making me lean closer into the desk before Alex grips my hand to stop me from moving anymore forward.

"Alexander Carter Wright." Hearing his full name makes a grin spread across my face, it suits him perfectly.

"Alright Mr. Wright here is your room key. One for you and your wife." I hear Alex take a sharp breath as I almost stop breathing.

"Um yes, thank you." Alex replies forcing out the words, taking the keys and he gives me one, the plastic feeling smooth under my finger tips.

Removing our selfs from the crowd of people we walk back towards the entrance and take another right, the glass dome looms right above us. The moon perfectly sitting in the center of the glass creation.

A fake looking waterfall sits by the side of the little bridge that leads to many machines that make loud noises. Numbers roll around the screen as many humans fingers hover over buttons and leavers, almost automatically they press and pull when it stops.

Dollar bills after green paper is slipped into the interesting machines that chime every so often.

People with dark circles sit in the chairs constantly pulling the lever only to find them selfs left empty handed. Glasses filled with different colored liquid floats around the room with women in short skirts handing them out.

Their fake smiles glowing with perky attitudes as they sway their tiny hips back and forth to attract lonely males. Tight shirt hug their tiny chest and waist, hands resting lazily on the side of machines as drinks are served. The cash flowing and the boobs showing.

Many people sit around chatting and having little snacks, the place is filled with excitement and energy as the shoes I had slipped on in the car slide across red colored carpet.

The material of my shirt starting to stick to my hot skin, as we weave are way through the crowd of party people.

My outfit not making any sense in such a vibrant place.

Finally coming to a bunch of elevators Alex and I slip into an empty one, his finger hovers over the little black circle before pressing down on the button that sends us up.

My fingers firmly wrapped around the gold handles that are attached to the three walls of the room, a mirror for a ceiling as a little ding bounces off the walls around us. The silver colored door slide open before us.

We step over the the line that separates the hallway from the elevator, the smell of bleach fills my nostrils as a lady with a plastic cart hurries by. A slight panicked expression as she forces the key into the a random door, the door shutting quickly as she pulls the cart into the room.

Her eyes turn to Alex before she disappears from our view. Getting a strange vibe from her odd behavior I try to turn a blind eye on the event.

The hallway is empty and silent, three different hallways branch out from a octagon shaped room, a small triangular table sits in the center.

We go straight, the red carpet showing us the way. A room with the number one thousand and five comes into a view, Alex fingers grip the little plastic card.

He slowly inserts it into the slot, Alex takes a deep sigh before revealing the room to me.

Orange and cream walls come into view as I take a steady step into the room, the large black flat screen television attached to the wall. A large brown table almost desk resting against the wall as something catches my eyes.

"One bed?" I ask as the Orange and white sheets of the bed attract my eyes attention.

"Yes, sorry. It was the only room left." I nod but a question nags at the back of my mind but I decide to let it go for know, his answer feeling forced from his lips.

Looking into his eyes I only see that cold person, who does not believe in emotions.

That stupid light switch that I would like to under stand. My eyes flicker to his neck and I feel horror fill my veins.

"How long has it been like that." He gives me a confused look before trying to play it off like there is nothing wrong, he turns his body away from me.

"Come here, know." He looks me dead in the eyes and scowls, having a little competition I grab his hand dragging him into the bathroom.

I place my fingers over the mark and press down as Alex response surprises me, he actually full on hissed at me like a fricken snake, his eyes turning a shade darker.

"Well that's not good." I whisper as I remove my finger from the puncture wound, the skin around the two holes red and inflamed. Small black dots line the outer ring and I run my finger over it.

"You've been letting her track us, for God sack Alex. You may be some manly man but you don't know what this is." Fetching a towel and water from the sink I press it down upon the teeth holes that Ova so kindly left for me to clean up.

The skin sizzling under my touch, removing the towel I find what I am looking for.

A little black tail pokes out from one of the wounds, grasping it between my fingers I start to gently remove it from the tender skin. "Will you stop moving."

It tries to latch onto the skin around his wound but I give it a little pull and out it goes into my hand. Almost like a skinny leach, I crush its head under my fingers before tossing it down the drawn.

Turning balk around to Alex his face is mortified as his eyes stay glued to the stink.

"What was that." His face covered in all different shades of horror.

"That was a creature called a seeker that a dark Angels can produce, they are almost like little spy's that will grow in the bite marks. Sickening, yes, but it is like a way to keep tabs on the people they have bitten when they live."

His fingers automatically go to the bites. "Is there anymore of them."

"Hard to tell but I believe there was only one. We will just have to wait and see." Removing myself from the bathroom I go to sit on the side of the bed , the soft material of the fabric rubbing into my hands.

His heavy breathing coming from the bathroom, lights like no other glow like stars from outside the window. Commotion like no other fills the streets, still at such a late time people still walking the streets in almost nothing.

Like a carnival that never sleeps.

---------------
Sorry but I did try to make it long so hang in there for a while.
Okay my stomach and legs hurt but guess that is what you get for doing three and half hours of waterpolo.
Okay anyways hope you liked
Leave comment and votes.
Thanks----
-kiss kiss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216 33 17
-Completed- Emily is about to start a new life with her Mum and her brother Tyler after her dad died. Everything seems to get better until the night...
76 7 11
The life Emerald pictured is finally unraveling before her eyes. The things she has prepared so hard for has finally been accomplished. The faith she...
52 0 17
Until now my life was average and predictable. Fresh outta highschool, with a passion for writing I got a job at a newspaper and was soon moved into...