To New Beginnings.

By raghadCa

It all made sense now, the journal, the letters and her death. I was never lost; it was there but I was just... More

Chapter one: The endless night
Milkshake
Cut off
Missing home
Lonely
Newbie
Burden
Homesick
Drama
Blame
Flashbacks
News
Rumors
Pity
Acceptance
Bond
Fear of abandonment
Shotgun
Missed out
Hurtful truth
A human pole
Rosie?
Charity work
AUTHOR note
Runaway
Doubts
Important info! ❤️☺️
Opening up
Heyyyy!
Blocked out
Places
Promises
Safe haven
Trust
Vulnerabilities
Transparent
Too good to be true
Two worlds
Replacement
Deeply falling
Siblings
Lost hope
Broken souls
Fearful memories
Losing control
Losing myself
psychopath
Hospitalized
Cardiac death
Triggers
Unrevealed
Redhanded
The letter
Something missing.
He left
Lost yet found
Hidden
Hunt
Hidden in a box
Truth, be told
Distructed
Important
Elliotte
Guys 🥹
Chaos
The deadly truth
VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
Note

Her death.

29 6 2
By raghadCa

Tyler's P.O.V

" Hazels mom lost her life. "

Hearing that again only led Hazel to break down on the floor clutching onto her chest sobbing.

" No, N-no it's- it can't be. " She assured herself as she rocked back and forth. It triggered her and we all knew that, except for mom, dad and Uncle Ethan who stood there struck tears streaming down their faces.

" Hazel. " Alec called her kneeling down next to her.

" Haz, " He called again, nothing it seemed as if we weren't there standing, as if he wasn't in front of her calling her name.

She was there, but also gone.

All she was able to do was deny. .

" I- I need to leave. " She cried running up the stairs leaving us all standing there.

About to rush behind her, Uncle Ethan held me back.

" She's okay. She just needs time. "

" Do you not see that she's having an attack? " I stated staring back at him in shock.

Without a single word being said I rushed behind her, Seth and Alec following behind.

It was locked. She locked herself in.

* Flashback *

" It's locked. She locked herself in. " Blake called.

" Rose. " Melanie called softly knocking.

" Rose, open up. I just want to talk. " She tried again.

" Rose. " I called knocking harder but being slightly pushed back by Melanie telling me that she could handle it and that she needed time from me as long as Alec.

" Rosy, it's me " Seth called.

" Open up. " Again, nothing.

I heard a snap of wood breaking as I sat there still knowing I'd be the last she'd want to see, yet I never knew that that was the last thing I wanted to see.

* End of flashback *

I froze, completely.

Seth set me aside before heading to her door.

" Hazel. " Seth called

" Haz, it's me,- Seth. " that's when it hit him that it felt similar.

Backing up he claimed.
" I can't do this. " and left.

" Maybe, we should leave her. She needs her space. " Blake patted me on the back pulling Alec behind him as they headed downstairs.

I stood there glaring at the door, unable to face it, Melanie standing there with me realized.

" Ty, it's not the same. "

" She needs us. "

" She just lost her mother. She needs the time for herself to comprehend that. "
I nodded before she side hugged me leaving as well as I sat there, my back set on her door.

" Hazel. " I called my voice deep and loud within the quietness in the hall.

" Haz, it's me, Tyler. " I called again before realizing that I'd be the last one she'd open the door to and trust.

About to stand up to leave when I heard her unlock the door.

I stood there facing the door waiting for her to turn the knob not wanting to invade unless she truly trusted me.

It took her a minute, nothing, so I stepped in
facing her stand behind the door clutching onto her body completely shaking, her face white as she coughed in choking for breath.

" Hazel. "

" Haz, look at me. " I insisted calmly.

" I need you to breathe " I began to panic but remembered that this wasn't the way I did it with Rose.

" Haz, breathe in with me. " I kept instructing her unable to lift her head to face my eyesight and so I raised her chin with the tip of my fingers gently.

She had her eyes closed but opened them as she took her first breathe in.

" Hold it, now breathe out slowly. " I instructed half the instructions went my way calming myself down from the way she stared back at me as if I could do her good.
As if she trusted me. .

" Slowly repeat. "
Tears streamed down her face as I instructed as she stared back in sudden shock.

When her breathing stabilized I pulled it together and asked her.

" Haz, did you take your pills?"

" N-no. "

" I need you to tell me where they are so I can get you them. "

She needed a second before breathing in and telling me where she had left them.
" My l-last - drawer. "

Nodding I stood up grabbed them and reached for a bottle of water from her mini fridge.

Setting them aside I helped her up and walked her to her bed as she sat there staring back at me, tears still filling her eyes.

" I need- her. " She bawled out clutching on to my waist wetting my shirt as she cried in my arms nothing for me to do to help her.

She cried herself to sleep and there was no way for me to stop her. I was helpless, as before as always. I can probably never help her. It's the way it is you know.

Despite wanting to be there even while she was asleep just for her to feel safe my mind didn't stop rambling and thinking and I just had to check with Seth to make sure my mind isn't planting any ideas in my head.

Walking downstairs, everyone sat there, mom still tearing up while Melanie sat there beside her consulting her. Seth was by the porch with the door wide open. Alec was no where to be seen and uncle Ethan sat on one of the single sofa benches clutching onto his hair in a tiring way. They all turned to me as I walked in the room.
Everyone else's eyes spoke for them in an asking matter though mom was the only one to speak up and ask.

" Is she okay?? "

" Better, she just dozed off. " I nodded firmly.

" Thanks bud, I always knew you'd be the older brother to Haz. "
Nodding it off though it killed to hear it put that way. The fact that he was able to say that with him having a son already. With Hazel already having an older brother and replacing him with me only would kill Hazel despite how mad she is from Aaron.
It'll never be that way.

Dad walked into the room handing mom and Uncle Ethan their coffees while I walked out to the porch with Seth.

" Hey. " I acknowledged him with my presence which was responded with a nod, a frown set on his face. He's back. The Seth that blocked all of us out, me including. The Seth that was stuck in his own hole blaming himself for what had gone with Rose and how he didn't know she was suicidal. The Seth that was and has always been the parent to Rose now had been remembered of her death.

" She's safe now. " I spoke.

" I see it in her too. " He spoke back.

" She's not. You were right last time. She's perfectly fine. We're the ones that have gotten messed up. "

" I meant that I see Rose in her too. "

About to reply our chauffeur had the gate opened as he entered the car which had me perturbed as to why he's here.

Walking out the door came dad and uncle Ethan mom following behind a slim smile on her face as her face was now covered with light makeup.

Me and Seth sat there lost into what was going on.
I guess I was the only one perturbed since Seth spoke out my mind or the response I was looking for.

" Hazels sister. " that was enough of an answer for me to understand.

I could only visualize Seth gawking next to me as he saw Hazels sister. We both sat there in pure silence as she hugged her father and was introduced to mom and dad. She looked exactly like her. The only thing different from Hazel was the eyes. Hers were brown while Hazels were Hazel. The only difference.

That's when Blake proved his presence by saying what we had in mind the whole time.
" Hazels a twin? ! "

Blake being Blake sounded louder than it should be turning all gazes on us especially her.
She looked off as she stood there but then realized, put a smile on her face and spoke up.

" Hi. "

Standing up, I extended my hand.
" Nice to meet you. "
I could only imagine my other self snorting at the way I spoke and the way I sympathized.

" Hey. " Seth nodded extending his hand as well while Blake was still gawking while extending his own hand for her to shake.

" I can only imagine that Hazel hasn't told you guys about me. " She joked which we caught of guard as to the fact that her mother just died and she was smiling and somewhat joking.

" Uhh she has ,but we didn't assume you were a twin. " Blake mumbled.

Mom then welcomed her with open arms and leaded her inside, dad and uncle Ethan behind.
I sat back by the stairs of our porch thinking that same thought that lingered my mind the moment uncle Ethan mentioned Hazels mom had passed.
There was something off about Aaron and the way he put out the fact that " mom says hi" that could only mean one thing, yet why??

Standing up I called Seth in before walking back inside to where they sat Uncle Ethan discussing something with dad while the rest sat there listening to their engaged conversation.

" It's an overdose. I saw it coming. " Uncle Ethan persisted as the rest of what he said drifted as I repeated the word over and over again. The one word, I hated the most. The one word that changed everything. The last thing she did before she passed. Excusing myself I walked the stairs up to her room knowing that that's the only thing to help me ease up, to know that she wouldn't, that she won't.

In front of her room sat Melanie.

" Hey. " I half heartedly smiled down at her which she smiled back to.
Mel, being the kindest person I know turned to check up on me despite her not feeling good herself. She was always there for me though at times I shut her out too. It didn't stop her though, she remained and remains strong for us each day to make sure that we were mentally and physically okay.
She was the sister I never had.

" Hi. "

" Did she wake up? " I questioned as I sat down next to her.

" No. "

We sat in pure silence.

" Her sisters here. " I pointed out to Lenie

" Is she okay? " Melanie asked perturbed

" For one that just lost her mother, sorta. "

" What do you mean? "

" You know how we see Hazel as bright and positive, we'll let's just say that this one is like a triple of that. "

" Shouldn't she be up here by now to check on Hazel? "

" I don't think she should. " I spoke my brows knitting together.

" You think they should take the time to themselves to comprehend it? "

" No, It's just that Hazel mentioned that her sister cut her off for good once she came so I don't think Hazel would feel pretty good seeing her around. "

" Why though? "

" I only know that that's what she did and that it was the day we were at the mall and she rushed out crying. "

" It triggered an attack, so maybe- "

" Excuse me?? " A voice stopped us standing by the entrance of the hall.

I stood up leaving Melanie gawking as she was still seated on the floor.

chuckling she said.
" I hope I'm not interrupting something? " sounding more of a question which I responded to with a firm no.

" My bad. You must be Hazels sister? " Melanie shook herself from her phase as she stood to shake hands with Hazels sister.

" I guess you can call me that. " She smiled

" I wasn't told that you were a twin. " Melanie boldly stated smiling giddily after realizing how dumb she sounded.

" You and Blake sure should be a thing for how you both act. " I whispered as she playfully nudged me.

" I was told that Hazels room is up here. " She entitled.

Rubbing my neck in awkwardness before being able to speak up and stop her from entering Hazels room.

" Yeah, but she isn't really in a good state therefore maybe wait for the morning when she feels better. "
She stared back at me phased as if realizing that Hazel might have told me and knowing her sister it seemed probably not like her.

Assuming she'd leave, she didn't. Instead she stood there stubbornly not hinting to make a move.
I guess that's their similarity, stubbornness. She got the hint that we won't let her barge in on Hazel that had just fallen asleep after her worst attack yet.
Trusting that we won't, she took a step closer towards Melanie handing her a petite journal.

" Please give this to Hazel and tell her not to tell anyone she has it. " She somewhat pleaded.

Instead of taking it Melanie refused
" Don't worry, you'll be able to talk to Hazel in the morning and give it to her yourself. "

" It'll be safer with you, trust me. " She assures insisting that Melanie took it before she turned to walk away before we could interrogate her.
It was then I presumed something was off.

" Hazels a twin! " Melanie stated loudly somewhat happy for her in a way which just always made me laugh about Len. She always takes everything giddily and the slightest thing seems cool to her.

" You're going to wake Hazel up. " I stated sitting down.

" Why hasn't she never mentioned it? "

" We're lucky we know the stuff we do know about her let alone know about her twin sister. "

" Don't forget that we know more of her than she knows of us. " Melanie reminded me.

" Why was she so persistent though? About the journal. " Melanie asked curiously.

" Somethings off. " I stated continuing what I had in mind the moment we were told that Hazels mother has passed.

" The fact that we read a letter not meant for us to read behind Uncle Ethans back from Hazels lost adopted brother ending with the fact that he mentions Hazels mom saying hi along with the fact that we heard she passed hours later to the fact that Hazels sister handed us a journal and told us not to tell anyone it was given to Hazel. "

" You're just overthinking it. " Len smiled sympathetically.

" Whatever, where's Seth? " I stood up defensively from what she said.

" Ty, that's not what I meant. "
Nodding I left to talk to the one person that understood me. The one person that knew what I was hiding. The one person I told the truth to. The one person that knew what was really hid in the letter.

-------------
Hi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.4K 33
Nathan's life: school, work, secrets, and survival. Ryder's life: soccer, friends, awesomeness, and his mom's annoying attempts to set him up. Nathan...
671 118 34
He reached out his hand and we shook as he said,"Friends." For a while I got lost in his blue eyes. I came to reality when he took his hand back. I w...
29.6K 595 19
Pardon some grammatical errors, I created this a few years ago, way back 2015. t was a tragic ending for her.. Yes.....Tragic.. But for him.. It was...
18.9K 547 24
Amira and Asher were inseparable from the ages of 1-13. How could they not be? They lived right beside each other, and they were the best of friends...