The protector

By 8Winter8

My name is Emily, Emily emerald. I may appear normal with my brown hair and dull eyes but deep down inside I... More

Coffee?
Past persent and future
What the hell did i just do!?!
Never
House guests
Do not look under the bed
Is this safe?
Secrets
Murder
Greetings from the darkness
Beauty
Promises
Not a big deal..
My soul
Instincts
Who?
Hearts
Numbness
Alone
Heartbreak
Slugs and hugs
All I need
Morning sunshine
Mabel
Freak show
Colorful Carnival
Emotionless
Cherry wine
Connection
Lion king
Insane
Burning with warmth
Destruction
Starstruck
Father like son
Broken promises

Just an old man

769 35 4
By 8Winter8

Chapter 24

Emily's point of view•

His blond hair glimmering in the sun as a small black object is pressed to his ear. His lips forming words as concern clouds his eyes before they do a little roll. His index finger tapping against the rectangular object clenched in his hand.

His free hand wrapped securely around the black strap of the duffle bag, his hand flexing around the strap.

All different emotions cover his face all at once as if a memory has clouded his thoughts before he snaps out of it almost instantly. Slight concern covers his features as his rolls his shoulders.

A little bit to far away for me to listen to his conversation but close enough to hear when he asked the person sitting in the car for the odd looking object.

My hands grip the wood under me as I lean over the branch, my shirt sleeves rolled up, my wings no longer visible as I make a frog like position in the tree.

The sun beat it no down upon my head as I shift my position ever so slightly. My eyes straining to see him through the branches and leaves that partly cover my view of him.

His back muscles tightened as I watch him roll his eyes slowly, those lips of his moving quickly as he answers the person on the other side. The only good explanation for the odd object that is clutched in his right hand.

He lowers it from his ear and stares at it for a second, his fingers curled around it, then he walks slowly over to the man sitting in the car. The sun bounces of the black truck slightly hitting Alex in the face.

Being able to see through the glass window in the front of the car I watch the man smile at Alex as if the random man knows all the answers.

The trucks door open wide as the old mans hands leaves the dashboard.

The old fellow grabs the phone before speaking, "There's a girl, right." The old man gives Alex a cheeky smile as the glasses that once sat on his nose are removed.

The man slips the glasses into the pocket of his blue stripped shirt before a smile expands onto his face. The fellows old lips wrinkled as they try to stretch the distance.

Looking over at my blond boy, his face is covered in complete confusion at the old man sudden words, as if he can not grasp the concept.

The old man face face widens into a full blown smile, his eyes sparkling like a child who has just received the last cookie from the jar. His finger tapping slowly on the door.

"Yes a girl." The man says slowly as Alexs face turns confused. Alexs free hand gripping the side of he door as a look I can not register crosses over his face.

"What?" Alexs reply is startled as he tries to compose his cool boy attitude. "I don't know what you are talking about."

His words come at harsh as I jump a little from the sound. It bounces off the trees around me because of the emptiness of the location. Alex pushes away from the car, swinging the duffle bag over his shoulder.

The old man, whose large gray eyebrows raise at the response, exits his car to follow Alex. They move closer to the spot where I am hiding, their foot steps growing louder as they approach me, my grip on the tree increasing as they come closer.

My bare feet dig painfully into the sharp pieces of bark, bitting into my lip I watch him like he is my prey. The blue shirt looking increasingly amazing on his lean figure.

"Hey, come on son." The older man catches Alexs upper arm quickly pulling him to a sudden stop. "No need to run from your problems."

Alex stops and peers over his shoulder, his long blond hair falling over his ocean blue eyes. Alex, whose musclier arms flex as the older man holds him, turns around suddenly.

"I'm not running from anything." His voice calm, unlike his facial expression.

"You don't have to lie to me boy. I can see right through you." His words spike my curiosity as I peer silently down upon them.

My eyes raking over Alexs body, a bad habit.

"I don't lie." Alex turns his head slowly away. "Funny, now tell me the truth." The old man raise those bushy eyebrows again. The odd sensation that there is something under the surface of his words, a hidden meaning.

"I'm Vance." He older man sticks his hand out towards Alex. Alexs eyes scan over the mans hand before extending his own. "Alex."

"I know." Vance says confidently with a wide grin plastered on his face. Alex looks absolutely baffled at the man words.

"What, how could you already know that." Alex make a sudden movement away, his face covered in absolute confusion.

"So what is the lovers name." Vance chuckles as my own mouth pops open. The tree I perch in is the one Vance goes to lean his back against.

Panic flows though my veins, backing a little bit into the cover of the leaves I keep one ear monitoring their words.

"Emily." Alex whisper quietly as he stares at Vance carefully. I cover my mouth as I gasp escapes my mouth.

Alex tuns up his head slightly at he noise I just made but does not take much notice.

Vance smiles. "Emily, pretty common name, don't you think." The old man eyes flicker upwards as I move more into the cover of the leaves and branches.

"It may be but she's not common at all, unique is more of the word for her." Vance watches him slowly and carefully.

"I don't know about that. Usually people with such plane names are boring people." Vance rolls his shoulders as I feel slightly offended at his use of words.

This old man think he has all the answers, my eyes turning into slits as I watch his winkles bag like face.

"She's far from boring. Beautiful, amazing, and spectacular. Emily is amazing, you don't know anything old man." Alex hisses though his teeth as a smile graces my lips, my heart flutters inside of my heart, that is right defend me.

"It seems that someone is head over heels." Vance smiles knowingly as something crosses over Alexs face.

"What have I done." He whispers quietly but I pick up every word as if he has spoken it directly to me. I grab the tree branch to try to stop my racing hear, my mouth wide open as horror covers my blond boys features.

"I need to find her." He starts to panic slightly gripping the strap on his bag tighter.

"Well you don't have to go far." Vance says confidently as his fingers tap on the wood of the tree. His brown sandals tapping the ground slowly.

"Emily, dear you may come down know."

My breath vanishes as he words leave his mouth. I go to grab the branch but all of a sudden I feel air rush through my air as I lose my grip.

The ground comes in contact with my back faster than I anticipated and a loud groan leaves my lips as I stare up at the blue sky. Fluffy wide clouds dot the sky as birds fly above me.

My hair must spread all around me as I clutch the soft dirt.

"Oh my god are you okay." His warm hands wrap firmly around my upper arm, heat fills my body as his chest touches my back.

"Yes, I'm fine but how did you know I was hiding out in the tree." Vance gives me a cool look before a smile cracks onto his face.

"Well dear." A chuckles passes through his wrinkled lips. "I could feel your emotions."

Alex's grip around my waist tightens as I stare down the old man, whose eyes are almost the color of the bark he stands by, his hand resting on the tree trunk.

"Really?" My shock must shine through my face because Vance lets out a subtle laugh that brings a smile to my own face.

"So you knew Emily was in the tree the whole time?" Disbelief in Alexs tone as I squeeze his hand lightly and he returns the favor. "Well to be frank, I didn't really know if it was your girl. I took a wild guess." His voice is filled with humor and a joy I just can not seem to place.

Vance, whose eyes shine brightly as a grin widen on his face, a look that brings happiness to my separated soul.

"Funny how I was right but to be honest the pull I could feel was massive pull between the two of you." His cheeky little smile making my face turns a shade of bright red.

"I can see that you are one special little girl Emily. Very special." He gives me a light smile as something flashes across his eye, regret maybe.

"I'm not little." I gap as a loud chuckle vibrates through Alexs chest.

"You're not that big either." I turn my head quickly almost receiving whiplash as I stare directly into Alex crystal blue eyes.

"Well at least I'm not a massive oaf." I shoot back as a cunning smile raises onto my face.

"I'm hurt Emily." His presses his free hand that is not wrapped tightly around my waist to his heart with a fake hurt expression on his face.

I can not stop the laugh that shoots out from my mouth. "Stop being so cheeky, will you." A soft filling covers my cheeks as he removes his lips from the spot.

My cheeks must go a bright crimson red because both Alex and Vance both laugh loudly at my obvious embarrassment.

Removing Alexs warm arms from around my waist I stand up and just stare straight at Vance, who is slowly picking away at the tree that stands quietly next to him.

"I would never have thought that your kind still existed." My words must take him by quite a surprise because his eyes scan over me with a panicked look for an second before disappearing into thin air.

His gray hair that matches those bushy eyebrows of his as his hand moves quickly away from the tree. A long sigh leaves his mouth before a slight snort leaves his mouth.

"Of course we still exist. It is kind of hard to make a race go extinct if we look identical to human. Smart girl seems to know more than I originally thought" A tight smile raises onto my face.

"Yes, I guess you are right." I very fake laugh leaves my mouth, I just hope they did not realize.

We all stand around awkwardly for a second before Vance speaks up. "So I over heard you need a ride."

"Yes we do..?" Alex's voice says with the slight once of a question clear in his words.

Vance smiles. "Well I might just be the ride you need." I turn to look at and his eyes turn to mine.

---------------------
Sorry I have been sick this week and couldn't writer his chapter and then I also could t think of what to put in it. So it took me a very long time to write this.
Thank you for understanding
Vote and comment
-kiss kiss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76 7 11
The life Emerald pictured is finally unraveling before her eyes. The things she has prepared so hard for has finally been accomplished. The faith she...
1.5M 43.3K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
1.3M 46.7K 42
Mason rubs his nose against my cheek. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If he even comes close to you I'll rip his head off." He starts b...
5.4K 292 30
"I beg you to listen" Murmuring softly as I froze in his touch. Exhaling slowly. Doing my best not run out of his hold. "What are you saying?" "I'm t...