The protector

由 8Winter8

My name is Emily, Emily emerald. I may appear normal with my brown hair and dull eyes but deep down inside I... 更多

Coffee?
Past persent and future
What the hell did i just do!?!
Never
House guests
Do not look under the bed
Is this safe?
Secrets
Murder
Greetings from the darkness
Beauty
Promises
Not a big deal..
My soul
Instincts
Who?
Hearts
Numbness
Alone
Heartbreak
Slugs and hugs
All I need
Just an old man
Mabel
Freak show
Colorful Carnival
Emotionless
Cherry wine
Connection
Lion king
Insane
Burning with warmth
Destruction
Starstruck
Father like son
Broken promises

Morning sunshine

881 39 4
由 8Winter8

Chapter 23

Warmth graces the skin on my arms and face as my own hair slowly hits me across my chest. The clicking sound of a bird awakens me from my deep sleep as I perch high away from the ground.

The morning light burns my freshly opened eyes as I stifle a yawn; my wings lay limply by my sides as the bark from the tree rubs up and down my back.

Something crawls up my arm as my eyes wander around the trees that only sit a few meters away. Their tall trunks sticking out from the soft soil as wind blows the tops ever so slightly.

My hair lifts from my shoulders as a steady wind blows through the trees. The fabric from my sleeves rolled up exposing my large golden mark that shimmers in the sunlight.

My toes wiggle before me as cool air runs through them, a quite giggle escaping from between my lips at the odd sensation that runs though my feet.

Something grazes my shoulder; a small monarch butterfly sits very still on the edge of my shoulder, its small little wings moving only a little in the soft breeze.

Then with a push from the wind it takes flight, falling away from me and into the air.

Reminding me of a poem I was once told many moons ago; the memory is quite fuzzy now but I can still remember some of the words formed by her lips. Her voice as smooth as silk as she softly sang the poem to me as I lay in bed.

The memory like a punch in the face as I run my fingers slowly though my hair; she is not with me anymore, so stop bringing it up.

Oh how I wish she could hold me once more and sing sweet songs to me as my eyes flutter close, for sweet sleep to take me away from the land of greed.

The sun start to burn the soft skin on my arms as I shift uncomfortably on the large tree limb, the dark bark falling off as my hands grip the sides.

Grabbing onto the side I swing down, my feet touch another limb, my feet feel the pressure of the wood underneath me.

My wings fall back behind me as I take steady steps across the tree, my arms spread out like an eagle as I take another step closer to the end.

The wing blows my wings up ever so slight as I balance on the thin branch that sits under my feet.

Jumping down with a swift thump, my feet touch another branch only a few feet from the one I was just standing upon, the rough bark pushing slowly into my skin.

A sharp pain covers my body for a millisecond almost like the tips of needles dancing across my skin before it vanishes and leaves me feeling alright. Confusion must cover my features as I stop mid step to take a breath from the odd pain that covered me only moments before.

My toes dig into the branch as I filter through my thoughts to come up with a conclusion to the weird pain.

After a few seconds of thinking for any possible solutions I let the odd occurrence to slide as I hop down to another large tree limp that sticks out extra far.

What a wonderful morning, filters through my mind as my hair brushes up against my exposed back. Then like a massive wave the events from yesterday roll back into my mind as a thin lined frown starts to cover my face.

Letting out a sigh and slowly running my hands through my hair I jump another branch down and without a sound perch myself on it almost like an owl.

My eyes look around through the cracks in the leaves and wood, sucking in a shallow breath something catches my attention.

Leaning forward a little with my hands curled around the bark I see pink skin below me, the owner not seeing me in the tree. The persons hand wraps around a low branch that is only a few yards below me.

The persons breathing can be heard as I lean a little bit farther over the edge of the branch to see the persons face.

My hearing is almost that of a wolf but without all the body air and the smell. Grinding my teeth I finally see the mystery person face, my face forms another thin line as I watch him look around the trees.

•Alex's point of view•

My fingers firmly wrap around an old tree limb as I take in the trees that stand around me. I may be tall but compared to such massive beasts, I am only an ant.

My angry has dissipated a long time ago, my mind was not in any control as I spat words left and right towards Emily's small figure.

Her pain masked by angry as she yelled straight back at me with her wings exposed and everything. I always seem to have my way of pissing her off, but I can not really blame her for being so angry, what I said was cruel.

She turned around so suddenly and with a shimmery gold light almost ran out of the little open patch we had been standing in.

Her long brown locks flying madly behind her as she broke through the tree line and disappeared from my view.

The minute she left was the minute regret settled in, I may have been angry but I had no right to take it out on her.

She may be the other soul to that scary looking creature but she is sweet and filled with a kindness I just can not seem to understand, especially when she lives in an age were humans hunt her for sport; hanging angels wings from strings for decoration.

I have seen many wings, all in different colors, but Emily's are unique; the gold color has never been seen by hustlers. The price someone would pay for such a color would be insane.

Removing my hand from the branch I pick up the duffle bag and sling it over my shoulder ready for the journey ahead.

My shoes slap down on the ground as I push some branches out of my path. The image of the burned homes still etched into my mind, the taste of the cigarette still lingers on
my lips and cloths as I stretch the bottom of the fabric.

The memory of that night still rests on the top of my mind, playing over and over, like a broken record.

Emily's words stick around the same place, "We live with it until we die." Her words caught me off guard with the cold and detached voice she used, almost as if it was not her own voice at all.

A hidden meaning sits right under her words but I just can not seem to get it out of her.

Her eyes had a cold meaning to them as she kept talking about such a topic; at first I thought Emily was just a open book but after being around her for so much time my option has changed.

The crack of a branch catches my attention and I lift my head up to find a large crack in a branch over my head but other than that nothing. The itching feeling of someone's eyes on me seem to creep into my mind as my feet begin to move once more.

The sun beats down on my forehead as the crisp smell of nature meets my nose. Birds sit soundlessly on tree branches their eyes following me as I walk.

Sweat slides down my neck as I run my fingers slowly through my messy hair, the last time I got this crazy hedgehog looking hair cut was a really long time ago.

My eyes scan the land before me as the same itching feeling returns. As I keep walking the trees start to spread out more indicating that humans have come through here, a road should be fairly close.

The feeling of hard ground under my feet brings a smile to my face as a road appears in my view; sweet civilization.

Walking along the road I see a gas station sitting by the side of the tarmac. A massive grin spreads across my face as I spot the cars parked outside, perfect.

A man sits lazily in his car with the drivers side door wide open, a can of beer sits oddly on his lap as his runs his large fingers around the rim. A large cigar sticks out from under his fuzzy mustache as large glasses perch on his slight crooked nose.

Stopping at the open door I peer inside a little to see if he is awake. The glasses that perch on his nose slide slowly down revealing his dark brown eyes. "Do you need somethang boy." His crackly voice reaches my ears as I straighten up.

"Um, yes. I was going to ask if I could use your phone." I grab the strap of my bag tighter as his eyes travel up and down me, like inspecting me. An uneasy feeling settles in my stomach at the familiar feeling.

His large bushy eyebrows raise slightly as his notices the tattoo on my arm; that can only be seen if I roll up my sleeves and that is what I have done.

"Odd ink you got there boy." He draws out slowly as if thinking over every word before speaking them. "Thanks." Confusion is written through my words as I watch the older man inspect me. His eyes are going to puncture holes if he stares any harder.

"Fine." His old flip phone is thrown at me as I catch it easy. "Nice catch." He mumbles as I walk a few feet away.

Flipping open the old phone I dial a number that I know by heart. "Hello?"

"Parker, it's Alex." My voice echoes back to me as I hear a loud grumble from the other end.

"I need you to do me a favor." My finger taps the other side of the ancient phone as I press it firmly to my ear waiting for his answer.

"Oka, keep talking mate." His gruff voice fills my ears as I click my tongue. "Well I kind of need you to fetch my car from the forest."

"Why the hell is you car in the forest." His voice is slightly annoyed as I roll my eyes.

"I ran out of gas." He sighs from the other end of the phone.

"Fine, but you owe me." My fingers thread though my hair as I try not to groan, I just paid him back for the last time, damn it.

"Yes, fine. It's in the woods by that house we stay in." I hear him breath, then a sound echoes though the phone. A women's voice fills my ears for a second.

"That house was destroyed Alex." Images from that night flash in my head, Emily's face hovering over me with concern and worry before my body shuts down and all I could see was black. The heavy smell of smoke in the air and the sound of crackling from a fire.

"Really." I try to act surprised at the information I already knew. "Ya, you most have only left when it happened. Lucky you." I sigh quietly as he has taken the lie.

"Yes, lucky me." I reply getting slightly annoyed.

"Yes sure, I will get your car. Drop it off at the next location. Will you be able to walk or do you need me to pick your ass off the road." I hear his deep laugh on the other side, another higher laugh echoes in the background.

"No, I can make it. Thanks though." He laughs again but not at something I have said.

"Okay see you in a few days then."

"Yes, a few days." Dread starts to roll around in the pit of my stomach as I hear the phone click off from the other side. Closing the phone, I turn around to find the old man staring at me through slits for eyes.

"Thanks." I pass the phone to him as his eyes stay firmly on me.

"There is a girl right." I stand sunned at his words and just stare at his face.

He chuckles. "Yes a girl."

I can not seem to form words as his brown eyes stares right through my soul.

-----------------
How was that. Very long chapter...
Tell me...
Comment and vote...
Thanks..
Also go check out a really amazing person named Sparkwolf- she's pretty amazing.
Thanks
-kiss kiss

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

Invictus 由 Ellie

青少年小說

731 56 7
"Anybody who would get near her would turn into Icarus that came too close to the sun." •••• Those monsters conceal themselves behind a mask of norma...
5.4K 292 30
"I beg you to listen" Murmuring softly as I froze in his touch. Exhaling slowly. Doing my best not run out of his hold. "What are you saying?" "I'm t...
5.8K 293 32
Is asking for a normal life to much to ask? Well maybe it is if you are not normal! What would you do if you're fate was chosen for you, but the stro...
Another Life

青少年小說

421 1 27
Emily, a normal girl from Texas has another life which she keeps secret from everyone. Her mom and her friends Lily and Riley got to know about her r...