Motivation of Memories: The S...

By NubianGoddess494

After the death of her grandmother Genevieve Elise Anne Bonsu is finally moving out of her parents home. Grow... More

Welcome (A/N)
New Beginnings
Nice 2 Meet U
Final Straw
What U Deserve
Impulse Decisions
Party at Paisley
Party at Paisley: Part 2
Wake Up
Greatest Showman
Music To My Ears
Its All Accidental
Bad News
Closure
Morning Bliss
Eruption
Full Disclosure
Dinner on Me
Dinner On Me: Part 2
Talking Through The Turbulence
Long Way Home
Comfort
Internal Conflict
Just U & Eye
Safe Distance
Cars & Conversations
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Eye Know
Dancing with the Devil (Roles Reversed)
Later That Night
Just the 2 of Us
Morning Introspectives
A Dark Day
U Should Go
Family Ties
Mind on U
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Home Is Where the Heart Is: Part 2
Resistance
Meet Me in the Middle
Phase One
Temptation
Getting Acquainted
Come Clean
Be-U-Tiful
Preparation
Beach Party with the Band
B Mine (Roles Reversed)
Eye Remember 2
Let Me Make It Up 2 U
Eye've Got an Itch 2 Scratch
Eve've Got an Itch 2 Scratch: Part 2
The French Mistake
Rehearsal Gone Wrong
Interpersonal Exploration (Roles Reversed)
Tonight We're Gonna Party
Tonight We're Gonna Party Part 2
Imposter
The Voices
Meeting Madonna
First Day
Visitation
Rest, Relax, Reveal.
Slipping
We Will See
Expect The Unexpected
Eye Promise
On the Road
On the Road: Part 2
Late Night Arrival
Sound Check
Show Up
Show Up Part 2
Show Up Part 3
Deceit
1 Month 2 Go
Rude Awakening
LA Bound
Hold It
New York New York
New York New York: Part 2
Fear and Sensitivity
4 U
Eye Am Her Keeper
Truth B Told
Dreams and Nightmares
Do My Eyes Decieve Me
Waiting Game
Home Sweet Home
Smoke and Mirrors
Old Friends New Feelings
Deep Sigh
Genny from the Block
Let Me Carry That
Runway
Holidays On The Road
Holidays On The Road: Part 2
Holidays on the Road: Part 3
Christmas at Paisley Park
Unspoken Feelings
Tell Me Something Good
Rest & Realizations
New Year's
New Years: Part 2
Valentine's Day (Roles Reversed)
Valentine's Day: Part 2 (Roles Reversed)
Wake Up Call
Eye'll Tell U
Show Me Who U R
Disappearance
Pleasant Realities
Sweetest Dreams

In A New Light

54 5 0
By NubianGoddess494

Prince's POV

It's been a few months since our time in LA and Genevieve is fired up. She's been in Paisley Park everyday working and training. She's bought weights and mats and resistance bands. You'd think she was training for the Olympics.

In the kitchen, I sip on my second cup of coffee for the day reading the setlist and playing through it in my head. She walks in dripping in sweat, notebook in hand, her hair pulled back tight. In her dance gear her physique is alarming. I thought her body was toned before but now she's developing abs. Somehow though, she still has delicate arms and legs. She downs a large glass of water before joining me at the bar.

"Workout go okay?"

She nods.

"Get some practice in?"

She nods.

"Practice go okay?"

"My turns are not tight enough but I'm getting there."

"I hope you plan to have some fun during these performances. You'll be doing the same thing every night for months. It should be something you enjoy and something you won't mind repeating. Doesn't hurt to leave room for freestyles too."

"I just want it to be perfect."

"And it will be but not if you're too tired to perform."

"I won't be."

"Yea alright. You coming to the studio with me? I could use your ear." She grabs her notebook off the counter and follows me to the studio. She finds a place on the floor and waits for me to set up. I pull down my guitar and sit in the engineer chair. "I want to work out these harmonies. We start rehearsals in four months and I want to record a few things."
She clears her throat and does a few scales before sipping from her water bottle. "For the most part, I'm stripping the harmonies straight from the songs."

"Okay. What do you need?"

"Just sing all of Wendy and Lisa's parts."

"That is so high."

"You can get up there."

"I can but it is hard."

"What have you been singing?"

"Whatever Andre sings." She shrugs.

"We'll you're gonna sing with Wendy and Lisa now. They could use the help. Let's start with 1999."

"Will you sing it for me?" She smiles.

"You gotta sing too, mama." I play the chords on the guitar and wait for her to start.

"I was dreaming when I wrote this but forgive me if it goes astray." She sings bouncing her head to the rhythm. I open my mouth to sing but she continues. "When I woke up this morning could of swore it was judgement day." I give her a look of shock and she winks. I can't believe it.

"The sky was all purple there were people running everywhere." I sing before cueing her in. "This part." Her voices jumps up for the harmonies as we continue to sing through the songs. She flips between the female and male part effortlessly and I'm able to record all the harmonies I need.

At this point we're just playing around with the songs. Going over them again singing them together with tracks we've just made.

"What's your favorite song from the album?" She asks softly.

"I like Purple Rain. The guitar solo is my favorite thing I've done in a while. What about you?"

"Darling Nikki."

"Oh really?" She nods.

"It's very...passionate."

"I can see that." I smile.

"Oh shit. What time is it?"

"Why you have somewhere to be?"

"I have that dress fitting for the pageant remember?"

"Oh yea when is that?"

"Three." I look down at my watch and throw my hand over my face dramatically.

"It's 1:46."

"I'm gonna go shower and then we have to leave, okay?"

"You want me to come?"

"Yes! I want your opinion. I'll meet you downstairs." With that she runs off.

_______

Genevieve's POV

We meet the designer in his makeshift studio. He's based in LA but he was traveling and couldn't see us during our last visit. I have a seat within Prince and look over the room. A small circular stage sits in the middle surrounded by couches. There's a partition up and two women sitting with baskets of supplies.

"Ah, so you are the lovely Genevieve." I immediately stand and shake his outstretched hand.

"It is very nice to meet you."

"I did use the measurements you sent me so everything should be perfect. I'll do any alterations we need back in my home studio. We'll have a final fitting in a month or so and then you can take your dresses home. How does that sound?"

"Sounds great." One of the assistants pushes a rack of dresses from behind the partition.

"I looked at the color swatches and I fell in love with the coral you chose. The pageant is in spring right?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Well let's get you into the dress." He pulls out the coral dress Prince and I designed. I offered to send the original dress but he told me I deserve a custom dress. The assisants take his place behind the paper wall and hold the dress open. I step into it and they slowly pull it up my body. It gets caught around my hips but once they get over them the rest is easy. I gasp as they zip the dress feeling closed in by the fabric. They smile at me and help me turn around to look in the mirror. It's a perfect mermaid gown. The flowers around the bottom of the dress add a fullness I enjoy. There's a bit of tulle to pad out the bottom as well. The only issue is the sweetheart neckline is a little too low. I cover my chest as we walk out, a little embarrassed by the amount of cleavage I have exposed. I stand on the stage and turn facing the two men in the room.

"Oh, you look like a dream. How does it feel?"

"It's a little tight but it's beautiful."

"Can you walk in it? I made the tail a little dramatic. Let me see. Give me your best walk." I step down from the platform and take small elegant steps across the room. The dress glides smoothly across the floor and the flowers look like they're being blown in the wind. "I love it. What do you think?"

"It's gorgeous. Prince, what do you think?" I stop directly in front of him and wait for him to look at me. He looks up from his lap for the first time since we got here and his jaw drops.

"I...umm... wow." He mutters unable to form a sentence. I blush and look down at the dress smoothing the fabric over my body.

"Do you like it?"

"I-I love it. You look...incredible."

"Then it's settled! I'll create a little more room in the dress and I'll have it ready for you to try on in a month. You come and see me next time alright?" I smile and follow the women back behind the screen. I step out of the dress and into my regular clothes. When I walk back out Prince and the designer are talking. He seems nervous, leaning into the couch. They look over at me and I pretend to be focused elsewhere.

Prince's POV

"She gorgeous. Is she doing any modeling?"

"No, but I wish she would."

"I may have a spot for her. That dress inspired me to make more and she's a perfect model." We look over at Genevieve, who is fiddling with a mannequin. I can't help but smile at her beauty. "That's her isn't it?" I try to protest but my heart gives in.

"That's her."

"Officially?"

"Not yet."

"Waiting for?"

"The premiere. We met on set."

"That's sweet. I've got a good feeling about this one. Let me know when I can start designing wedding attire."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 15 18
They had it all yet they had nothing Megan Kingston and her sister sage's lives are turned around by just a tiny little change, and have to part way...
18.1K 1.1K 23
It's been 5 years since Zenande has left South Africa. She is now a qualified doctor and a successful model at that. It hasn't been an easy journey b...
25K 666 58
Truth has been revealed, no one else knows about it expect them and they have to learn to cope with it all on the own but despite the desperate need...
250 14 6
A mother and her children were relocated to Minneapolis, Minnesota do to the California's wildfires. No more room at the seventh street women and chi...