Motivation of Memories: The S...

By NubianGoddess494

After the death of her grandmother Genevieve Elise Anne Bonsu is finally moving out of her parents home. Grow... More

Welcome (A/N)
New Beginnings
Nice 2 Meet U
Final Straw
What U Deserve
Impulse Decisions
Party at Paisley
Party at Paisley: Part 2
Wake Up
Greatest Showman
Music To My Ears
Its All Accidental
Bad News
Closure
Morning Bliss
Eruption
Full Disclosure
Dinner on Me
Dinner On Me: Part 2
Talking Through The Turbulence
Long Way Home
Comfort
Internal Conflict
Just U & Eye
Safe Distance
Cars & Conversations
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Eye Know
Dancing with the Devil (Roles Reversed)
Later That Night
Just the 2 of Us
Morning Introspectives
A Dark Day
Family Ties
Mind on U
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Home Is Where the Heart Is: Part 2
Resistance
Meet Me in the Middle
In A New Light
Phase One
Temptation
Getting Acquainted
Come Clean
Be-U-Tiful
Preparation
Beach Party with the Band
B Mine (Roles Reversed)
Eye Remember 2
Let Me Make It Up 2 U
Eye've Got an Itch 2 Scratch
Eve've Got an Itch 2 Scratch: Part 2
The French Mistake
Rehearsal Gone Wrong
Interpersonal Exploration (Roles Reversed)
Tonight We're Gonna Party
Tonight We're Gonna Party Part 2
Imposter
The Voices
Meeting Madonna
First Day
Visitation
Rest, Relax, Reveal.
Slipping
We Will See
Expect The Unexpected
Eye Promise
On the Road
On the Road: Part 2
Late Night Arrival
Sound Check
Show Up
Show Up Part 2
Show Up Part 3
Deceit
1 Month 2 Go
Rude Awakening
LA Bound
Hold It
New York New York
New York New York: Part 2
Fear and Sensitivity
4 U
Eye Am Her Keeper
Truth B Told
Dreams and Nightmares
Do My Eyes Decieve Me
Waiting Game
Home Sweet Home
Smoke and Mirrors
Old Friends New Feelings
Deep Sigh
Genny from the Block
Let Me Carry That
Runway
Holidays On The Road
Holidays On The Road: Part 2
Holidays on the Road: Part 3
Christmas at Paisley Park
Unspoken Feelings
Tell Me Something Good
Rest & Realizations
New Year's
New Years: Part 2
Valentine's Day (Roles Reversed)
Valentine's Day: Part 2 (Roles Reversed)
Wake Up Call
Eye'll Tell U
Show Me Who U R
Disappearance
Pleasant Realities
Sweetest Dreams

U Should Go

85 6 6
By NubianGoddess494

Prince's POV

Its been a few days since the accident and she doesn't seem to be feeling better. I can tell having me here is comforting to her but she's still worried about her family. When I'm away, she just lays in bed. When I'm here we just cuddle and eat and watch tv. I don't mind it and I'll always be here for her but I can tell she needs more.

Right now we're getting in the car. I paid a driver to take us for a drive around town. Im thinking we'll grab some food and maybe sit in a park for a little. I just thought she could use the fresh air and an opportunity to get out the house.

"Where'd you get a driver?"

"I just made a few calls."

"But why?"

"Don't laugh." She looks up at me with a concerned face. "It's a little embarrassing and a little selfish." My nose crinkles as the words leave me mouth.

"What is it?"

"Promise you won't laugh." She rolls her eyes and holds out her pinky. I look down at her small manicured hands and link my pink with hers. Without letting go I move close to her. "I got a driver because i I wanted to be close to you and I can't do that or look at you when I'm driving."

"You look at me all the time when you're driving." She smiles.

"And that's why I'm always getting honked at." I chuckle. She rests her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. I look down at our linked pinkies and smile. I release her pinky and hold her hand in mine. I can hear her smile as she nuzzles into me.

"Prince?"

"Yea?"

"Is your family still in Minnesota?"

"Yea, the live in Minneapolis."

"Do you ever go visit them?"

"Sometimes, when I miss them but that doesn't happen often."

"Why not?"

"We just aren't very close."

"Even you and your siblings?"

"We all only share a father so we aren't really close either. Except Tyka, I talk to her every now and then."

"I'm sorry."

"Why? You didn't do it?"

"Everyone needs family. Everyone needs someone to lean on when times are hard. My family and I have been through a lot together. Especially, when we moved here but we had support. Mamakoko paid for the building that became the restaurant. Baba's aunties took me in when I was a teenager and I was struggling to find clothes in America. They measured me and made me clothes and taught me how to sew. I wouldn't have anything without my family." I sigh a little hearing her lamentations. I get why this is so hard for her now. Her family goes above and beyond for her. She just wants to do the same. I knock on the window and the partition lowers.

"Yes, sir?"

"Take us back, please."

"Yes, sir." The partition rolls back up and Genevieve sits up, turning to face me.

"We're going home but we just left?"

"I know but I want to spend some more time with you before you leave."

"Leave where?"

"When all of this started, I called the airport and bout you a ticket home. I knew you'd go back and forth about wanting to go so I picked a later date. Your flight leaves tomorrow at noon." Tears well up in her eyes and she opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. "If you're family means that much to you, I think you should go."

"Prince, I-I don't know what to say. Thank you." She hugs me close and I can feel the relief in the air.

"I told you. Whatever you've got going on, I'll take care of it."

The car pulls back into the lot and we step out. She walks inside and immediately starts packing. She pulls a large suitcase out of her closet and begins to fill it with clothes. Since all her items are already perfectly folded it doesn't take her long. She grabs her essentials and packs them too before grabbing a carry on bag and loading it up too.

Genevieve's POV

After I finished packing I made dinner. Just a simple, baked chicken and sides.  Tonight, we're sitting at the table. He lays out plates and glasses while I carry over each dish. When everything's ready, we sit and smile over the meal, talking and laughing between bites.

"I really appreciate you doing this for me."

"Don't worry about it. Just call me when you're ready to come back and I'll buy that ticket too."

"I can't ask you to do that." He looks up from his plate with just his eyes shooting me a strong look.

"You didn't ask, I'm offering." His words are forceful but caring in a way I've never heard. Naturally, I want to say I can't accept the ticket but my heart is telling me to smile and just say thank you. His gaze is still locked in me as I lower my eyes back to my food.

"Women don't usually tell you no, do they?"

"I've never given a reason to tell me no but, it seems to be your favorite word with me." He smirks.

"I see why they say yes."

"Oh, yea and why is that?"

"You have a very dominant presence and unwavering confidence."

"I could say the same thing about you."

"I think that's why I like you."

"Tell me about it."

"Most men ask me to go on dates. You just tell me where to be and how to dress."

"I ask you most of the time."

"But only when you know the answer is yes. If you think I'll tell you no, you make sure I know that yes is the only option."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"For you it isn't."

"But for you it is?"

"You distract me."

"How?"

"I'm usually focused on the task at hand but you have a way of changing all of my plans?"

"What's your plan for the rest of the night?"

"I want to watch tv and read my magazine." He chuckles and smirks.

"Yea... you might be right."

"And what is it you have planned tonight?"

"Romance." I roll my eyes and stand from the table taking my plate to the sink. He joins me moments later wrapping his arms around my waist as he places his plate in the sink. His head rests on my shoulders as I clean each dish.

"Are you always this touchy after a good meal?"

"I don't know. Most of the girls I've dated were terrible cooks."

"Really?"

"Mayte couldn't even boil water." I laugh. "But there's something about your food that makes me want to be close to you."

"How close?" I can hear him smirking as he places gentle kisses on my shoulder.

"You already told me you don't wanna be that close." His voice is deep and mellow in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"It's not that I don't want to." I close my eyes and rest my hands on top of his. His lips are so warm against my skin. "I... I-I just...." I lose my train of thought as his lips drag across my skin.

"Shhhh, you don't have to explain anything to me, mama."  He plants one last kiss on my exposed skin before letting go. "I'm gonna take a shower. I'll be back." I watch him walk away in my peripheral vision and bite my lip the second the bathroom door closes.

If you didn't make that vow 10 or so years ago you could be having sex in my kitchen right now.

Prince is nothing but walking temptation. He's physique, his lips, his smile, and those hazel eyes. And that's before he even touches me. He holds me firmly but delicately like if he doesn't I'll shatter. His hands are rugged from years of holding drumsticks and plucking strings but still soft. I want him and I want him bad but this is just another r pleasure I must deny myself.

If it's meant to be it will be, you just have to hope he'll marry you.

Once I'm finished with the dishes I put lids on all my casserole dishes and place them in the refrigerator. I walk into my bedroom and begin taking out night clothes and clothes for the morning. I throw on a pair of shorts and a tank top for the night and lay out a long dress for the plane ride. I spot my magazine across my bed and lay down to reach it. Comfortable, laying on my stomach but standing on my toes, I decide to flip through from here.

"Goddamn. Does your back hurt carrying around all that ass?" I can see him in the mirror looking down at my body. When he notices the mirror he immediately looks away.

"Come lift it. You tell me if it's heavy." He returns his eyes to the mirror but mine never left. "You can touch it. It won't bite." He laughs nervously. I turn around and stand up."What? Now that we're off the stage and it's just us you're afraid to touch me?" He stands in front of me and I look into his eyes.

"I ain't never been scared of no ass."

"Then what're you waiting for?"

"Don't start nothing you can't finish, mama."

"I'm not trying to.  Just trying to get you answer to your question." I take hold his hands for a moment before placing them in my back and moving closer. Slowly he lowers his hands rubbing each cheek gently. Once he reaches the bottom, he cups each cheek, lifting it a little before rubbing them again.

"Damn." He mumbles under his breath.

"So is it heavy?" I smirk.

"Not too heavy to handle." He smirks back lifting me off the ground. I wrap my legs around him and put my hands on his shoulders. I gasp, earning a chuckle from his lips. "You aren't the only person with temptations. I wish i could explain what you do to me and all the things I'd do to you."

"Prince?"

"What is it, baby?" He says kissing me softly.

"I love the way you talk to me." I say after a few moments.

"Does my voice turn you on?"

"Mmmm, something like that."

"Something like that?" He smirks against my lips.

"Mhm. Now, put me down. I gotta get up early to be at the airport." I unwrap my legs and begin my descent but he doesn't let go when my feet are on the ground. I smirks before dropping his hands a letting me climb into bed.

Prince's POV

The next morning, I wake up with my arm around a pillow. I look around for Genevieve and relax when I hear the shower running across the hall. I sit up and quickly gather my things before laying back down. When she comes back in the room, she lays beside me with a soft sigh.

"You ready to go?" I asks softly. She leans back resting her head on my stomach, turning it to face me.

"I guess." She sighs. "But it's still only 8am."

"What do you want to do until we leave?" She adjust her position so she's laying down facing me. She buries her face in my chest and I take that as a sign to hold her for a moment.

In the darkness of the room, I keep her still as she tries to ground herself. She breathes deeply with her eyes closed for many minutes. Without words, I rub her back and tell her it'll all be okay. She eventually gets up and begins grabbing her luggage.

"I'll drive you so you don't have to pay for parking." She nods and heads for the door. Still in my sweats, I put her luggage in the trunk and drive her to the air port. I pull up to the drop off area and we both get out of the car. I gather her things from the trunk and bring them to her on the curb.

"Thank you." She offers with a smile before pulling me into a hug. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Genevieve." I smile wrapping my arms around her. When we pull away, she puts her hand on her suitcase and steps onto the curb. "You know, when you get back, I'll be divorced."

"Then, you have until then to plan an amazing first official date."

"I'll see you then."

"See you, then." She turns and walks into the airport, wheeling her suitcase behind her. I watch as her figure disappears into the crowd of people waiting in line. With a sigh, I get into my car and head home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 862 50
After the deaths of her best friends, Olivia didn't know how to move forward. She didn't know how she was supposed to live life without two of the mo...
18.1K 1.1K 23
It's been 5 years since Zenande has left South Africa. She is now a qualified doctor and a successful model at that. It hasn't been an easy journey b...
12.1K 1K 77
The continuation of the love story of Prince and Gigi Nelson. Follow them through this, the final journey of their lives and their unconditional lov...
433 0 62
Alexi Hayes struggles to live with her new family after the death of her mother. Alvin Hart encounters Alexi under circumstances that he cannot esca...